• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,958 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,958

PreviousChapters Next
161. Preparation

Pinkie winced in pain as a pale blue ‘unicorn’ dug her claws into Pinkie’s scalp, holding a tight grip on Pinkie’s mane and yanking her slowly back and forth.

“So,” the woman said, her voice dripping with contempt, “please tell me all about this Twilight Sparkle of yours. I’m just dying to hear more about her.”

“Th-that’s— that’s Trixie!” Spike gasped; he was trembling in fear but looked too scared to actually make a break from the patio-like outdoor eating area he and Pinkie were just enjoying ice cream at like a second ago. “That’s the dragon that burned down the library!”

Oh.

Oh well that changed everything.

Pinkie had no idea why anypony would just choose to antagonize her and Spike like this woman had, but the last thing Pinkie wanted was to escalate the situation, especially with Spike there. But now Pinkie realized a fight was inevitable, and she had no choice but to fight back.

“Spike, run!” Pinkie yelled. “Get out of here and get Twilight!”

That command was enough to get Spike into gear, and he jumped off his chair to make a break for it. His hooves never even touched the ground, as he was caught in a pale pink glow that levitated him just above the concrete floor.

“Not so fast, kid,” Trixie said smugly, pointing a finger at Spike with one hand as her other dug its nails even deeper into Pinkie’s head.

Pinkie had suffered quite enough of Trixie’s sass at this point, so Pinkie drew a knife out of her mane and stabbed Trixie in the hand with it, Trixie screeching in pain and letting go of Pinkie’s hair, growling at her with bared fangs.

Pinkie jumped out of her chair, knife at the ready, but Trixie just grabbed Pinkie in her magic— dropping Spike in the process— and lifted her into the air. Like… way, way into the air. Pinkie could barely see Trixie as a blip on the ground by the time Trixie let her go.

And of course, because Trixie did let her go, that meant Pinkie was now falling. And she was falling really fast, and oh crap the ground was coming up really quickly and this wasn’t good at all!

So naturally, Pinkie screamed. As she careened toward the ground, she covered her eyes and screamed as hard as she could, hoping Twilight or Rainbow Dash would come to her rescue.

And when Pinkie suddenly stopped falling thanks to the timely assistance of levitation magic, Pinkie had a glimmer of hope that Twilight had indeed saved her, but when she opened her eyes all she saw was Trixie looking at her with pure disgust.

You are too noisy!” Trixie barked, running a finger across Pinkie’s lips that zipped her mouth shut. She struggled and squirmed, but she couldn’t get out of Trixie’s magical hold or open her mouth.

This wasn’t a great situation to be in, to be honest! Pinkie wasn’t a big fan of this scenario!

Trixie suddenly howled in pain, and Pinkie’s gaze darted near the ground, where she would’ve smiled at the sight of Spike digging his teeth deep into Trixie’s leg, but her mouth being zipped up kinda made that difficult. She was smiling in spirit though!

“Why you little—” Trixie growled, but with her focus now on Spike, she dropped her spell holding Pinkie, with Pinkie falling to the ground rump-first.

Trixie must’ve noticed this, cuz she immediately set her eyes on Pinkie again and raised her hand to try and grab her, but Pinkie was already one step ahead, throwing a knife right between Trixie’s eyes. And while Trixie was able to weave out of the way without getting skewered, Pinkie still had an ace up her sleeve.

Pinkie threw another knife at Trixie, but Trixie just grinned devilishly and pointed her finger at Spike, grabbing him in her magic and using him as a shield against Pinkie’s attack; which is exactly what Pinkie expected her to do.

Sure, the knife would leave a scratch on Spike, but that particular knife wouldn’t leave a wound any worse than a little needle poke, and when its magic was activated by Pinkie snapping her fingers, it teleported Spike to the location of the first knife Pinkie threw, away from the battle and clear to run and get Twilight.

Trixie snarled in frustration and reached a hand out at Pinkie, who instinctively hopped back a few steps and realized she hadn't been caught in Trixie’s magic. So she hopped back a wee bit more, feeling pretty clever as she figured out that Trixie’s grabby spell had a limited range.

Trixie lurched forward and grabbed at Pinkie, but she just jumped back and threw a knife from her hair at Trixie’s face; Trixie grabbed it in her magic before it could reach her and grinned in satisfaction, but her smile was nothing compared to Pinkie’s when the knife exploded into a burst of confetti, disorienting Trixie and sending her stumbling back.

With Trixie off-guard, Pinkie was free to riddle her with knives, sticking her with three of them that then shot a stream of electricity between them, blasting Trixie with electricky goodness. Well, it wasn’t so good for Trixie, but you get it.

Trixie hissed as smoke rose off her body, and she grabbed something from her pocket and threw it; Pinkie didn’t see what it was until it exploded into a cloud of purple smoke in front of her, making her cough and sputter— at least as well as she could with her mouth still sealed— as she tried to stumble out of the haze.

Pinkie thought she was almost out of it, but then she bumped into something soft and firm, and when she looked up, she saw Trixie’s fanged smile baring down on her, Trixie having teleported behind Pinkie while she was distracted.

Pinkie gulped and her ears fell flat against her head.

Trixie grabbed Pinkie in her magical grip, and Pinkie tried to squirm and struggle away, but no luck.

“What am I gonna do with you?” Trixie whispered, her tone laced with ice-cold bitterness. “You’ve really irritated me, and you let that little pegasus kid slip away. Frustrating.

“I could rip your little ears off?” Trixie’s finger gently traced the edge of Pinkie’s ear and she whimpered. “Or maybe bite your fingers off one by one?”

As Trixie slowly caressed Pinkie’s fingers, Pinkie did the only thing she could think to do in such a helpless and terrifying position.

“Or I could—”

Pinkie laughed.

Her giggles interrupted Trixie’s boasting even despite her mouth being sealed, and Trixie’s eye twitched at the sound of it.

“What’s so funny?”

Pinkie just kept laughing, and she tried to point at her sealed mouth to help Trixie remember that Pinkie couldn’t exactly answer her question.

Trixie growled and unzipped Pinkie’s mouth.

“WHAT’S SO F—”

Pinkie spit right into Trixie’s eye, Trixie screaming in anger and disgust, but the distraction forced her to drop Pinkie, who before even hitting the ground already had a knife ready, and she threw it into Trixie’s chest, where it promptly exploded.

Trixie was blown back by the explosion, spraying blood from her chest like a sprinkler as she hit the ground with a thud, growling under her breath as her hands flailed and twitched for something to grab onto.

Pinkie threw another knife at Trixie, but the dragon grabbed it in her magic and threw it away effortlessly into the vacant streets. Pinkie looked around and she hadn't realized until now that the formerly busy city was now conspicuously quiet as far as she could see. For the best, she supposed; nopony would get hurt that way.

Trixie teleported again, though only to get to her feet; she remained in the same position she’d been lying in, and she let out a fierce roar.

She glared daggers at Pinkie and put a hand on her own face, her fingers transforming into claws in front of Pinkie’s eyes as Trixie dug into her skin and ripped it off like a paper mask, revealing the scaled demon underneath.

Trixie let out a fearsome roar and had transformed into her full dragon form before Pinkie even had a chance to fully wrap her brain around what was happening; and she had to say, Trixie’s transformation was a lot less cool than Fluttershy’s!

But after Pinkie got past the initial shock, she realized Trixie wasn’t really that scary. Sure she was big, but most ponies were big to Pinkie Pie too, and Trixie couldn’t have been any bigger than just two or three Pinkies stacked on top of each other.

Still, when Trixie swiped her claw, Pinkie jumped out of the way! She knew she definitely didn’t wanna get shredded by a dragon’s claws!

Pinkie threw a knife into Trixie’s claw, but even after it exploded it did basically nothing but tickle Trixie, if her chuckle was any indication. Looks like this was a job for the big guns; Pinkie was a mildly decent enchanter with a super amazing blacksmith best friend, and she’d always wanted to be a Slayer before.

She was prepared to fight a dragon.

At least, she hoped.

Trixie jumped forward and pinned Pinkie underneath her claws, and while that was terrifying, the fact that Trixie needed both claws to pin Pinkie was a good sign!

Pinkie still had a bit of wiggle room so she threw a knife into the air and then pricked herself with a second one, teleporting into the air where the first knife was and then throwing it to the ground as far away from Trixie as she could before sticking herself with the second knife again and teleporting to the ground, both knives crumbling to dust after their enchantments were worn down.

Pinkie knew she still had an ace up her sleeve; an anti-dragon weapon she had been developing for an occasion just like this one, but to actually hit Trixie with it, she would need Trixie to be disoriented. Sure Pinkie had been prepared to face a dragon, but not alone!

Oh well. She would just need to improvise.

Pinkie’s explodey knives might not’ve done anything to Trixie’s claws, but if Pinkie could stick Trixie in her eyeball, that’d be a different story. So Pinkie charged forward, and Trixie flew into the air, Pinkie managing to stick Trixie’s neck with a knife on her ascent.

Trixie breathed a stream of pale pink fire down onto Pinkie’s position, but Pinkie had used her teleporty knives to bop herself right onto Trixie’s body, grabbing hold of Trixie’s hair to stop herself from falling to the ground.

Trixie grabbed Pinkie and ripped her off of Trixie’s hair, her face twisted into something between a snarl and a sneering grin as she held Pinkie by the neck in her claw. Trixie rocketed toward the ground, throwing Pinkie onto the concrete and crushing her underneath both claws, knocking the air out of Pinkie’s lungs like she’d just been hit in the stomach by a falling anvil.

If that wasn’t enough, Trixie slammed her tail down onto Pinkie’s legs with enough force to shatter the concrete underneath them, forget about Pinkie’s bones. Pinkie didn’t even scream, just let out a little whimper as her legs were rendered completely useless.

“I oughtta rip those little arms of yours right off!” Trixie screamed, holding Pinkie up by her arms and pulling on them painfully, Pinkie screaming in pain and hoping desperately that one of her friends was close enough to hear her.

Pinkie just didn’t want to be alone anymore.

Everything happened so fast. Pinkie shut her eyes to brace herself for Trixie’s next attack, but next thing she knew she felt Trixie’s breath blowing her hair back like Trixie had sharply exhaled, and she felt herself falling.

She opened her eyes and saw Trixie reeling, her eyes wide and her jaw dropping; whatever hit her, it hit her like a train.

Something firm and rough caught Pinkie before she hit the ground; an arm was wrapped around Pinkie’s chest. A big, buff, orange-furred arm.

Applejack was holding Pinkie in one arm, the other raised to defend her from Trixie. Big Mac was there too, cracking his knuckles and raising his fists to fight alongside his sister.

Pinkie couldn’t stop herself from blubbering. It was like a dream come true to have them rescue her just in the nick of time like this, and she honestly couldn’t believe it was happening.

“Sorry to keep you waitin’, hon,” Applejack said.

“No,” Pinkie sniffled. “You’re right on time.”

Author's Note:

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next