• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,958 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,958

PreviousChapters Next
287. Sorry Not Sorry

Trixie was sitting in front of some inn or whatever, in her cursed freaking pony form, sitting across a table from Pinkie Pie, who didn’t look too happy to be there.

And like, Trixie got it. If someone had tried to murder her, Trixie wouldn’t have exactly been hyped to hang out with them. Which made it kinda awkward that Trixie didn’t want to apologize. Or rather, she didn’t feel like she had anything to apologize for.

Cuz yeah, she wasn’t gonna try and kill Pinkie again, but at the point in Trixie’s life where it had happened, it made perfect sense to her. Pinkie Pie was an enemy, and when you fight an enemy, you fight to kill. There was nothing to apologize for.

But that wasn’t exactly gonna get her into her new fr—er, uh, um… she wasn’t going to… well Trixie had her reasons for wanting to smooth things over with Pinkie Pie, and we’ll just leave it at that.

Pfft. ‘Friendship’. Smelly.

“So,” Trixie cleared her throat and put her elbow on the table, glancing toward Pinkie Pie but not entirely looking at her, “I guess I should probably apologize, huh?”

“I mean,” Pinkie groaned and looked at Trixie like she was the biggest idiot in the world, which Trixie would’ve taken umbrage with if it weren’t true, “you’re off to a great start. Most good apologies begin with a begrudging admission of reluctance to be honest, real galaxy brain strats.”

“Yes, well,” Trixie cleared her throat again. “I wanna make things right between you and me. For Maud, for Twilight and Fluttershy, and even just for my own sake.”

“Well an apology would be a good place to start,” Pinkie griped.

Trixie paused. She took a deep breath.

“Would you even forgive me if I apologized?” Trixie asked sharply, her words lashing at Pinkie like a whip.

“Dunno,” Pinkie replied, her words ice cold and her glare piercing Trixie’s heart like a dagger. “But that’s not what matters. An apology isn’t about begging for forgiveness, it’s about owning up to your own mistakes, and being honest about how you screwed up.”

Trixie took a deep breath and grit her teeth, grinding them together until they hurt. She wanted to get back in Pinkie’s good graces; she didn’t wanna have to worry and fret and etcetera over being friends with Pinkie’s friends and having Pinkie hate her.

“Well, here’s how it is,” Trixie put her arm on the table and looked Pinkie dead in the just above the shoulder so as not to make direct eye contact area. “I did what I felt I had to. You were my enemy, and I fought you like I would fight any enemy, and if I could redo what happened, I wouldn’t have changed anything because at the time, what I did made sense to me.

“But…” Trixie sighed and hung her head. “That’s not the kind of person I want to be anymore. I wanna put the old me behind me, maybe even… I dunno, make friends. So I apologize to you, Pinkie Pie. Despite my motives at the time, the way I treated you was cruel, and I’m sorry for that.

“That said, if you can’t accept my apology, I get it. I’m not gonna grind an axe with you either way, I promise.”

“Wow, that was a decent apology,” Pinkie hummed, nodding contemplatively, “but no, I don’t forgive you.”

Trixie couldn’t even say she was surprised, but Pinkie’s words still hurt like an ice pick to the spine.

“Maybe all the others trust you and are fine with you,” Pinkie hissed, “and honestly I believe you when you say you don’t wanna be the kinda person that’s gonna make trouble for us and stuff like that, but all I can see when I look at you is the person who tried to kill me and my friends.

“I don’t wanna make space in my life for that person, regardless of what my friends think.”

“Yeah, I get it,” Trixie said, struggling to get the words out and a polite smile onto her face.

“Cool,” Pinkie shrugged and hopped off her chair. “Bye.”

And as Pinkie bounced away and basically completely out of Trixie’s life, while Trixie did feel hurt by it, she mostly felt relieved. The exact thing that Trixie was afraid of happened just like how she was worried it would, and honestly? Wasn’t so bad.

She was just glad she didn’t have that hanging over her head anymore.

Author's Note:

okay so about halfway into next week, we're gonna wrap up this wee arc with the cmc's and such, and after this arc wraps i'm gonna take a little break from azure edge, probably for about two weeks. i feel like i just took a hiatus, but i looked at the records and it was like three months ago lmao.

i'm feeling a bit burnt out after the grueling death march that was writing the pristine army arc, and also getting sunlight ready for its premiere. plus, i'd like a bit of time to work on sunlight exclusively while i'm still buzzing from that New Story energy :3

So that's that on that! If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next