• ...
1
 36
 1,357

Wanna make out again?

Gummy chewed his pizza while being deep in thought. None of the “pet ponies” cared about this, since staring off into space was normal for him, but he still earned some strange glances from the so called “Elements of Harmony”. He didn’t care though, he had something much more important on his mind.

If this isn’t a dream, then that means I’ve got much worse luck than I expected.

Gummy was willing to accept the idea that he was just the figment of Opal’s imagination, and that his experience with Pinkie Pie was just one of Opal’s dreams. It made sense. Or at least, it made more sense than this.

Pinkie said she had a toothless alligator named Gummy, who in Opal’s dreams, was just an animal representation of himself. He woke up on top of a small cushion covered in green scales. That meant that Gummy, the gator, had been shedding in his sleep.

In Opal’s dreams, Pinkie Pie was the hard worker at Sugar Cube Corner, not Gummy. This made more sense, since Gummy was just a toothless alligator, and therefor, incapable of such a career.

Wether Gummy was dreamed up as a gator or a pony didn’t matter, because if Pinkie Pie was there, it had to be a dream. Pinkie Pie was just a pony that didn’t exist. For Gummy, this was a good thing.

If Gummy wasn’t real, and only emulated thoughts for the sake of a dream, then he didn’t have to worry about saying goodbye to this lovely pink mare.

1. They’d both disappear once the dream ended.

2. They wouldn’t be sad about it, because they didn’t really exist. To Gummy, this made his romance with Pinkie Pie acceptable.

Now that he knew this wasn’t a dream though, it meant something big. He’d have to say goodbye. Either that, or he’d have to abandon his friends, his family, and his home just to stay close to a pony he fell head over hooves for. It depended on what was permitted really.

Could he do it? Could he really just abandon his friends just because he was in love? He’d only known this pony for a few hours. She was just some crazy pink ball of energy with cotton candy smelling hair, a slim figure despite her constant consumption of sweets..a way of making ponies smile whenever she enters a room…eyes that shined like beautiful blue gemstones in the sunlight…. a tongue that tasted so sweet and yet so spicy……..

Ok, clearly he was in love, he couldn’t deny that. In fact, it took every fiber of his being not to just run over and make out with her while she was sleeping, but that wasn’t the point.

He was facing a serious life decision now. Leave his friends, or leave this beautiful mare.

He tried taking another bite of his pizza, only to bite into his hoof instead. “Ouch! What the-” He looked at his hooves, and saw he’d already finished off the pizza he was eating. “Oh, whoops.”

Angel laughed. “Dude, I’ve seen you get distracted, but never that distracted!”

Gummy sighed. “I’ve been thinking…”

“About what?” Opal responded.

Gummy looked at his friends. This wasn’t easy to explain, but he had to get it off his chest. “Suppose… not all of us wanted to go back home.”

Everypony stopped eating, and looked at Gummy. “What?” they all said.

“Bear with me.” He said. “If one of us wanted to stay here, in this dimension, could they?”

Angel gave him annoyed glare. “Gummy, I know you have a crush on that pink nut job, but there’s a difference between being nice, and being stupid. We aren’t even supposed to be here.”

“Who says we aren’t?” Gummy retorted. “I genuinely love Pinkie Pie, so why not just live here? I could just apply for work at Sugar Cube Corner again, find a new place to stay, and stay with Pinkie until I do.”

Winona nodded her head in agreement. “That’s true, Applejack was plannin’ on hirin’ me for herdin’ at the farm!”

“Whoa whoa whoa!” Applejack interrupted. “Ah didn’t know ya were from another dimension! I don’t know if Ah could still hire you.”

Tank joined in also. “Yeah. And besides, what about friends and family?”

Owloysius spoke. “Not to mention we don’t know what that could do to the time-space-continuum.”

“I agree with Gummy.”

Everypony looked at Opal.

“I’m not sure if I want to leave either.” She said.

Angel shook his head. “Opal, you can’t be serious.”

“I am.” She said. “I never told you guys, but I envy my feline self. She lives a life of luxury while I live the stressful life of a business owner. At home, I feel like my life is missing something. I want things to be easier for me. And I’ve had the time of my life helping Rarity with her work, and taking care of her sister Sweetie Belle. So what’s stopping me from staying here with Gummy?”

“No.”

Everypony looked off to the side, where Pinkie Pie was sleeping, to see her up and upset. “That’s not gonna happen.”

She walked over to the table and grabbed a few slices of pizza. “As tempting as it may be to let you guys stay, that’s just not the way things can go. It would make no sense.”

Twilight grabbed her notebook and a pencil. “How so?”

Pinkie put her brainy specs on again, this time without them being upside down. “It’s like writing a book. The ending has to make sense. If we let them stay here, that leaves too much room for plot holes.”

She pointed to Gummy. “The description of this story states that our love is star crossed, and therefor having an ending that lets us easily be together wouldn’t make sense.”

She gestured to everypony. “Not to mention all the pet ponies have important places in their world. They’re essentially the Elements of Harmony. Even if they haven’t shown importance in their history yet, chances are they will later on. And something tells me that, much like us, they will prove to be Equestria’s most important means of defense.”

She scarfed down the two pizzas she was holding, then chugged the milk she pulled out of thin air. Rarity of course scoffed at this while pinkie continued explaining. “You can’t take someone away from their home unless it’s necessary, and that necessity isn’t always permanent.”

She took off her glasses. “Besides, what kind of moral to the story is there when the main character can just leave their life, family, and friends behind to find herself? Sure life is better here for Opal, but she could jeopardize her own Equestria if she leaves forever. You have to draw the line somewhere!” She turned around. “Now if you’ll excuse me. I’m going to get that equation we need on the chalk board. The plot won’t move itself!” She said as she pranced over to the chalkboard in question.

The rest of the ponies were left there in silence. Pinkie has never been this serious before. “I can’t believe it.” Gummy said, breaking the silence. “She doesn’t even look sad.”

Opal moved over to Gummy’s side and put her hoof on his shoulder. “I’m afraid you have to face it, this just wasn’t meant to be.”

“I know that.” He said. “But I thought she’d at least look more sad about it.”

“To be fair.” Owloysius started. “Pinkie Pie’s established she has rules to follow. We’re lucky she chose to explain any of this to us. She probably didn’t know you’d feel this attached to her.”

Opal joined in. “Very true. She might have seen this as nothing serious to begin with.”

“Then why did she have to kiss me?”

Nopony responded.

Gummy looked Opal in the eye. “If she knew from the beginning I couldn’t have her forever, then why did she have to make me feel this way? She didn’t have to show me those feelings, but she did anyway. Why did she do this to me?”

“Because.” Tank said, getting everypony’s attention. “She knew you couldn’t have her forever. The fact that you can’t stay together only makes your love more special.” He lowered his gaze. “I know that if I could only spend one day with the best mare in the world, I wouldn’t be complaining. Instead, I’d spend as much time with her as I could.”

He looked at Gummy with a serious gaze. “Not many ponies get to experience this feeling, and sometimes it only happens once in their lives. If you think about it, this is your chance to see what you’ve really been missing in life, and what you should be looking for when you get back.” He pointed over to the pink mare scribbling numbers on the chalk board. “So go and spend as much time with her as possible. You might never get the chance again.”

Gummy looked over to Pinkie Pie, then to his friends. They urged him to go over to her. He looked at Tank, who nodded. Gummy smiled. “Thanks Tank.” He walked over to Pinkie Pie to see what he could do to help.

Angel looked at Tank. “Wow. Since when did you become Dr. Love?”

Tank blushed, averting his gaze from Rainbow Dash. “Let’s just say, I know what it feels like to be in love.”

Pinkie continued to put a bunch of random numbers on the chalk board. She obviously had no idea how to get the mathematic aspect of this mission done, as previously established by herself, but she needed to let Gummy speak to his friends alone. Or at least that’s what the author wanted to happen, and what he she or it says goes.

The author responded to Pinkie’s quote on him being a he she or it by pretending to punch her and have her head spin around in a cartoonish manner. All of this happened outside of the story, but the audience always enjoys interaction between Pinkie and the author, so he typed this down anyway.

Gummy walked over to Pinkie, hoping to say something like “Need any help?”. It’s a shame he didn’t get to say this because Pinkie grabbed him, and threw him at the chalk board, flipping the side she was drawing random numbers on to the other side, and blocking Gummy from view. She proceeded to walk around the chalk board to speak with Gummy, after writing “No interruptions please.” on the side facing her friends. This of course left everypony, except Winona who was too ignorant to even think of such a thing, that Pinkie and Gummy were making out with each other again.

Gummy got up, shaking his head. “Pinkie Pie, why did you-” Pinkie then proceeded to make out with Gummy.

In hindsight, this outcome was obvious.

Gummy heavily enjoyed her kiss, closing his eyes as their tongues danced in each others mouths. Gummy was once again treated with Pinkie Pie’s flavor of sugar and spice, as Pinkie was treated with his taste of bubble gum. Pinkie ended the kiss and said. “Let’s run away together.”

Gummy was awe struck. Could she really be speaking truthfully? Were his recent fantasies coming to life? Was this his chance to start his new life of luxury?

“Before you even ask, no that’s not what I mean.” She dropped him down to the ground with a thud. “I mean I know you are like, the cutest guy I’ve ever met in my life, but the facts still stand. We can’t be together forever.” She leaned over him and whispered into his ear. “But that doesn’t mean we have to make the story go forward just yet.” She said.

Gummy’s eyes widened more. “Pinkie, you couldn’t possibly mean you want to-“

“Delay the story with pointless filler of us dating while the others try and fail to find a solution, only to have us come back from the date of the century to save the day with knowledge we could’ve given them from the beginning? That’s exactly what I want to do!” She looked past the authors colorful computer screen. “And the author too. He loves shipping, and would hate himself if he didn’t have us at least get one date together.”

Gummy smiled. This was exactly what he wanted, a chance to enjoy the time he had with the mare or his dreams. He nodded his head in excitement.

Twilight prepared her notes once again. She and the others had just finished eating, and were ready to begin the journey between dimensions. This was Twilight’s chance to learn the ways of the multiverse even further straight from the source of its complexity.

Suddenly Pinkie ran past her with Gummy in tow saying a quick. “Hi Twilight! By Twilight!” Leaving a piece of paper to slowly float down onto Twilight’s unsuspecting face.

Picking up the note with her magic, she read it aloud. “B.R.B. Goin’ on a date with Gummy. Do some trial and error with Owloysius’ equation and see what happens while we’re gone.”

“P.S. The numbers I wrote on the board are meaningless and meant to make me look smart, just ignore them.”

Heavily freaking out that a very important matter is being ignored for the sake of a date, Twilight ran over to the entrance and shouted “Wait! Pinkie Pie, come back here!! PINKIE PIE!!” She turned over to Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow Dash! Go after her!”

Rainbow Dash got up into the air and saluted. “Got it!” She said, chasing after Pinkie and her new colt friend.

“Oh no you don’t!” Angel said, getting ready to go after her. “I’m at least 20% faster than you!” He said, flying after her.

“Oh boy.” Opal said. “This is going to turn into a race.”

Winona clapped her hooves together. “Yay racing!”

Author's Note:

Like several parts of the story, this one was planned out by me long before I put fingers to keys. So now you have a new chapter to read. Yay reading!