• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 2,191 Views, 153 Comments

Lights, Camera... - Smoking Gun



The Mane Six and the rest of Ponyville get caught up in production of the newest superhero movie

  • ...
5
 153
 2,191

Chapter 19: Stallion of Steel - Act 3

Chapter 19: Stallion of Steel - Act 3


Mild slowly opened his eyes to find he was in a very different place. The walls were steel (or at least some kind of metal). It was cold and dark and there was almost no light (not including the bulb above his head). He tilted his head, still dazed, to find that his four legs were chained up against a wall. The chain bore a resemblance to Mistress Mayhem's whip.

"Look at that. The god finally woke up." Speaking of which, the leather clad unicorn was standing a few feet before him. Standing behind her was Sweet Wings. "I was worried you wouldn't grace us with your consciousnesses."

"Huh... wa?" Mild had never been knocked out before. He had no clue what the hay was going on.

"So, how does it feel?"

"It feels like... I have no idea actually," he replied with a chuckle.

"Exactly! You don't know pain, Pon-E. But you will soon." Mild finally regained his wits. He realized that he was naked and that his suit was in a glass container at the other side of the room he was in. "Soon, you'll know what Equestria truly is."

Mild slowly examined the room and his host. Slowly, he grew a small smile. "Leather outfit... chains.... dark room. Are you sure you're not just a little 'frustrated' at the moment?"

Sweet Wings cracked a small laugh out before Mayhem shot her the death glare. "I hope you're proud of that last joke. It's the last you'll make."

"Wait, I think I've got more."

"Silence."

"I knew if I didn't watch my cider, I would end up in this kind of situation.. again." Mild hadn't made jokes like this since he was a stupid little colt in high school.

"I said silence!"

"Just promise me you'll be gentle."

ZAPP! Mayhem shot up Mild with a blast of magical energy. He let out a bloodcurdling scream with his eyes rolling back into his head. Sweet Wings couldn't watch, the guilt of what she had done was bad enough. "Was that gentle enough, hero?"

...

"Are you alive?"

"Well... I gave it a try and didn't like it. I guess we're not compatible," he forced out through his bloody smile.

Both Mayhem and Wings looked stunned. "How can you still be joking after that?"

"Well, in desperate situations, it's either laugh or scream. No reason I can't do both." Mild did his best to hold back his tears. That last blast hurt a lot more then he was letting on.

"You won't be doing either in a moment. Computer! Bring down the screen!" A monitor from the roof lowered itself down to everypony's eye level. "Let me ask you something, Pon-E; Why Canterlot? Why did you choose Canterlot of all places to reveal yourself?"

"I- GLACK!" Mild spat up a disturbing amount of blood. Sweet Wings felt like she was ready to join him. "I... I wanted to make it a better place. And after that, make all of Equestria better."

"And why do you want to make Equestria better?" She moved in so close that they were nearly touching noses.

"I'm an Equestrian. It's my responsibility as one of this planets inhabitants to make this world as bright as I can."

Mayhem's face lit up with glee. "Then why are we fighting?"

"Because anypony with a 2-digit IQ can tell you're not entirely right in the head."

SLAM! The unicorn head butted Mild, smiling as she did it. "You're funny. It'd be a shame to kill you with the rest of Canterlot."

"Why do you think destroying Canterlot will make Equestria better?"

"Because they're beneath ponies like us." She trotted back to the monitor. "I always knew I was destined for greater things. I had the intelligence, the cunning, the resources to do something, but I never knew what I had to do. But then I found out about you. When it said that Equestria had a savior, I began to wonder why Equestria would need one. And then it hit me; Equestria is destroying itself!"

"What are you talking about?"

"They're fearful. They're angry. They're greedy. They're stupid."

"And you're not?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Correct!"

...

"Are you for real?"

"You've been to Canterlot-"

"No, seriously, are you for real?"

"The rich have sealed Canterlots resources from those who need them. The put guards at the entrance. They've even threatened to kick out those who already live there, just so they can keep it in the status quo. Canterlot is the symbol of the poison that has infected Equestria!"

"OK. Clearly you're not."

"Once Canterlot is ashes, as well as all the ponies who live there, the rest of Equestria will see that their sinful, fearful ways are at an end. I will take control of this planet and do whatever it takes to make sure the other ponies can reach my level of perfection. There will be no war. No conflict. No more flaws." Her pupils dialated as she threw her front hooves into the air. "And the world will know true harmony!" Sweet Wings had to bite her tongue from laughing at how goofy Mayhem looked.

...

"Is that leather tight?"

"W-Why would you ask that?"

"Because something is obviously keeping the blood from reaching your brain, you psychopath!"

ZAPP! Mayhem fired a steady stream of magic straight at the stallion. He winced in pain, grinding his teeth together. "You- ggkk - need to learn how tooooyyyyaaaaaaaaahhhhh!" Mild spouted out even more blood then last time, crying as soon as he was done. Sweet Wings started to tear up as she vomited a little bit in her mouth.

"We both want to fix Equestria. It's time you see what happens when you try to fix it your way." She turned on the T.V...


In the streets of Canterlot, hundreds of angry ponies were sitting before a podium. At the podium was the mayor of Canterlot. "Citizens of Canterlot, I am here to address an issue that many have been afraid to address. We have been infiltrated by this 'Super-Stallion'. He hasn't made his intentions clear, he hasn't stepped forward and he hasn't taken his mask off. Naturally, many of you are afraid of this new menace!"

Angry cheers egged the mayor on. "Well, acting as an embassedor for Canterlot, allow me to officially distant our fair city from Super-Stallion! He is not trust worthy. He is a keeper of too many important secrets. He cannot be trusted. He will not be trusted. And you have my word that the next time he appears, I will have the brave mares and stallion of the city guard ready to shoot him out of the skies!"

The crowd errupted into cheers, throwing their hooves in the air. Some of them were holding signs that said less then kind things about the red and blue pegasus. Even the little children where helping their parents hold up signs with the 'S' logo crossed out with red paint.


Milds heart sank. All happiness left his face and the tears flowed like a water fall. Mayhem brought herself back over to the stallion. "You come to Canterlot, offering it salvation, and they turn on you. They declare you a menace to society. An outcast. You tried to save them your way and it didn't work. It saddens me to see you so hearbroken, Pon-E, but this is what Equestria has become without our guidance. Join me and we can save it together."

Mild stopped his tears long enough to look into Mayhem's eyes. "It's OK. They don't know what they're doing."

"What?"

"I'm something they haven't seen before. Ponies are scared of what they don't understand. I would probably be scared too if I was them."

"But you're not them! You're better than them! You're their salvation!"

"Stop using that word. I'm noponies savior. I'm just a concerned citizen, doing everything in his power to make Equestria a better place. They're flawed. I'm flawed. You are flawed. Everypony has room to improve themselves and improve the world around them. If you want to save Equestria, set an example for them and do something good in the world. Let me go and we can help those in need." Mustering all his strength, he smiled at the unicorn. "I know you can be a force for good."

Sweet Wings couldn't believe what she was hearing. How can he still talk like that after everything he's been through? she thought to herself. "You should have two different kinds of vision and yet you are still blind! Just look at her!" She extended a hoof to Sweet Wings, startling her. "You let that mare into your home. You shared a cup with her. You gave her a home after knowing for a few minutes, out of the goodness of your heart. She sold you out to me and you STILL haven't lost faith.

"Nope."

"You feel no contempt for these ponies?"

"Not one little bit," he replied with a smile.

"What about me? Do you hate me?"

"More then anything." Mayhem was taken back by the bluntness of his answer. "Nothing would make me happier than killing you. But I know that's not something my parents would be proud of. It's not the right thing to do. The right thing is to help rehabilitate you. You're not well. But you can be saved... even if my father can't."

This guy really is something, isn't he? Sweet Wings was more then a little touched by the stallions attitude.

"So... you admit to hating me?"

"Yes."

"And you admit to being an Equestrian, equal to everypony else?"

"Yes," said Mild with a smile.

"Then you'll die with them." Mayhem headbutted Mild again, this time drawing blood. "I wish you could have been a part of this." Without warning, Mayhem kissed Mild on the lips (tongue included). When she released him, he saw some of his blood around her lips. "Your blood... it tastes so sweet."

...

"And you think my parents did a number on me?"

"Goodbye, Super-Stallion." Mayhem set the monitor to show multiple angels around the city. "You're going to watch Canterlot crumble. You're going to see my work unfold right before your eyes. Maybe then you'll see the light. But before I go, I have one last matter to attend to." She turned to Sweet Wings with a smile. "Computer! Restrain Sweet Wings!"

Several chains flew out of the wall, wrapping themselves around Sweet Wings hooves. The pulled her back to the wall, pinning her right next to Mild. "What?! I helped you!"

"Yes, you did. But you betrayed Pon-E in the process, didn't you? I can't have a pony like you running around in the new world," she said with an evil smirk. "Pon-E may yet live through all of this if he sees the light. You, on the other hoof, will not." The unicorn took a few steps back. "Computer! Take me to the roof!" The teleportation light engulfed her before she faded away.


On the roof of her airship, Mistress Mayhem looked over the city of Canterlot. "Today, Mayhem rules!" The ponies in the Canterlot streets looked up to find the airship hover not too far away from their walls. Everypony looked up in fear, even Meekly, who was standing outside the Daily Daylight.

"Mild? Where are you?"


Back inside the airship, Mild was franticly chewing at his chains. Sweet Wings was in a state of depression as she watched the stallion. "Super-Stallion... I'm-"

"Regret it later. Fix it now." He stopped chewing the chains when he realized he wasn't even leaving teeth marks. "If I can get in the sun light, I can heal and stop her."

"You can't." Sweet Wings started crying. "Give it up. She's going to kill everypony."

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Mild started to inch further and further from the wall until the chains started to struggle. Once he reached a certain point, the chains sent a magical charge on energy into his body, causing extreme pain. Mild cried in agony, but he kept going.

"Stop! You're going to die!" yelled Sweet Wings.

"No... I won't!" The chains started to crack, making the charge even stronger. Mild screamed so loud it threatened to deafen Sweet Wings.

"Please! Why don't you just give up?!"

"Because... I'm above that!"

CRACK-CLANG!

The chains finally gave way and snapped, ceasing the painful magic. Mild dropped to the ground, smoking like a piece of bacon. He was about to slip away until he saw his suit again, inspiring him to his feet. "I've got to get outside."

Sweet Wings was in awe at Mild's persistence. He started punching the glass container his suit was being held in. "I bet she left this here just so she could remind me of how I failed. She's in for a surprise, isn't she?" With every punch, the cracks on the glass grew bigger and bigger. She didn't say anything, but Sweet Wings was cheering him on in her head. With one last punch, Mild shattered the glass, bits and pieces of it being lodged in his hoof as a result. He pulled the costume out and put it on, letting it form over him.

"Come on, let's get you out of there."

"Don't."

"Don't?"

"Mayhem's right, I don't deserve to live."

Mild brought them eye to eye. "Never say that! There's always a reason to keep living. And right now, yours is to help me stop Mayhem."

Sweet Wings started balling. "I don't deserve to help you. I'm not good enough."

Mild laid a hoof on her side. "Sweet, why were you working with Mayhem?"

She inhaled and exhaled deeply. "When I was a little filly, I kept flying around like I was the fastest there was. I was always moving. At that age, my parents will still fast enough to catch up to me. This one time, I got into a fight with my parents over something meaningless... I don't even remember what it was, so I flew off. They chased me all over Cloudsdale until I flew past an oncoming moving truck. I flew past it... just in time for them to take the hit."

Mild couldn't help but remember a certain situation that sounded too much like this one. "Sweet Wings, I know how-"

"No you don't. When I saw them plummet to the ground, I flew off. I hid in the mountains for a week before Mayhem caught me moving on her radar. She offered me a place with her. She fed me, clothed me, taught me how to fight. I owed her everything."

"But she wanted something else?"

"When I was with her, she kept talking about finding you. And that I would help her when that day came. After you ditched her in Canterlot yesterday, she told me to follow you back to your base. If I had known she was going to kill everypony, I would have-"

Mild shushed her. "Don't say anything else. I understand."

"How could you possibly understand?"

Mild shed a tear. "Because I got my father killed." Sweet Wings eyes widened. "I used my powers when I shouldn't have and Mayhem tracked me to the farm I grew up on. I got into a fight with my dad and I flew away. When I was away, she showed up looking for me. He died protecting me." At this point, Mild was almost crying as much as Sweet Wings was. "After that day, I found the fortress. I knew after that what I was going to do with my life. I was going to use my gifts to be a better pony. To make Equestria a better place. And nothing is going to stop me from doing that. And it shouldn't stop you."

"How do you do it? How do you find it so easy to do the right thing?"

"I don't. If doing the right thing was easy, the world would be a much brighter place then it is now."

Sweet Wings started to let a smile shine through. "I don't suppose I could get a little help?" Mild and Sweet Wings started tugging at the chains, causing the painful energy to flow through both of them. "This- had- better- be- worth it!"

CRACK-CLANG!


Even from the roof of the airship, Mayhem could see the guards mobilizing, readying for the attack. "Computer! Get the signal charged. We don't want to keep our friends waiting." She watched the guards with amusement. "I know you can't here me, but don't bother. You can't fight me."

"Then we'll fight you on their behalf." Mayhem found two blue pegasi floating behind her. Mild was now fully healed, having bathed in the sunlight. "And when we win, you're going to deliver you to the Canterlot court."

"Hehehehahahahahah!" Mayhem started rolling on the floor, laughing her plot off. She eventually got back up.

"Are you finished?"

"Sure. You first, Super-Stallion!" Mild flew in first, only to be knocked back by her whip. Sweet Wings attempted to flank her, but a magical charge sent her back. "Honestly, Sweet Wings. I could have sworn I told you how to fight better then that-"

THOMP!

At incredible speed, Mild charged into Mayhem, tackling her to the ground. As the rolled on the roof of the base, she was eventually able to throw him off. "You don't know how to fight. Do you?"

The two ponies climbed back to their feet, ready to go again. "Why do you think I'm a reporter? The pen is mightier than the sword... and a lot easier to lift."

"It's funny. You have all this power and you can't even fight your enemies." Before Mild had time to react, Mayhem teleported right behind him. "It's sad really."

ZAPP!

With smoke coming off him, Mild was sent back into one of the defense turrets. "Normally I'd turn the guns on you, but this is much more gratifying."

THOMP!

While not as fast as Mild, Sweet Wings was still fast as she charged Mayhem from the back. Unlike Mild, however, she was quick to kick her while she was down, sending her skidding across the roof. "You're right. This is gratifying."

Mayhem's horn lit up with magic. "I've had enough of-"

THWACK!

Mild socked the unicorn in the jaw, sending her into a turret, returning the favor from earlier. "Give it up, Mayhem. You can't take us both on at once."

She wiped the jaw from her mouth. "For once, we agree. Computer! Fire all missiles at Canterlot!" All at once, a countless number of missiles were released from the hull of the ship, hurtling towards the bright city. She smirked at the stallion. "Good luck."

Mild started galloping across the airship, passing Sweet Wings. "Keep her busy! I'll be back in a flash!"

"Really?"

"Probably not."

WHOOSH!

Mild quickly passed the missiles as he flew towards Canterlot. Sweet Wings turned back to Mayhem. "Now, where were we?"


The citizens of Canterlot ran under whatever cover they could find. The few that poked their heads caught a view of an amazing sight. Mild flew directly in front of a cluster of missiles, using his fire breath to set them off at a safe distance. A bunch down, a bunch to go... yay, he thought to himself.

His powers gave him time to assess the situation of where the missiles were heading. He identified several that were heading towards abandoned buildings and carriages. He then found the ones that were actually heading towards the inhabitants. OK, Mild, you've just got a couple thousand lives depending on you, no pressure.

The few ponies that were brave enough to look up saw Mild bounce across the city, bouncing missiles, redirecting them with his super-strength and just take the hit in some cases. Meanwhile, several other missiles destroyed uninhabited buildings and vehicles. With a few flame contrails coming off his body, he flew past a small pegasus girl that was watching him. "YEAH, SUPER-STALLION!"

Mild picked up the sound of another missile heading towards one last carriage that just so happened to be full. But it was too late. The missile impacted on the ground in front of the carriage, making it flip back in to the air, tossing around the ponies inside. "Don't worry folks, I've got ya!"

Mild swooped under the carriage, catching it over his face. Unbeknownst to him, a red maned colt was taking pictures of the iconic moment. He gently laid the vehicle down and opened the door. Out of the carriage came two scantily clad mares. Behind them, was another mare with crazy blue hair. She was dressed in a large rimmed hat, with a feather in it and a fur coat. She examined Mild red and blue duds. "Say, Jim! Whoo!"

"Excuse me, ladies," he said before taking back off into the air.

"That's a bad outfit!"


Mild hovered over the city and closed his eyes, keeping his ears open to find any last missiles. But he heard something different...

"MILD! SAVE ME!"

He X-Rayed through a group of buildings to find Meekly backed up against the wall of the Daily Dayligh as two missiles traveled down the street, heading straight for her.

WHOOSH!

Mild dashed in front of her, but before he could fly towards the oncoming projectiles, the movement of his wings generated what looked like a miniature tornado. The high winds sen the missiles off-course and striaght into each other, only damaging a couple of nearby buildings. Mild stood there, dumbfounded by what he just did. "I can do that now?"

"MILD!" Meekly ran up to the stallion, giving him a big hug. "I thought you were gone."

"Really? You didn't have more faith? I'm hurt," he said, giving her a teasing smile.

"Oh shush!" Forgetting their problems for that brief moment, the two let out a cute giggle. "So, care to let me know what's going on?"

"Long version or short?"

"Fast version."

"OK... A crazy unicorn in a S&M outfit, calling herself 'Mistress Mayhem' wanted me to help her destroy Canterlot. It turns out she was the one who killed my father as well. When I said no, she chained me up in her dungeon, but me and my new friend, Sweet Wings, who used to work for her, broke out and now we're fighting her on the roof of a giant airship and I also think I heard her saying she was bringing in some 'guests'. But then she launched a bunch of missiles at the city which brings us to this moment.

...

"You're seeing another mare?" she asked while staring daggers.

"She's only a friend!"

"Who betrayed you?

"Would you believe she was just... confused and upset?" She didn't respond. "It's not what you think and this really isn't the time."

"I agree with that last part."

"Hooves in the air! Back away from the mare!" The two ponies were suddenly surrounded by what looked like the entirety of the royal guard. "I said step away from her!" Mild recognized him as the guard that let him in when he first arrived.

He let go of Meekly and trotted towards him. "Sir, we need to get the ponies to safety. I have no idea what Mayhem is about to throw at us next."

"Who's Mayhem?"

"Long story. You just need to trust me."

"No chance in Tartarus!" The soldiers made their advance. "How do we know you're not working with this 'Mistress Mayhem?"

Mild stared blankly at him. "Yes. I'm working with the mare just tried to kill thousands of innocent ponies and I just stopped by getting in the way of hundreds of missiles. That's exactly what's going on."

The soldier rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I get it." He signaled his men to lower their weapons. "I know that we need to protect the civilians, but there's no way to get them out of hiding. They're too scared."

"Then we'll have to fix that." Mild flew high above the city. "Citizens of Equestria! Listen to me! You're going to be just fine!" He used his super-strength to project his voice all over the city. Even the fighting mares on the airship could hear him. "I know you're scared of me and of that airship. You know what? I'm scared too. But I will never let anything happen to you or your families!" Slowly, the ponies crept out of their hiding places. "The guards will keep you safe, but you all need to go get out of the city. Head to the south gate and rendezvous with all the ponies outside! The guards will protect you as best they can, but you need to keep each other safe! There's strength in numbers! You need to brave! For your friends! For your children!"

Mild's morale was lifted when he noticed several ponies smiling and nodding along, but that didn't make the situation any less dire. "What are you waiting for?!" Right on cue, all the ponies started heading south, making sure that all the fillies, colts and mares were pushed to the front. Meekly stayed behind, watching the red and blue hero hover in front of the sunlight.

"Way to go, Super-Stallion."


Back on the airship, Sweet Wings smiled as she heard the end of Mild's speech. "Way to go, Super-Stallion."

"How nice of him. He's rounded them all up for me," cracked Mayhem.

LONG. RANG. SIGNAL. READY. FOR. ACTIVATION. MISTRESS. MAYHEM, spouted the airship computer.

"Perfect timing."

"What the hay was that?"

Mayhem started to circle Sweet Wings. "What do you know about dragons, Sweet Wings?"

"I know that there aren't any in Equestria for one thing."

"You're 100% correct," she said with a devilish grin.

"Then why did you bring it up," asked Sweet Wings, with trepidation in her voice.

"You see, when you've had 23 years to plan your triumphant moment, you start thinking of back-up plans. It would be impossible for me to take over Equestria on my own. Without Pon-E at my side, the next best thing would be an army of fire breathing monsters. Wouldn't it?"

"How do you plan to-"

...

"Oh, buck no."

"Oh, buck yes. Computer! Activate the signal!"


Mid touched down with at front of a small group of royal guards that stayed behind. "Mayhem is under your authority, gentlecolts. You need to be the ones who arrest her."

"Look at that, something else we can agree on." The guard leader raised his spear in a rallying manner. "Come, soldiers! Come with me and help take down this crazy bi-"

THOOOOMP!

The airship suddenly expelled what sounded like a strange gong. Chills were sent down everypony's spine at once. Mild super-hearing started to pick up something big coming this way. Whatever it was, it was loud.

Mayhem ran to the edge of the airship, standing up on her hind legs. "Pon-E! I know you can hear me!" Mild's ears started twitching, even though the guards couldn't hear a thing coming from the airship, hundreds of kilometers away. "I surrender! But first, you're going to have to make it through my friends!"

The lead guards shook Mild out of his super-hearing. "What the hay is she saying up there?"

"I was hearing something else at the same time, but I believe she said she was surrending," he said with a thankful smile.l

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Then what's that?" The guard pointed towards a group of red gold figures flying in over the mountains. It was an army of dragons heading straight for Canterlot. Mild's zoom-vision saw that they were already licking their scaly lips.

"She may have hinted at that as well."

Sweet Wings watched the oncoming horde of dragons fly straight past the airship and straight for the city. Veins became visible on Mayhem's forehead. "I told you I would burn Canterlot to the ground!" Snapping out of her fearful state, Sweet Wings saw Mayhem grinning straight at her. "If you were planning to run, now would be the time."

"Like hay I am." Even if it was only a little bit, Sweet Wings' morale shot up.

"I'm not going to lie; I was hoping you would say that."

THWIP!

Mayhem's whip constricted around Sweet Wings torso, ensnaring her wings and forelegs. She tossed Sweet Wings around like a rag doll, throwing into anything remotely hard or sharply edged. Over and over again, Sweet Wings kept getting slammed over and over again. "But then again, it's not like you had ever made smart decision, prior to this."


"I trust you gentlecolts have my back?" asked Mild.

"At least those of us that can fly."

Mild nodded right before taking off towards the dragon army with twenty-or-so pegasi guards right behind him. "Up, up and away!"

...

"That's your big battle cry?"

"Give me a break. This is my first."

The dragons at the head of the pack expelled several all of fire towards Mild and his impromptu army. "Evasive maneuvers!" shouted the leader as they dodged the balls of fire. The extreme heat was getting to the brave stallions behind Mild.

"I'll move ahead and clear a path." Mild shot past the ball of fire, ducking and dodging each of them. After they were clear, he slammed straight into the lead dragons jaw, knocking him unconscious as he plummeted to the ground. I hope I didn't break it's jaw. One by one, Mild slammed into the other dragons, doing anything he could to stop them in their tracks. He grabbed one by its tail before throwing it into three others. "I think I'm starting to get the hang of this fighting thi-"

THWACK!

A golden dragon smacked Mild, sending him hurtling across the sky. When Mild correct his flight path, he found the guards, charging the dragons head on. "Get Mayhem! We'll handle our guests!"

Mild zipped past the other dragons, now hover in front of Mayhem. "I heard you say something about surrending?"

"Absolutely. Here's my peace offering!" Still entangled in her whip, Sweet Wings was hurdled towards Mild, knocking him out of the air. "Computer! Send me to Canterlot!" With a flash of light, she was gone.


Mild caught Sweet Wings in her hooves. "Wake up!" No response. "Come on! We're almost out of this!"

"A-actually, dragons just showed up s-so I wouldn't say we're almost out." Mild breathed a sigh of relief as she took to flight. "But it is getting fun, finally."

Mild looked back at the soldiers fighting for their lives against the dragon horde (and losing). "I think you and I have different definitions of the word 'fun'."

Her eyes started to trail down his suit. "Hmm, I think I could help to change your-"

"Fate of the world at stake, Sweet Wings!"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Right."

Mild rolled his eyes."I heard Mayhem teleport to Canterlot. You need to get down there and stop her. Whatever you do, don't kill her."

"What? Why not?"

"Because you're better then that," he said as he smiled. "I know you are."

Sweet Wings mimicked Mild's eye roll. "You're gonna give me diabetes if you keep talking like that." Sweet Wings started flying towards Canterlot, but turned around. "Hey? Kiss for good-" He was gone. Already back with the soldiers. "Heh. Next time."


Meekly dashed through the streets, running into the cluster of guards that were left behind."Ma'am! What are you doing here?" shouted one soldier. "You should be outside the walls with all the other ponies."

"I'm not leaving until M- Super-Stallion is back."

"Lady, I don't know if your glasses are broken," he said as he raise his hoof to mountain range, "but he's kind of busy right now. And so are we. We can't escort you back. You'll have to do it yourself."

"I'm not going anywhere. Besides, it's not like there's anything down here to worry about."

BOOM!

"But I have been wrong before."

As the white light faded, Mayhem stood with a 'you're totally bucked' grin, plastered across her face. "No, please, stay. You can get your death out of the way now."

The soldiers surrounded the white unicorn. "Mistress Mayhem! You are under arrest!"

"Really? It doesn't feel like it." She reached for her whip.

"Put the whip down... can't believe I said that."

Her eyes narrowed. "As you wish."

THWIP-SPLISH!

With lightning speed, Mayhem raised the whip into the air and brought it down on the soldier, driving it down into his skull. Meekly yelped and jumped back at the goring sight. "Next?" Without another seconds hesitation, Mayhem slashed another guards throat, cutting through his armor. Two guards attempted to jump her at once, but they, along with all the other guards were blow back by a force field that expanded from her horn. The guards were knocked through brick walls and various sharp objects. Even Meekly felt the field push her back.

She turned over and found the leather studded unicorn right on top of her. "You're a fan of Pon-E?"

Meekly glared into Mayhem's domino mask. "It's Super-Stallion to y- ggkk!"

Mayhem pressed her hoof down on her throat, watching the purple mare gasp for air. "He's dead to me. And so are you."

"Yougggkkkt- you're insackkk!" It hurt to talk. It hurt to breathe.

"I'm not the one out of their mind. You ponies have ruined this once great planet with your greedy and selfishness. I'm restoring peace to this world, you moronic dolt!"

"Your nameggkk- is Mistress Mayhem, for Celestia sake!"

...

Releasing her neck from her hoof, she levitated Meekly into the air. Mayhem readied her whip. "Are you afraid, unicorn?"

"I'm afraid of a lot of things... but not of you!"

"You should be." She raised the whip. "You really sh-"

THWACK!

Sweet Wings cocked Mayhem in the temple, sending her into an alley, knocking over several rubbish bins. Meekly fell to the ground and looked up at her rainbow maned heroin. "I've done a lot of dumb things in my life, but you sticking around here has got to be up there." She extended a hoof to Meekly, but she got up on her own.

"I'm sticking around for somepony. What's your excuse?!" she snipped back.

"Oh, nothing important. Just helping Super-Stallion save the world." She opted not to add 'you idiot' to that last remark.

"What a coincidence. That's who I'm sticking around for," she said with a snarky smirk.

"And how do you know S-S? You a fan girl?"

"Oh, I'm a friend," she answered, stepping closer and closer to her. "A very good friend."

"Heh, oh I'm sure you guys are close." The two glared at each other a lot longer then they should have.

"Maybe we should worry about his safety," suggest Meekly through her teeth.

"You're right. I'll head back and help him. You stay here and do whatever it is you do. I'm sure you have you're own things to worry about."

"Actually..." Mayhem stepped out of the alley (with a rotten banana peel over her head). "You both have something to worry about, now."


Mild bounced around the field of dragons, knocking them out of the sky, one by one. "We're doing great, gentlecolts! Keep it up!"

"We're doing well?" At this point, the guards were floating as they watched this red and blue blur bounce of the dragons like a pin ball. "If we knew you were this good, we would have brought cider and popcorn!"

Mild searched the sky for any more dragons. It looked like they were done. "Well, I say that's the last of it. Great work every-"

CLAMP!

The golden dragon that Mild knocked down at first had flown back up and clamped Mild between his giant claws. The strength of the dragon matched Mild's, if not exceed it. The stallion gritted his teeth as struggled to break free. The dragon brought the puny pony up to his eye level.

"We. Not. Go. Down. Easy."

"Maybe not.... but you will go down!"

The guards hurled their spears and swords into the dragons eyes, painfully blinding him. The dragon released Mild from his grasp, as his hands were busy trying to stop the bleeding. The squad of guards flew up into the air and came down on the monsters head, sending him back were he came from. Mild winced at the bloody sight.

"Did you have to be so violent?

...

"Why are you looking at me like that?"


"That's funny. 'cause the way I heard it, it sounds like you betrayed him," remarked Meekly as Sweet Wings bucked Mayhem through a glass window.

"Really? Did he use those words?"

"Well... no. But that's only because he's such a nice guy that he would never say something like that... out loud that is."

Sweet Wings shot her the death glare. "Yeah, he's swell. But, it's interesting to know that he's mentioned me, 'cause I've never heard a single thing about you... what was your name again?"

"Meekly," she stated bluntly. "For the fifth time."

"Sorry, I can be forgetful sometimes," retorted Sweet Wings with a smirk. "It's a little hard to understand why somepony as awesome as S-S would hang out with a sweet little nerd like you."

"A what now?"

"A nerd. You know. It's not like you can fight or any-"

"Oh shut up!" Mayhem jumped out the window she had just been sent through, covered in cuts and bruises. "I would end this campaign right now if it meant you two would be silent?"

"Seriously?" wondered Meekly. Sweet Wings faced hoof and groaned. With a screech, Mayhem raised her whip.

ZAPP!

Meekly shot out a blast of magic, straight into Mayhem's face, knocking her off her feet. She grinned at Wings. "You were saying?"

"Don't be a smart-ass."

"You're right. The smart part would be too much for you, wouldn't it?"

...

"Bitch I will-"

ZAPP!

A duel blast of magical energy caught the mares off-guard. Sweet Wings flew back into a brick wall, sending her into a daze. Meekly skidded along the concrete. Before she could barely keep her eyes open, noticing blood from her forehead rolling over her eyes. Mayhem stood over her, now with the left half of her domino mask burnt off. "Any last words, simpleton?"

Meekly grinned. "Five: Look up in the sky!"

When Mayhem turned around, she wasn't pleased with what she saw. "Oh buck m-"

THWACK!

Mild came down and socked Mayhem in the jaw. She bounced across the street, leaving splotches of blood on the ground. "Hooves off her!" The stallion offered a hoof up, but she jumped up on her own and embraced him. "Think we could save the hugs till after we save the day?" he asked with a huge grin.

Sweet Wings regained her sense just in time to see the two in each others forelegs. She was not amused. "S-S, I didn't realize you had a... 'friend'."

"Oh... w-w--we're co-workers." Meekly glared at the heroic stallion. "Very close co-workers, of course." Then Sweet Wings glared. "She was- I-I... Fate of the world!" He didn't receive a response. "Give me a break, I just punched out an army of dragons."

"Pon-E, just in time," said Mayhem as she staggered back up. "You were just in time to see your girlfriends give up."

"These mares will never quit as long as they can still draw breath. And neither will I."

"Then the three of you can die together. You know what? I'll do you a favor. I'll let you decide which one gets the quick death."

Mild shot a serious look at his mares. "Ladies, you've done good. But I need to deal with her myself."

"Like hay!" shouted back Sweet Wings. "As long as you're right here, we're staying."

Mild smiled. "I had a feeling you'd say that. Which is why I'm going to have to ask you to excuse me." Sticking his forelegs in front of him, he plowed straight into Mayhem at incredible speed. "I need to have a private word with Miss Mayhem."

The hero and villain charged through several buildings until Mild finally let up and threw against a 'Sweet Apple Acres' cart. Before Mayhem returned to the fight, she was quick to down a huge mug of cider. "Ready for round two?"

"Round two implies that there'll be more. This ends now."

Mayhem grew a Cheshire grin. "Something else we can agree on!" She tried to use her whip, but Mild's super-speed gave him an edge over it. He ran up to and gave her an uppercut, causing her to hurdle upwards, landing on the roof of the building they were fighting in front of.

"I've got to say, I think I'm getting the hang of this whole 'fighting' thing."

"And how are you taking it?"

"Not my thing. So I'll give you one last chance to stand down."

THWIP!

Her razor sharp whip wrapped around the stallions neck. "Right. What was I thinking?" The unicorn trotted towards him, using her magic to tighten the grip around his neck as she came closer.

"Come on, hero. Stand up!"

"Sit down!"

THWACK!

Mild punched the unicorn in the gut, making her finally let go of her whip before flying off the edge. Mild ripped the whip off his neck and ran to where she landed; right outside the museum. "You dare-"

THWACK!

"I do." Another punch put Mayhem at the top of the steps, a mere few steps from the front door.

"You have no right to stop me! I'm saving Equestria! It's my destiny! I have what it takes to correct this world."

Mild dashed right up to her face. "And that's why you'll always fail. Equestria doesn't need to be 'corrected'. It needs more ponies who are prepared to do the right thing." TWHACK! The unicorn spat out a good bit of blood after that last punch. "Anypony can make Equestria better. But it's not about what they want." THWACK! "It's not about what's on your cutie mark." THWACK! "It's not about the costume you were." THWACK! "And it's not about the mistakes they've made." THWACK! Mayhem started spitting out teeth. "It's about what you do..." Mild wound his right hoof back. "It's about action!"

THWACKOOM!

Mild's last punch sent Mayhem through several exhibits, eventually coming to a halt in the 'unexplained mysteries' exhibit, damaging several of the displays. When Mild entered the room, he found Mayhem kneeling down on her hind legs. They both knew that this fight was over. "I didn't enjoy having to fight you. I don't like hurting anypony... even if I hate them."

It hurt for Mayhem to look up at the red and blue stallion. "H-How can you have the strength to not kill me?" she asked with a few tears running down her blood and broken face.

"Because I'm above that. You need help. You're sick. I can help you. You can make amends for what you've done. It's never too late to be a better pony."

When she opened her mouth, Mild couldn't help but be disturbed by the image of a mare without a good chunk of her teeth. "Why don't you just go back where you came from?"

The stallion turned to the display of the message that was broadcasted the day he arrived in Equestria. He felt sorry for his Cloudtopian ponies, even if he never knew them. "Because I can't. And even if I could, I wouldn't. This is my home now and I'm not going to let you ruin it anymore."

"I just wanted to do the right thing... what's the real difference between you and me?"

Mild knelt down for the unicorn. "Including or not including the bondage?" Her eyes flared with rage as she used the last of strength for one last punch... that he caught. "You've been looking at Equestria from the viewpoint of a dark, dank fortress, looking only for the negative." He pulled her in close and restrained her. "It's time you saw it from my perspective."


Mild, carrying Mayhem took off into the sky, going higher and higher. "There's one benefit to having your head in the clouds from time to time." He finally reached his destination; the upper atmosphere. The two could see the curvature of the planet as well as the stars beyond. "You get the best view." The air was getting to thick for Mayhem to breathe. "Equestria is beautiful. Why would you want to destroy it?

Mayhem started to loose her consciousnesses, using whatever air she had left to ask one last question. "What are you? An alien... or a stallion?"

...

"I'm Super-Stallion."


The citizens of Canterlot returned to their city, examining all the damage that had been done. They all gathered outside the museum, where Sweet Wings and Meekly were looking up, waiting for Mild to come back. The eyes lit up like the stars when the saw a red and blue stallion descend from the heavens, carrying a white unicorn in his forelegs. The entire city was silent as he gently laid her in front of the guards. "Citizens arrest?"

"Sure, let's call it that," the guard said with a smile.

"Su-pe-stall-ion!" chanted one pony. Slowly but surely, one by one, everypony joined in, chanting his name and stopping on the ground in rhyme. He flew a few feet into the air, letting his ego take over for a brief moment as he soaked in the moment.

Meekly looked up with tears in her happy eyes. "I'm so proud of you..."

Sweet Wings (knowing an opportunity when she saw one), jumped up to Mild and open kissed him in front of the entire city. Whereas MIld's eye dilated, Meekly's constricted, her smile leaving her face in less then a second. When Wings released him, she saw through his mask that he turned a bright red.

"What's wrong, stud? Never kissed a girl before?"

...

"Wow! You really are a dork."

His eyes turned to Meekly. She was not amused, but she knew an unexpected kiss when she saw one and smiled anyway. Mild looked over the crowd one last time before taking off to the sky. "You folks have a great day!"


The next morning, Mild (in his shirt and glasses) exited the back door of his farm house, heading to a small garden full of daffodils. At the end of the garden, sat two tombstones. He knelt down to them and smiled. "Hey guys. I just wanted to give you an update. It's been difficult, painful and more then a little confusing. But I finally did. I became the pony you wanted me to be." He smiled as he cried. "I hope that where ever you are, I've made you proud."

"I think it's safe to say you did," said Sweet Wings as she touched down. "You did something incredible yesturday. You're the biggest hero Equestria has ever seen. Rumor is that the mayor wants to give you the key to the city today."

"I'm not a hero, I was just doing my part."

...

"But you have to admit; I looked cool doing it." They shared a small laugh.

"So... about the kiss, I'm sorry about, you know, not warning ya."

"I'm the one who's sorry. I may have sent false signals... or something. I'm new to this."

"You're new to a lot of stuff, aren't ya?"

"I've been training in a cloud fortress for the last five years. Everything's been a learning experience for me." He pulled something from his shirt pocket, but didn't show what it was. "Sweet Wings, I don't suppose you've found a home in the last twenty four hours?"

"Well... not exactly."

"Good." He tossed her a small, golden key. On the handle of the key, was the 'S' symbol of his family. "Now you won't have to sneak in."

The rainbow maned pegasus started to get chocked up. "Wow... that's-"

"It's cool. Don't worry about it."

Mild flapped his wings, levitating off the ground. "Where are you going?" asked Sweet Wings.

"I've got to go to work. I've got an exclusive interview with Super-Stallion to hand in for proof-reading."

"Go get 'em! Hey, one last thing!" Mild stopped and turned back to her. "The symbol... if it's not an 'S', what does it mean exactly?"

Mild winked as he took off to Canterlot. "It means hope."


"MANNERED! GET YOUR PLOT IN HERE!"

Mild stumbled through the door of Angry Chief's office, taking the opportunity to trip over himself. "You bellowed?"

"I WANTED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR SUPER-STALLION STORY!"

"Ah, yes. I've got it right here for you."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! MEEKLY DROPPED IT IN THIS MORNING?"

"Meekly?"

"YES!" Chief tossed a several page document onto the table. The title read 'Stallion of Steel. Written by Meekly and Mild Mannered'. "DOING A DOUBLE INTERVIEW! BRILLIANT IDEA! AND THE INTERIVEW ITSELF: BRILLIANT! I EVEN LOVE FONT!"

Mild wasn't used to taking credit for something he hadn't done, but he noticed the article was made up of bits and pieces from their conversations. I guess I can go with this, he thought. "I'm glad you like it chief. I'm hope I'm one step closer to earning my permanent place here at the Daily-"

"THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! STORIES DON'T WRITE THEMSELVES! GET OUT! OUT!"

Mild zipped out of the office, exhaling with relief. "Hey, weirdo!" shouted Call Waiting.

"Hello, Call. How have you been?"

"Eh, I almost died yesterday, but so did a lot of ponies, so I guess it's nothing special."

"That's one way to look at it."

"Hey, I didn't see you anywhere yesterday. When Super-Stallion sent everypony out of the city, I went looking for you but I couldn't find you anywhere."

Mild forced a blush to keep his character up. "Y-you were looking for me?"

"Don't flatter yourself, I was just looking to hang with as many ponies as I could."

"Oh yeah, sure."

"So... where were you?"

"Um... I-I-I had this ham and cheese sandwich that didn't agree with me, so I spent the day sick in bed, I kind of fell asleep."

...

"You slept through all the explosions and screams of terror?"

"W-W-Well, I'm not proud... I-I mean-"

"Of course you did," she mumbled, rolling her eyes as she slumped back into her seat.

"I-I should probably get back to work, you have a good day!"

"Mmmhm." Call drifted back into the same day dreaming state that Mild found her in when he arrived a couple of days ago.

Mild walked over to Meekly's desk, but only found a single note.

Meet me on the roof.

-M


Mild opened the door to roof and found Meekly, perched on the edge of the building. "You know, sitting there is very dangerous. You might fall."

"Nah. I know you wouldn't let little old me fall."

...

"Sure, why not?" The two laughed as Mild joined her on the edge. "I couldn't help but notice you put yourself first in the bi-line."

"Yeah. I wrote the story."

"But it's about me."

"OK, we'll make a trade. I'll take second billing and you can have your identity made public."

...

"Permission to speak freely?"

"Granted."

"You're a bitch." The two cracked up, letting their laughs echo over the city. The two soaked in the moment before Meekly opened her mouth again.

"I hear the mayor wants to give you the key to the city."

"Yeah, so have a lot of ponies, apparently." The two looked off to the part at the center of the city. There was a huge stadium set up with a full orchestra stationed next to it. In front of the stage, it looks like every single pony in Canterlot showed up.

"Let me take a wild guess; you're not going to accept it?"

"No I am. Just not personally... and not for myself."

"Come again?"

"Watch."


Down at the park, the mayor took to the podium. "Mare and gentlecolts. It is my great... honor, to bestow this city's highest honor to it's newest resident! Allow me to officially present the key to the city to Super-"

An assistant pony ran onto the stage and handed the mayor an envelope. He snatched letter and read it out loud.

Citizens of Canterlot,

It's come to my attention that you've decided to grant me the key to the city. While I'm flattered beyond words, I'm afraid I can't accept it. I did nothing that no other pony wouldn't have done if they had the powers I do. The real heroes are the ponies who were brave enough to keep their loved ones safe in a dangerous time. So instead, allow me to accept the key on behalf of the ponies outside Canterlot. Let Canterlot's doors never be closed to anypony who wants to make their life better a place. Let anypony, no matter how rich or poor, come to Canterlot and make it better for everypony.

Regards,

- S.S

The mayor searched the crowd for their opinion. He noticed that while the majority of the citizens where nodding in approval, the rich and powerful ponies that were responsible for his position in office, giving him a very subtle message of their opinions on the matter. He broke out in a sweat, struggling to reach a decision. Eventually, he leaned into the mic. "Well... who am I to say no to Super-Stallion?"

The crowd stood up and gave a thunderous applause. The guards opened all the gates to Canterlot, letting all of the ponies that had been waiting outside finally come in. Why the hay did I just do that? he wondered.

"Well, this is a little awkward... our royal orchestra had worked up a little something for him. I suppose we could play it anyway.


"Wow... that was very cheesy of you," said Meekly, giving him an approving smile.

"I grew up on a farm, I'm aloud to be cheesy." He looked at the mayor from, feeling warmth in his heart. "I knew the mayor would do the right thing."

...

"I hoped he would do the right thing."

"That sounds about right." Meekly leaned in close to the nerdy looking stallion. "I'm glad you came." The two kissed in the light reflection off the golden sun on top of the Daily Daylight.

"Me too."

"SOMEPONY! SAVE ME!" Mild turned with shock, hearing the cries of mare in the far, far distance.

"What did you hear?" asked Meekly.

"Trouble. Sounds like it's coming from Manehatten."

Meekly started shoving him. "What are you waiting for then?"

"I'm going! Can you just do me one last favor?"

"What?"

Mild took off his glasses and placed them in Meekly's hooves. "Hold onto these for me."

The pegasus started running across the rooftop, just in time for the band to play a very special piece of music. He pulled open his shirt and threw it to the floor, jumping off the edge of the building. Meekly's eyes lit up to find Super-Stallion, in all his red and blue glory, soaring off into the sky, shouting a phrase that would echo throughout history...

"Up, up and away!"


STALLION OF STEEL

Directed, Screenplay and Edited by
Final Cut

Story by
Insipid Plot

Executive Producer
Princess Celestia

Producers
Applejack
Big Macintosh

Starring

Mild Mannered/Pon-E/Super-Stallion - Soarin'
Meekly - Twilight Sparkle
Sweet Wings - Rainbow Dash
Mistress Mayhem - Rarity
Angry Chief - Himself
Call Waiting - Pinkie Pie
Kon-E - Fancy Pants
Raya-Zon-E - Princess Celestia
Honest Labor - Veteran Thespian
Mayor of Canterlot - Stunt Casting
Voice of Golden Dragon - Iron Will
Horse Power - Type Casting
Sweetie Pie - Up and Comer
Pony Pimp - Vinyl Scratch
Little Filly - Sweetie Bell
Fan Girl - Scootaloo
Mean Canterlot Mare - Fleu d Lis
Guard 1 - Ready Blade
Guard 2 - Command Chain
Guard 3 - Shinning Armor
Guard 4 - Himself

Cinematography
Perfect Shot

Original Score
Octavia Philharmonica

Casting by
Refined Taste

Lead Lighting
Handsome D. Jackass

Special Effects Supervisor
Slight of Hand

Practical Effects
Trixie

Key Grip
Scootaloo

Cameraponies
Final Cut
Sweetie Bell
Applebloom
Scootaloo

Consultant
Fluttershy

Choreography
Fluid Movement

Costume Designers
Rarity
Photo Finish
Sapphire Shores

Catering
Granny Smith
Applejack
Big Macintosh
Applebloom

Set Doctor
First Aid

Fitness Coach
Iron Will

Set Designer
Stage Setter

Special Thanks
Shinning Amour
Princess Luna
Princess Cadence
The Mares and Stallions of the Royal Guard
Cherilee


Shot on Blue


No Ponies or other animals were hurt in the making of this film (on the outside).


Super-Stallion and all related characters are propriety of PC Comics. All rights reserved.


One Year Later

"Houston, we have landed." A small space craft touched town onto the surface of the moon. Two stallions in space suits exited the craft, embracing the majesty of Equestria. Now nothing but a blue ball to them. "Let's make it official!" One of the stallions lifted up the Equestria flag and planted it firmly in the ground. "What do you say we break out the cider?"

CRACK!

From the base of the flag, as large crack appeared in the ground. As the crack grew, it led to a giant crator a few miles from the astronauts. Skipping in the low gravity environment, they followed the crack to the creator, noticing that it was significantly darker than the rest of the moon. "Houston... do you have the date?"

CRACKOOM!

The crater exploded outwards, sending moon rocks flying off into space, as well as the astronauts. A black mist crept out of the crater. Emerging from it, was a dark alicorn, dressed in black armor.

"What a beautiful night..."


Next: Interlude: The Reviews Are In!