• Published 22nd Jan 2017
  • 2,578 Views, 115 Comments

Time Problems with the Sun - KingJoltik



Celestia was having a bad week. Discord had came back from his stone prison and now her student almost went crazy. All she wants is some peace. Too bad an interdimensional time magister decided to visit as well.

  • ...
7
 115
 2,578

Meeting the Sparkle

"**-OW! **-OW! **-OW! Stupid piece of **-OW!, blasted **-OW! swear curse that is **-OW! my life up! AAAAUUUUUGGHHHHHH!" Chrono yelled as he hit the mirror, making a giant crack as the end of his hoof began to bleed from the shattered glass. "Huff...huff...huff...hate this. This is so stupid that it has to be that **-OW! stupid space freak...curse you Nebula. Curse you..." he panted before hearing his closet's door slam open.

"What the ****?!" Flurry yelled as she hit the bathroom door. "What the **** are you yelling about?!"

"Look at me!" Chrono screamed, pointing at himself. Flurry blinked for a second before rubbing her eyes, trying to focus due to her just waking up.

"Hang on you *****. Just what is..." Flurry's eyes grew the size of dinner plates as she finally saw the new 'paint job' that was Chrono's coat and mane. "Pffft! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" she laughed as she fell over, rolling in the floor with a fit of giggles. "You look like some ******* evil changeling reject!"

"What are you-that's some pony joke, isn't it?!"

"No." Flurry shook her head as she wiped away a tear of laughter. "Just uh...something from my time."

"You mean the future. Which is something I shouldn't hear or know about Flurry."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Flurry waved her hoof before letting out a yawn. "Just wash that stupid **** off so we can get ready to go to Ponyville."

"This can be washed?" Chrono asked as he looked back the mirror. Flurry didn't respond as she hopped back into the closet. This was actually good, because the moment she closed the closet door, Chrono's bedroom door flung open.

"Son?! Are you alright?! I heard you yelling!" exclaimed Celestia as she barged in.

"I'm fine mother." Chrono grunted as he turned on the sink. "Just ticked off due to a...certain cousin of mine."

"What are you-pfft!" Celestia stuffed her mouth with her hooves, trying to not laugh at her son's new look. "What in the world happened to you?"

"Did you not hear me? I said it was my cousin." he hissed, gritting his teeth at the end of the statement. "Either way, I need help washing this off, will you help me mother?"

"I uh...sure." Celestia nodded as she walked up to him and shined her horn, a magical aura soon appeared and grabbed several towels. "Go ahead and wash yourself in the tub and I'll help you dry. Don't worry about dirtying these towels, I can get the servants to buy new ones."

"Got it." Chrono did as he was told. As the two began washing off all the paint Nebula had splattered all over him, Chrono slowly looked up to Celestia. "Hey um...mother?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks." Chrono said, looking down with a slight blush.

"No problem. Though if I may, what brought this on?"

"Oh uh...its just I...I wanted to say I'm sorry for the past few days and I'm grateful you're so....so..."

"Understanding?" Celestia interrupted with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah." Chrono bit his lip as he said that. "I just...I really **-OW! er...messed up with bringing Flu-er, Love Wing here and time switching my mind and all that nonsense and you...and you just accept it and move on."

"Well..." Celestia giggled as she began brushing Chrono's washed up mane. "I wouldn't say I'm that tolerable. I did put that anti-swearing curse on you."

"Much to my sorrow." Chrono grated.

"Yes, but I'm also glad you're here Chrono. After all, even though when you do your...'time magister' stuff, you usually cause problems, you're well behaved otherwise. That entire week we spent together between getting you to change back to your present self and Nightmare Night was a blast. Not only that, when we did it, you never complained or tried to be rebellious. In fact, the only time you seem to be violent or rebellious is with the time stuff, which I find a little odd since you don't even have your cutie mark yet."

"You think I won't have a time related one?" Chrono asked, remembering an earlier conversation he had with her over his magic training.

"Yes, I still think you will, but..." Celestia replied as she switched brushes, "I think it'll happen when you truly accomplish a time magister task. Wouldn't you agree?"

"I...huh." Chrono stopped himself, thinking, That's a good point. Up till now, I've just been trying to manipulate the timeline so I can finish this job. Otherwise, I haven't been able to fix anything time wise. "Okay mother, you definitely have a point there."

"Heh heh, thank you. I had a feeling I would." Celestia giggled. "So, anything else on your mind?"

"Not really...except one thing."

"What's that?"

"I...I'm sorry I'm leaving you for a while." Chrono said in a hesitant tone. "I know you don't want me to and-"

"Its fine son." Celestia interrupted him. "I know you need this information and my protégé can probably help you. Don't tell her I said this, but she's much better at magic than I am."

"Huh...okay." Chrono replied as he wiped himself with the sixth towel. With it, he was dry, and all of the paint was gone. Seeing this, he turned and hugged Celestia. "Thank you."

"No problem my son." Celestia returned the hug. "Remember, you always have a place here with me." She then released the hug and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Now, I went ahead and sent a letter to Twilight saying you were coming with a guest. Remember, you're there to get help, then come back, okay?"

"I know. Thanks." Chrono nodded before Celestia got up and left the room. As she left, she told him that she was going to arrange a sky cab for him, which he thanked her again. After that, he tapped his closet's door. "Hey uh...Love Wing?"

"Yeah yeah, I know." Flurry responded as she opened the door. "I'll get washed up and then we'll go."

"Thanks." Chrono replied as he then walked over to another part of the room and started stuffing a saddlebag. As he did this, Flurry entered the bathroom to clean herself up. A few minutes later, the two left the room and proceeded to leave Canterlot.


One sky cab trip later...

"Later pegasi!" Flurry said as she waved the sky cab drivers off. Thankfully, they were able to get Flurry on the cab with little to no problem. They used the excuse that she was some 'unicorn' chosen by Chrono as his escort. That, and her illusion spell disguise fooled everypony, which made Chrono breathe a sigh of relief. "Happy trails!"

"You're being nice to them?" Chrono asked, surprised at Flurry sudden kindness.

"I'm kind to all soldiers, you *******. I owe a lot of my life to soldiers...in the ******* future that is."

"I see." Chrono replied, not sure what else to say. Instead, he began looking around at the town before him. His eyes shifted around as he glanced at the small little village, staring at the basic one and two story buildings. He had to admit, it was a definite shift from Canterlot, which was filled with manors and a giant castle. "Well...this is different. So this is Ponyville."

"Yeah. We better not stand around too long." Flurry said as she walked up to Chrono. "Trust me when I say this, this place is a total center of all things crazy in terms of disasters. We better find aunt Twilight as soon as possible."

"Oh, okay." Chrono scratched the back of his head before taking out a small map Celestia had given him. "This place is ground zero for disasters, huh? Alright...I'll take your word for it. Let's see here...says Twilight Sparkle lives in a house shaped like a tree in the middle of town."

"Oh yeah, that's right." Flurry crossed her hooves, nodding. "I was wondering why I didn't my aunt's castle. This must be before-mmph!"

That was the sound of Chrono's hoof stuffing itself in Flurry's mouth. "No telling me what the future is!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever you ****." Flurry spat out his hoof. "Just give me the map, I'm more familiar with this place than you are."

"But you told me you live at some crystal place in your time."

"My favorite aunt lives here. I know the town."

"Right...okay." Chrono handed her the map, which she quickly scanned over.

"Got it. I know where we are, follow me."

One small trip later...

"So...she lives in this giant tree?"

"That's what you said earlier you *******. Why are you ******* repeating yourself?!"

"Yeah yeah..." Chorno grumbled as he went up to tap house's door. As he was about to, a certain alarm went off in his head. He glanced at his right hoof as he lightly knocked the door, noticing a certain line appear in his hoof. That's my skin-tech! Why is it sending me an alarm? As he thought this, he didn't notice he was still knocking the door.

"Hey ********, why are you still knocking the door. You've done it like forty ******* times now." Flurry muttered as she grabbed his hoof. "Stop it you ****."

"Sorry, I just-"

"Hello?!" exclaimed a voice as the door suddenly opened. There, a purple unicorn appeared with a big grin on her face, causing Flurry to almost start backpedalling from the sight. "Oh, hello there! Welcome to the Golden Oaks Library!"

"Whoa! Aunt Twilight is...really really young." Flurry whispered to herself before trying to switch back to Love Wing. "Erm-uh, hi there! We're looking for Twilight Sparkle, are you her?" This is so weird.

"Indeed I am. Looking at the two of you, are you Prince Chrono Stream and Love Wing?"

"That's right." Flurry nodded before looking at Chrono. "I'm Love Wing and he's uh...uh...yo prince, you awake?"

Chrono just stood there, staring at his hoof. He kept blinking at it before slowly looking up at Twilight. There, he slightly bit his lip before saying, "Right, sorry about that. I'm Prince Chrono Stream, though just call me Chrono."

"Alright. If you want that, that's fine with me. Just call me Twilight in return." Twilight replied with a cheery smile. She then gestured to inside her house. "Well, there's no need to stay outside. Come on in!"

"Gladly." Flurry replied as her and Chrono walked inside. As they did, Flurry leaned over and whispered. "You okay, you time ****?"

"I'm okay. Just uh...fazed a bit." Chrono replied as he walked in and sat down on a chair. As he watched Twilight ask them if they wanted some refreshments before going into the kitchen. As she did, he looked back at his hoof, blinking again. No way. So this 'Twilight Sparkle' is the reason I'm here. he thought as he looked back up, narrowing his eyes at the unicorn. You're the one that will use the scroll time device and cause the closed loop. Tch, after all this time...I finally found you.

Author's Note:

Yes, this is the prank Nebula did to Chrono in Nocturnal Mayhem. Chrono doesn't take it very well. Welp, Chrono finally knows the pony he's been looking for, wonder what will happen next?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Comments ( 28 )

Huh... I wonder if Flurry gets along with Nebula in the future, she's obviously been influenced quite a bit by Chrono already.

8150531 I would answer that, but it would probably cause a time paradox.:raritywink:

Lets hope now that Chrono has found his target he doesn't try and fix things without a whole picture. He already know if he accepts Flurry isn't lying he will be stuck on Equestria for decades

8150543
Probably not

8150836 I really wanna say, 'where's the fun in that?' but I'm not going to.:trollestia:

8151045 I know. But the characters don't know that.:raritywink:

8151104 well I can see Chrono at least isn't Omnipotent

8151172 Oh no, he's far from that. As it was stated in earlier chapters, he's a low on the totem pole soldier. He has to go through loops just to use his skin-tech unless it's for information gathering, which is its most basic function. Even having the skin-tech give him a disguise is something he has to ask for authorization to do so.

8151200 which means means he can cause a bigger mess than he'd need to fix otherwise

8151206 Of course! After all, what's the fun in having a character where everything goes well for them?

8151211 I feel sorry for Chrono and Twilight and the person that really deserves the blame gets off scott-free for the moment. I can't imagine Flurry or Celestia will be happy with him taking action against Twilight for something that hasn't happened regardless of what his tech says

8151247 Eh, I suggest you wait and see what happens. I won't go any further than that.

8151105
Nonono, I mean it probably wouldn't cause a time paradox.

8162394 I was just kidding.

8365842
Heh, I believe either his skill is passed down the generation or Celestia has a way of keeping him alive :rainbowwild:

8365846
Just because I can, I won't confirm or deny it.:trollestia:

I'm sorry, not sorry.

8367050
I know, but if you notice, you are putting the narrator 'next to' Chrono's head, describing from his point of view in other places in the story :raritywink:

8369168
Eh, that's true. Thanks for pointing it out.

Well, it was a definitely interesting read so far, I'm looking forward to the next chapters :ajsmug: And I'll definitely find time to read the partner story as well!

Also, on a side note, if you ever need an editor/pre-reader for some of your new stories, feel free to contact me. Because so far,
some slight grammar faltering is the biggest problem of this story I have found.

8369448
Glad you like it, and thanks. Also, thanks to my life being super hard right now, writer's block has reared its ugly head for all my stories. So...yeah, sorry.

8369629
You're welcome. And no problem, take your time.

8606822
I have about half of the next chapter done...its actually been hard to bring Twilight into the story.

More AWESOME chapters please!!!

oh, Twilight using the scroll is not so bad...
i've read a few stories where a "closed loop paradox" meant someone was doomed to REPEAT the same events over and over forever...

Good story, would like to know if or when it gets finished though.

Login or register to comment