• Published 7th May 2018
  • 4,311 Views, 23 Comments

The Missing Link - FlareGun45



After realizing Smolder has not been attending class at the School of Friendship for a day, Spike tries to get to the bottom of her personal family problems.

  • ...
8
 23
 4,311

Spike's Theory

A couple of weeks went by, and Twilight was teaching another class. "And that is how the changeling transforms into their new look." Twilight said just before the bell rang. "Wow, good timing! That's all for today, class! Next time we'll be discussing the seaponies and hippogriffs!"

"Oooo my favorite!" Silverstream cheered in excitement. Just before Smolder could leave the classroom, Twilight stopped her.

"Excuse me, Smolder? Mind if we talk for a second?" Twilight asked.

"Sure, Professor Sparkle. What's up?" Smolder asked.

"I need you to come with me into my office." Twilight said. "There is a large matter that we need to discuss."

"Errr, ok sure." Smolder said. Smolder was quite confused on what was going on, but Twilight felt very giggly and quite hyped. She even let out a small spark of magic from her horn. Smolder felt even more confused. Just as the two of them arrive in the office, Smolder asked, "So what's this about?"

"Welllll...." Twilight started, but she couldn't stop giggling in excitement. Spike was also in the room as he stared at Smolder with a grin on his face and tears in his eyes.

"I don't... I don't understand what's happening here." Smolder said. "Spike, what's going on? Why is Twilight acting like a serial killer?"

"Well... remember that conversation we had a few weeks ago?" Spike asked. "The one you told me about your lost egg?"

"Yeah, you still haven't apologized for running off." Smolder said. "What gives, dude?"

"I think you should read this." Spike said as he handed Smolder a folder. Smolder curiously opened it and saw a note inside underneath some pictures of eggs and blood samples.

The note read:

"Dear Spike,

We have researched the scales you have given us by Smolder and yourself, and after some testing, we are gladly to inform you that Smolder is your biological sister."

That is all Smolder read on the note until she fell backward, feeling light headed. Twilight squeed in excitement, and Spike just kept smiling.

"I don't... I don't believe it." Smolder said to herself. "What is this? This is some kind of prank? I'm not laughing! This is offensive!"

"No, Smolder." Spike said as he walked over to her. "It is legit."

"H-how... how is this even possible?" Smolder asked. "The egg! It was gone! The centaurs took it! I was never supposed to see you again!" Smolder started breathing heavily.

"I don't know how I ended up in Celestia's possession," Spike said as he hugged Smolder, "but all that matters is that we're together again. I never thought I would ever meet my real family." Smolder was silent, but her breathing began to calm down. Spike then looked up at her and said, "Hello, sis!"

Smolder started to tear up, as she crouched down and gave Spike a hug in return. "Sup, bro?" She asked. Twilight also started to tear up and hopped excitedly.

"OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH!" Twilight cried. "This is the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life! Spike, I am so proud of you! I have so many questions! Did Ember know about this when she sent Smolder here? How did Spike end up in Celestia's possession? How was he able to survive the centaurs only as an egg? Do your parents know about this? When are you going to meet them, Spike? We should definitely go to the Dragon Lands and find them, and-"

"Twilight?" Spike interrupted.

"Yes, Spike?" Twilight asked.

"That can wait." Spike said. "For now... I'm happy with this."

"Oh," Twilight chuckled in embarrassment, "of course, my bad!"

Spike and Smolder both started laughing as she put Spike in a head-lock and gave him a noogie. "HEY!" Spike yelled.

"I have ALWAYS wanted to do that!" Smolder said, the happiest she has ever been!

Author's Note:

This was the theory I've had for a while! I know this theory seemed far-fetched, just like Spike said in here, but judging by Smolder's personality and looks that I noticed from some of the season 8 episodes, they really seemed similar!

Smolder is snarky, sarcastic, but also loyal to her friends! Doesn't that sound familiar to you? Also look up a picture of Spike and Smolder together! Don't they look similar in a way?

As the odds of this being canon are slim, I would be incredibly surprised if it turned out to be true, and just as happy as Twilight was on here! Twilight pretty much represented my emotions while writing this!

Comments ( 20 )
Comment posted by TheBronyofShadows deleted May 7th, 2018
Comment posted by TheBronyofShadows deleted May 7th, 2018
Comment posted by TheBronyofShadows deleted May 7th, 2018

8910078
And this is a problem.... whyyyyy? Isn't this what fanfics are for? Which is why they're called "fanfics"? :P

You did a great job on the story! it would kind of be interesting if this happened in the show.

8913558
Thank you so much! I would LOVE for this to happen in the show, and I'd STILL be surprised if they actually went through with it! We all know the writers don't experiment much with Spike as much as they should!

Awww this was a cute fanfic! So heartwarming^^ would love to see a sequel of this but that's all up to you

Why are people thinking Smolder is a girl when Smolder is a boy. By the way, if you keep making stories try to not post stories about an episode that isn't released yet.

8923809
Big Jim confirmed that Smolder is a girl! ;) https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/961674023099748352

But you're right about the episode thing. I apologize for posting this pre-maturely! :3

8924155
Weird, I thought that since 'she' sounds like a he, plus there's the fact that's there was already three girls, I thought that it would be three boys and three girls to have it even.

Very interesting idea. Yes, I also watched that episode because someone spoiled it for me and I figured "might as well." It did get me thinking. If Smolder does have an older brother, how funny would it be if it were Garble?

It's just a theory.

8952575
A GAME THEORY.










Not sorry.

9031264
It's likely! They already gave him wings! ;) The show is almost over too, so they gotta show 'em sooner or later!

MJP

Do Ember and Smoulder have a relationship other than Smoulder representing Ember

I want to know because I am in the process of writing a story about embers human counterpart in EQG

‘s cute; I like it. The theory only really works in the context this story gives to Smolder, but I still really like it.

Aw, this was short and adorable. :D

And new headcanon accepted.

yoooooo, hold on hold on marso marso. This rabbit hole goes even deeper and has squeal potential. Since Smolder knows her family, and Spike is smolders little brother, Spike should meet his parents and older brother. :D

Login or register to comment