• Published 22nd Jan 2017
  • 2,580 Views, 115 Comments

Time Problems with the Sun - KingJoltik



Celestia was having a bad week. Discord had came back from his stone prison and now her student almost went crazy. All she wants is some peace. Too bad an interdimensional time magister decided to visit as well.

  • ...
7
 115
 2,580

Losing Time

SLAM!

That was the sound of Chrono closing the door of his room. As he hopped onto his bed, the alicorn colt tapped his hoof as a small screen appeared. He stared deeply into the screen as he tapped it several times before showing a certain number. Taking a long deep breath, he closed his eyes as he grumbled to himself, telling himself that he seriously hoped things wouldn't turn out the way he was fearing. However, as he tapped the screen one more time, he knew his fate would then be decided.

"Transmitting code for 173852. This is over timeline 47.383. I would like to report a...oh this is too ******* much. I would like to report a 1-alpha-delta-35."

Chrono sat there for a second, waiting for a response. His eyes kept twitching as he stared at the screen, his teeth gritting. Come on...come on!

"This isn't going to go well, is it?"

"I must agree with you there Chaos. Reporting a Dimensional Lord is never good."

Quiet you two. I need full concentration here. After all, I need to-

"Transmission received 173852. Dimensional Lord eh?"

Chrono let out a small sigh of relief. "Indeed. Good to hear another Time Magister's voice. Especially yours."

"I suspect so captain. According to our readings, you've been stuck on that timeline for a week. Though, I'm guessing it was due to the malfunction we had here with our equipment."

"It was." Chrono groaned as he laid his head on a pillow. "Say, was the cake we ordered any good?"

"Eh, it was fine."

"Can't win them all." Chrono clicked his teeth and then spoke up again, "Anyways, on to business. I got a Dimensional Lord on my tail. Stinking space monger showed up today and..."

"You had to report it. Understood captain." Several noises similar to typing followed. "Let's see...you're on timeline 47.383, so I'll need to check and see if there has been any spatial anomalies. Hold please captain."

"Understood. Holding." Chrono replied as he pulled up another screen. He rubbed his chin as he tapped another screen, trying to see the data he had already created. Nothing on the timeline has changed despite that space freak being here. Let's see...

"Captain?"

"Go ahead."

"We've identified the space **** on the timeline you're on. Looks like this one has quite the track record."

Chrono groaned, "Oh boy. How ******* bad is it?"

"Looks like we a ******* genocider class space manipulating ****. Apparently took out the Venanites."

"Oh great. Just the problem I need, a ******* monster destroyer." Chrono facehoofed as heard that news. He then glared at the screen as he shook his hoof. "What do the superiors say?"

"I sent them the report and...I'm still waiting captain."

"Understood. So...anything else new?"

"Well captain, I did get a special deal on orange sherbet cake with a special chocolate frosting on top. Got twenty percent off. I also got a special deal with the guy two capsules down, we got a new betting pool on how far the bosses can go before doing another declaration of war against the **** space ******."

"Oh really? How much is in the pot?"

"Pretty big. Got 352 in the main pot right now."

"How many magisters are participating?" Chrono asked as he tapped his second screen, pulling up his bank account.

"I'm in the two week pot, which has 37 members. 45 for one week."

"Any for three weeks?"

"Um...should be about 15 captain. Want in?"

"Hmm...put me in for three weeks. I'm always down for guessing how long it takes to get angry at those space *****."

"Alright. How much you putting in captain?"

"Eh, I'll send it to you shortly."

"Alright. Now, how has the mission-wait! Got a report from the superiors!"

Chrono perked up hearing that. "What's up? New orders?"

"Yeah, let's see here...oh."

"I don't like the sound of that." Chrono remarked as he heard the drop in his voice. "What does it say?"

"It uh...I better just transmit it to you."

"Okay." Chrono grumbled, expecting the worse. A few beeps later, the report appeared on his screen. His eyes soon scanned it over as he read aloud. "Let's see here...due to your report and confirmation that 173852, that's me, has now encountered a genocider class Dimensional Lord in timeline 47.383, a new order is needed. This is the new order, 173852 must continue his mission to retrieve the time device and now must also..." Chrono's eyes went wide as he slowly read the next words. "watch over the timeline until...the...Dimensional Lord...leaves?!"

What followed made Chrono's comrade mute the transmission so the mic and recording equipment didn't malfunction due to the screams Chrono yelled at that moment.

"WHAT THE ****?! ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ******* ME?! ALL BECAUSE OF THAT ****** SPACE **** WHO JUST ******* SHOWED UP AND ******* DECIDED TO ******* INTERFERE WITH MY ******* MISSION THAT I HAVE ******* STAY HERE EVEN ******* LONGER?! AUGH! SON OF A ******* SPACE *****! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! ****! ****! ****! ****! ******* ****! AUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Huff...huff....****!"

Seeing that there was no more noise interference, the other time magister turned the audio back on. "Um, are you okay captain?"

"I'm fine. Just uh...can I come back to at least get my skin-tech repowered? Its almost completely drained."

"Sure. No problem."

"Good. That's good." Chrono fell back onto his bed as he tapped a few screens, trying to activate a teleport beacon to go back to base. As he did this, his mind only said one more thing.

I hate this. All I wanted to do was complete my mission, get some extra cake and candy, and go home. Now, I'm stuck here to play babysitter for a space ****! AUGH! Curse you Nebula, you ******* space ****!

Author's Note:

Chrono has anger issues. Also, he's now stuck in Equestria for another reason, poor guy.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!