• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,958 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,958

PreviousChapters Next
206. Good Question

Pinkie Pie was slapping her thighs as her legs dangled off the bed, a jittery ball of anxiety as she freaked the heck out about ALL THE THINGS!! Well actually, just the one thing; the Grand Galloping Gala.

Stuff with Fluttershy wasn’t ‘settled’ exactly, but it was settled enough for now. Pinkie trusted Fluttershy, and Flutters said she was gonna work through her stuff and, more importantly, be honest with Pinkie from now on, even about the ugly stuff. Pinkie considered that solid progress, she could put it outta her head until after the Gala at least.

So now she just had a million other things to worry about!

Well okay, again just the one thing, but there were a million things in that one thing!

Between seeing Pinkie’s mom, to meeting Princess Luna and her dragon girlfriend, to Pinkie’s date with Tempest Shadow, to making sure to have time for Fluttershy, plus Pinkie wanted to spend at least a little time with Applejack, and Rainbow too! It all just seemed like so much. Too much for a little gay pink pony to wrap her head around.

Twilight Sparkle walked into the room and Pinkie greeted her enthusiastically, Twilight screaming and falling on her ass for some reason.

“Pinkie!” Twilight yelped. “How did you get into my room!?”

“You left the door unlocked,” Pinkie said casually, thinking that it was obvious.

“It’s an inn,” Twilight said, pushing herself back up to her hooves, “the doors lock on their own!”

“Oh really? Wild,” Pinkie hummed. “So anyway! I need your help with a thing!”

“Uh, okay, sure Pinkie,” Twilight chuckled and sat next to Pinkie on the bed; if there was any awkwardness between them cuz of that misunderstanding, Pinkie’s beaming smile and Twilight’s soft giggle dispelled it right away. “What can I help you with?”

“Organization,” Pinkie said.

“Pinkie Pie,” Twilight grinned, her dragon fangs gleaming like perfectly polished razor blades, “you came to the right woman.”

“So basically,” Pinkie took a deep breath, “I’m gonna go to the Gala with my mom and meet Princess Luna and Luna’s super rad dragon girlfriend but I also wanna make sure that I have time for Applejack too and I absolutely need to make time for Fluttershy, plus I wanna hang out with Rainbow for a bit and I have a date with a super cute mare named Tempest Shadow who I just met but I’m excited to get to know better and I really wanna make a good impression on her!

“You know what I mean?”

Twilight blinked, and then she hummed with a finger up to her lips before nodding.

“I think so,” Twilight said. “What you basically need is a schedule! And not one that you have to follow all the way to the letter, cuz that’s probably more harm than help to a free spirit huh?”

“I am very free spirited, yes,” Pinkie said, nodding along and pretending she understood Twilight’s brain smarts.

“So here’s what I’m thinking…”

It only took like forty-five minutes for Twilight to go through her entire stirring lecture about the virtue of scheduling and planning, and then compact that into a shorter lecture, before finally getting to the part where she gave Pinkie something to work with. That said, the lectures were fun! Twilight was a good speaker of words and stuff!

“Okay, lemme see if I got this straight,” Pinkie said, though she already knew the answer was no cuz there wasn’t anything ‘straight’ about her. “I’ll show up to the Gala with my mom, and then we’ll party with Luna and her gf for a wee bit.

“Then I’ll pick up Tempest and we’ll jam out for a spell, and once the hours are waning and the energy’s nice and low, it’ll be the perfect time for some peace and quiet with Fluttershy. Then me, Rainbow and Applejack, and maybe even Fluttershy, can hit like a donut place on our way home!”

“Yeah!” Twilight said, eyes sparkling and hands clasped together anxiously waiting for Pinkie’s seal of approval on her brilliant plan.

“Twilight Sparkle,” Pinkie sighed, looking at Twilight dreamily, her heart full of affection for her cute and smart pal, “you are a genius!”

“Thank you!” Twilight beamed. “I try!”

“You succeed!” Pinkie jumped on the bed and pumped her fists.

Between Twilight’s brilliant smarts and planning skills, and Pinkie’s natural charisma and fun-loving personality, she was totally certain that she had this Gala thing in the bag!

What could possibly go wrong?

Author's Note:

it almost looks like an obvious telegraph, but i'm also the exact kind of person who would telegraph danger that doesn't exist just to mess with y'all lmao

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next