• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 1,741 Views, 33 Comments

Elements of Protection: Respect; Emotionless freak - Outlaw



An experiment gone wrong wanders around in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 33
 1,741

Bet ya never sew this coming...

Bet ya never sew this coming...


Things had been random for the citizens of Ponyville.
An assassin had slayed a manticore and saved them, then he almost killed the weather-manager of Ponyville and now Princess Celestia had let him go.
But the town had nothing more on their mind than the party-pony herself, Pinkie Pie.
Even though that she had gone through some moments of craziness, this took the price.
She had met this stallion and fallen in love with him, then he had almost killed one of her best friends to finally see that he now was her body-guard.
She could easily say that she had never gone through a time like this.
She returned to the world as she waited down at the trainstation, as soon as Bloodbeast had recovered from his concussion, he had taken the first best train to Canterlot.
He said that he had to prepare for"the others".
Pinkie didn't know what he ment but as long as he was her body-guard then she didn't complain.
That ment that he would have to spend more time with her and that would mean that she had more time to spend with him.
Win, win situation as she called it.

Then the train stopped and the passengers began to walk out, especially one certain pegasus.
Pinkie ran up to the pegasus, who was reading through a book, and surprised him with a hug.
Bloodbeast reacted with eyes that said: "WTF?".
It wasn't easy to know her, but being her crush was a matter of life and having a social life.
"You never warn anypony?" He asked.

"I like surprises." She responded with a smile on her face.

"You do realize that you just made an opening for a "That's what she said" joke?"
The smile turned into a raised eyebrow, a new look on Pinkie Pies face.
"I'm in trouble, aren't I?"
She eyed him up with an unamused expression, before retorting back to her regular cheerful self.
"...No, I've missed you too much for it."
They began to walk as they talked.
"So how was Canterlot?"
"Everypony stared at me with disgust in their eyes, nothing new." Bloodbeast shrugged, it didn't bother him before and he had no plans to let it bother him now.
"Oh, well...you never acctualy told me why you needed to go to Canterlot." Pinkie tried to change the subject, keeping a happy reunion possible.
"Well, as the book said:
I'm only the element of respect, there's five more ponies out there who's probably going to show up.
So I walked into the Canterlot archives and took the other journals for the five others, so that they will get a flash of their past." Bloodbeast explained to her, keeping it simple for his stalker.
Pinkie Pie was confused, yes he had confused her, was there more?
She didn't know because she fainted as soon as she heard about Bloodbeasts new job.
"Since you decided to meet me at the station then I suppose that you had a plan." He said with a raised eyebrow, ready for whatever she had planned.
Pinkie snapped back into reality and remembered reason nr.2 that she met him at the station.
"Well, I could see that you didn't her a fresh start with my friends so I decided that we should make a rewind.
I made a quick schedule for you:
First we're off to Rarity, then we'll see Rainbow Dash and help her practice, after that I marked Twilight and then we're of to see Fluttershy.
And to finish it off, we're gonna help AJ at the farm." She explained to Bloodbeast, who was surprised that she was not inviting him for any wierd stuff.
"Nothing more?" He asked to make sure.
"Nothing more." She replied with a smile on her lips.
Bloodbeast didn't belive her, there was something more to it.
She was looking to know him a bit more, trying to find something to make him accept her as a mare-friend.
Unfortunately, he knew that he could never feel the same way.
She was a kind pony, he was a terrible pony.
She cared for him, he only wanted to protect her because it was his destiny.
The kiss had ment something to her, it didn't mean anything for him.
He would have to tell her, sooner or later, that he would be a terrible colt-friend and that he didn't want her to get hurt.
Things was on his mind, that he didn't notice when Pinkie Pie had stopped...and he walked right into a door.

After a while of ensuring Pinkie Pie that he was okay, he saw that he was standing infront of a boutique that was as colourful and round as a carousel.
"That's a different shape of a house..." Bloodbeast pointed it out.
"Yep, were at Rarity's place." Pinkie Pie responded as she went up and knocked on the door.
The mare that opened the door was nopony else but Rarity, the stylist of Ponyville and a coltmagnet.
"Oh hello Pinkie Pie, what brings you here?" She said in the tone of fashion.
"Hey Rarity, guess who's back?"
Rarity turned her face a bit to the right and noticed the Silvercoated colt.
"Oh Bloodbeast, you're back." She said with a smile.

"Good to see you too Rarity." He responded with a hand raised up.

"Now, I would normally take you in for a little chat but I'm quite busy.
There's an order that's supposed to go to Canterlot and I've got to pack up some new fabrics." She apologized to them as she turned around and started packing her things.
This wasn't in Pinkie Pies plan, if he didn't get a chance to talk with her friends then he couldn't get to know them and then she would be the only one to trust him and then...
"Do you need any help?" Bloodbeast asked.
"That would be great, thanks." Rarity responded gratefully as she invited them in to her house.
The plan was still in move...


It was easier said than done, the boxes full of fabrics never seemed to end.
Bloodbeast was happy that his fight with his brother had made him prepared for the worst but he'd never expected this...
To help a mare with moving stuff...
"Is *grunt* this the last box, Rarity?" he asked as he carried a box full of diamonds.
"Yes, I have to say that even though you're quite a douchebag, you're still kind enough to help a lady.
No offence about the douchebag part." She responded as she walked beside him.
"Nah, that's what everypony calls me nowadays. It's almost like a nickname."
Rarity let out a small giggle to this, no matter how much you would try to insult him, he just shoved it off and shrugged.
"You just don't care what ponies calls you, you just don't care about anything."
This was a different case, Bloodbeast hung his head and it looked like he was depressed, if it wasn't for his emotionless eyes then Rarity could swear that he was sad.
"It's not all true...I care about Pinkie Pie."
Now this caught Rarity's attention, some gossip about love.
"Pardon?"
"It's not an emotional thing, it's more like that I care for her...in a way I can't describe.
I know that she's in love with me but I would just hurt her..."
"How come?" She asked, now that this was about her friend, it had turned personal for her.

"She has strong feelings for me and I can't give these feelings back.
All I wanna do is to protect her, even from myself...
She deserves a better pony than me." He replied, head looking at the direction of the pink mare.
The room's silence was broken with a 'daaawww' from Rarity.
The way that he wanted to protect her from everything, it was very adorable for her.
But now wasn't the time to milk up some more answers.
She had work to do, she would have time to talk with him later.

"Anyway, thanks for the help." She said, and put a hand on his shoulder. " You really are a nice pony, if you put your mind too it."
"Hey, we might gone off with a bad start but there's nothing to say that I can't be nice to you." He replied as he put down the box.
"Indeed, can you do me one more favour?" She asked him, causing Bloodbeast to raise a hand, ready to decline.
"Not more boxes! My arms are finished!"

"Hehehe, don't worry. I was just asking if you could say to Sweetie Bell and her friends that I'll need the sewing-machine in a couple of minutes." She chuckled as she watched him. "You could almost say that he had emotions sometimes." She thought to herself.
"Oh...I can do that." Bloodbeast said and started to walk up the stairs.
He could hear some fillies, laughing and humming, at the end of the corridor.
As he walked, he couldn't help to notice that it was kinda wrong.
He was a death-machine, walking towards a room of happy fillies.
It made him look like a rapist or a psychopat.
"Calm down, you're just helping out, it's not like they'll start to ask questions and make me do dangerous stuff."
If he only knew how wrong he was...



(10 minutes later)
Bloodbeast exited the room and hurried down to the entrance.
His eyes darted around in the room, his body-language showed that he was stressed.
Then he found who he was searching for, Pinkie Pie.
He hurried up to the pink mare, who was having a chat with Rarity.
"Hey Pinkie, we need to leave now!"

"Oh hey, Bloodbeast." Rarity said as she took a sip from her tea. "We were just talking about the upcoming guardians and..."

"That's great, but we need to leave now." Bloodbeast looked behind him as if he looked for a stalker that had followed him.

"How come?" Rarity asked curiosly.

"I've got no time to explain, we need to leave." They could almost hear a sense of panic in his voice.

"Why do you want to leave so badly?" Rarity asked, before she heard a noise from the stairs.

"I wonder where he is?" Rarity heard her sister and her friends chatter about him.

Bloodbeast pointed towards the stairs and said:
"That's why, they wanted me to tell them how I got my cutiemark."

"Why's that such a problem? Sweetie Bell and her friends might be a bit pushy but that's because they want to earn their own cutie-marks." Rarity responded with a chuckle but Bloodbeast was not amused as he moved in closer and whispered in her ear.
"I got it after my first victim, do you know what would happen if I told them?"

Rarity gasped as she thought of the worst possible thing:
"Cutiemark-murderes... Get going, I hold them off to make sure that they don't follow you."
Bloodbeast took her advice, grabbed Pinkie Pies hand and rushed out.
Just before three innocent looking fillies walked down the stairs, they looked around as if they were searching for somepony.
"Hey sis, did you see a silvercoated pegasus walk by here?" A filly with the same colour of her coat as Rarity, light purple and pink mane, asked Rarity.
"Yes, he had to go, he was very busy to deliver some boxes to another store in...uh...Mexicolt." Rarity lied as she put up a fake smile.
The three fillies had their head hung down in disappointment as they walked back up the stairs.
Rarity let out a sigh in relife to this as she thought:
"That was to close."