• Published 5th Jan 2017
  • 562 Views, 3 Comments

A Sweetie Tail - Pegra

  • ...
3
 3
 562

prologue

"I now pronounce you Mare and Mare." said Shining Armor, standing atop a wooden alter constructed in the center of Ponyville. A great number of ponies had gathered to witness the marriage between Princess Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna.

Sweetie Belle siting near her older sister Rarity stomped her hoofs along with the others as Twilight and Luna kissed and Rainbow Dash created a triple sonic rain-boom completing the ceremony, after they had kissed the crowd stood up and lined up by row to congratulate the newly wed couple.

The first row was reserved for family Twilight's mainly which included Rarity, herself and the other Mane six members being a family to Twilight and to one another, Princess Cadance and Flurry Heart joined next to Shining armor near the head of the line directly behind Twilight's parents Twilight Velvet and Night Light who were in turn right behind Princess Celestia.

After the Princess had congratulated them she had directly headed for her chariot and headed back to Canterlot, Sweetie Belle had noted the sour look upon her face as she had left, and the look on Luna's face as she watched form the corner of her eye with a concealed look of sadness that only showed through her eyes.

As the line moved on with Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, and Fluttershy being ahead of them along with Apple Jack and Apple Bloom directly in front of herself and Rarity, as Rainbow and Twilight hugged she noted that from somewhere Spike had emerged to stand as always faithfully by Twilight's side.

Like she, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo, Spike had also grown in the last few years since Twilight first came to Ponyville he was a baby dragon then, now he was a mature dragon slightly taller then Twilight.

In the last few years Spike and them had become closer as the Cutie Mark Crusader's had been studying magic, potion mixing and cultural history under Twilight to help them better in their on going mission in life of helping others discover themselves Spike was always around giving them material to read or fetching them refreshments at Twilight's request, sometimes Starlight was present but she would usually go out and help with Twilight and the other Mane six.

Now it came to be Rarity and hers turn to congratulate the couple, "Congratulations dears." said Rarity as she hugged them both.

"Yeah congratulations on your marriage Twilight, its about time you two tied the knot!" said Sweetie Belle enthusiastically "With all those late nights staying up and mornings sleeping in I was begging to wonder if you would ever get married."

"O-oh well Sweetie Belle you can't just rush love like friendship its a give and take for both sides." Twilight said slightly riled up at her remark.

"Serious Twilight I was worried as well it took you two long enough it was getting a bit annoying to keep you from going crazy and casting an attraction spell like you did on every pony in Ponyville." Spike said

"Spike we don't talk of such things anymore that was in the past." Twilight said trying to regain composer, "Besides, I learned my lesson form that and apologized to every pony else."

Princess Luna draped one of her wings over Twilight then said "I as well was worried I had begun to believe my courting ritual wasn't the proper one after only reading about in a book."

Having been locked away in the moon for a thousand years would do that to you so much had changed since then, remarked Sweetie Belle to herself as Twilight and Luna shared a light laugh.

Smiling she looked at the group before her seeing the happiness on their faces but as she looked upon Spike she noticed his eyes as always were fixed on her sister Rarity his long running one sided love has been full of ups and downs.

At one point she and the other Crusaders had tried in vain to help him and Rarity further a romantic relationship she had truly wanted her dragon friend to have his love returned but he has been so unlucky in love, be it her sister Rarity or the Dragon Lord Amber.

For awhile there it seamed as if he had gotten over it but recently he's seamed to have relapsed and now looks as if hes going to try yet again to gain Rarity's attention and she hope's for his sake that it will actually succeed this time.

*********

As the night played on several memorable events stuck out from her slightly buzzed memory Discord trying and failing to do yet another stand up comedic routine only to be helped out by Pinkie Pie and Trixe. Thorax and his few fellow Changelings played a mass game of who's the real Pony, a duet with Vynail and Octavia played for the final dance before Twilight and Luna left for their honey moon.

Once Twilight and Luna left for their honey moon to the Crystal Empire by train she saw Spike slip away form the crowd over to Rarity who was saying farewell to Rainbow and Fluttershy, Spike waited till the two were out of earshot then he approached Rarity.
Rarity smiled friendly to him and he begun to talk a bit fast his claws flexing and un flexing, his tail moving side to side along the ground and his eyes all the while were nothing but determined to get out everything that he had wanted to say, once he was done he finally looked at Rarity and instantly he along with Sweetie Belle knew what her answer would be.

She smiled a small gentle smile at him shook her head and said something then tapped him on the shoulder once and walked off towards Sweetie Belle, after making herself more visible and acting as if she was looking around for Rarity as well, after meeting back up with her they begun to walk towards Rarity's home and boutique.

Sweetie Belle couldn't help looking back at Spike and seeing him heading off towards Twilight castle his tail dragging heavily on the ground and slouched over in defeat in complete despair.

She couldn't help but feel pity and sadness for her dragon friend but what surprised her most was deep down she felt relived that he was turned down. And for the life of her she couldn't figure out why, she vowed to come and check up on him in a few days, after he's had time to process everything, visiting him at the castle.