• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 1,696 Views, 12 Comments

The Lone Plum Blossom - Leoheartxx2



Far away from home, a pony tries to find a place to settle down...until fate lead Him to ponyville..

  • ...
7
 12
 1,696

Chapter 3- A place to belong

It was already nearly noon when Jino woke up from his sleep. Rubbing his eye, he try to clear his vision. " I guess I overslept. Silly me, better get my lazy ass up." He took a deep breath then decends from the bed. As he gets ready for the day, Applejack walks into the room and greets Jino.

" Howd'y Jino. I see ya'de dead sleeper type...hehehe....i rec'kon ya hungry now so common join me fo'r sum grub."

" Sure thing....I guess....." Jino grin as he feels his empty stomach rumble to no end. Moments later Jino finds himself infront of a large array of food. Apple pie, apple tart. apple brickets, apple toast......ENDLESS!. Jino's mouth starts to droll, thinking to himself, God!! Have I found Heaven? The aroma was simply intoxicating, and with every sniff , his stomach rumble, demanding that it be given food at once! It was too good to hold back. As Jino bites down, he could't help but feeling something wrong. As his eyes wonder at every angle, Applejack ask him whats wrong. Uncertain Jino held close to the blade he carries along all the time.


" WATCH OUT!!!!" a voice screem as a bright blue colour pegasus came crashing in from the main door. It knock the table, flipping all the food that was on it, sending it flying towards Jino. As Applejack and Applebloom duck for cover. Jino stood still, close his eyes and draw his blade. In quick succescion he dice and slices all the foods that was flying towards him, droping on the floor.

" WAT THE HAY!? RAINBOW DASH!!!" Applejack scorn at the blue pegasus still recovering from her crash. Applebloom got out from the chair she took as shelter earlier. She looks at Jino with an mixture of expression of awe and admiration. " DO THAT AGAIN!! DO THAT AGAIN!!! THAT WAS INCREDIBLY AWSOME!!!" Applebloom squeel in delight.

" I don't think I want to do that again, damn cloud......" Rainbow Dash stood up, triping a little as she hasn't really recover from the crash.

" Not you Dash....what I men't to say was Jino here!" Applebloom replies

"Jino? Who's he? " Rainbow Dash looks around trying find Jino. She spots Jino with the corner of her eyes.

" The's some mad skill's ya'a got the'r Jino. But I do appriciate that so'me pony here he'lp ma git rid of 'this he're mess...ain't that right Dashie?? "

" Alright alright...no need to get all cranky about it...."

" Hey Jino, i rec'kon ya wait in the living room. I wanna ya meet ma' friends. Thy might offer' ya some help getting use to things around here" Applejack commented as she clean the mess on the floor. Jino nod in agreement and sat on the couch while waiting for them.


***********************************************************************************************

After a few minute, a few more ponies show up outside of Applejack's door. Applejack came up to greet them all and show them inside. After a few exchange of words and greetings, She brought them all to meet Jino, who was waiting in the living room.

" OK all. I wan ya'all to meet her'e Jino." Applejack starts off first as an introduction. Jino stood up and greet the other pony likewise.

A purple unicorn came up and shake hoofs with Jino 1st. " Hi , My name is Twilight Sparkle. Pleased to meet you. "

" The name's Rarity " a white unicorn speaks up, placing her hoofs at her chest, her posture Lady-like.

" AND I'M PINKY PIE!!! BUT YOU CAN CALL ME PINKY!!! " a pink colour pony speaks with a exceptionaly cute voice, shacking Jino's hoof rapidly.

" And I'm Rainbow Dash!! The most AWwwsome pony in Ponyville!!! Ohh Yeah!!" speaks the rainbow colour mane pegasus.

" Dash, show's some manners to he'er Jino. By the way, where's Fluttersh......" Applejack stop as she heard a knock on her door. A familiar looking pegasus let herself in.

" Ohh my....i'm late aren't I? " Fluttershy speaks in her signature low tone.

" nah Don't cha worry Shy, ya'r just in time. Come here, ya friends are waiting for ya in the living room." Fluttershy slowy walks in. Jino greet Fluttershy, blushing a little as he look at her. However Rainbow Dash spots it and scoot by Jino's side and wisper into his ears. " You like her don't cha???" Dash laughs a little as she backs away from Jino.

" AhEM!! " Applejack tries to clear her voice. " As ha'was saying...Jino here is bunki'n here for now, but he want to find a place to settle on'he own. I hope all of ya'be kind enugh to do just that. Ya know'...like helping em' to get a job or sumthing?"

All the other ponies looks at each other and noded. Later they discussed among themselves and come out with 1 conclusion. " Hey Jino, how about you come follow us to town? I'm sure we can help you settle your worries in no time!" Twilight smiles at Jino, trying to offer her assurence. Speachless, Jino just nod his head in agreement. " Then it's settle. I promise you that all will go well!! "

*****************************************************************************************


After a an hour or so , Jino and the others reach Ponyville. Jino stood in awe as he watches the town. Everything was better than he expected. The whole place was clean, well build, and has very little to complain about. The pony everywhere were nice and polite. Could this be it? Could he have finally found a place where he can call home? A place to belong? Jino's heart feels ever lighter that now he could hope for the best. Soon they all reach to a building somewhere in the middle of town. A signboard across says " Sugercube Corner"

" This is Sugarcube Corner!! Where everypony favourite CUPCAKES are made!!!" Pinky Pie scream in delight. As Jino bring himself in, he couldnt help but be amazed. Pinky Pie hurried to the kitchen and brought out a new batch of freshly backed cupcakes. " Here's 1 for you and for you, and you!!" Pinky said as she pass a cupcake for each of them and Jino too. Jino bites down on the corner of the cupcake, tasting it, but however was perplex and spit it out. The other ponies watchs in confusion.

" Is there something wrong??" Twilight ask

" I meant no disrespect, but I think I'm not used to food like this. It's just too much sweet to me...." Jino reply as he gulp down a cup of water to wash down the taste. Undetered, Pinky brought out another treats, this time it's chocolate cake. But again, the sweet taste cause Jino to reject further pastry of any sort.

" Well that's a bummer. You can't work here because you can't stand eating stuff that is too sweet...hmmmmm" Twilight rubs her head as she tries to figure out an idea. " Well not to worry....i'm sure we will figure something out...eventually...."

Jino sigh. Well, its just 1 place. I'm sure there's bound to be more possibilities. Don't give up yet...there is still hope. " How about you try to make yourself usefull at my Carosel Boutique. I might need a assistance to help me complete my work." Rarity walks beside Jino to cheer him up. But sadly once again, Jino can't do much, except making more mess. As Jino wasn't used to use all those needle, pins, string or any sort, Rarity simply could not use Jino.

"........*sigh*.......looks like another dead end. " Twilight sigh as she facehoof in utter dismare. " How about Magic??"

Jino stares at Twilight. Placing his hoofs across his mare, revealing no horns in sight. " hmmmmm......how about you Fluttershy? You work with animals all day, maybe he could assist you? " Twilight ask.


".....I really don't know Twilight....Caring for animals are more hard work than expected.....but if Jino wouldnt mind....it's okay i guess...." Fluttershy commented. Jino breaths in deep, refusing to give up. The group later follow Fluttershy into her cottage, where animals off all sort could aquire healing if needed. Angel, the favourite pet rabbit of hers comes out from one corner of the room and leaped onto her mane.

" Ohhh hi angel....how's my sweet little bunny rabbit?? " Fluttershy gesture the rest to enter her home and relax awhile. Jino was somehow looking about, searching for something.

" arrr......Fluttershy....errrr....how's the little wolf cub doing now?? I mean...the injuries...." Jino voices stumble as he ask. Dammit Jino...she's another pegasus...not Kir.....ARRRR!! Remember your purpose!!!

" Oh...he's okay now. Although he might not be able to walk or run because the bone is really broken....give him a week or two and he will be all fine...." She said as she carries a tray with tea for her friends to enjoy. Jino picks up the cup and took a deep sniff, enjoying every moment of it. Warm scent of home...*sigh*....they never used to make tea like this.

" Hey Jino.....why are you so shy when Fluttershy is around?? " Dash suddenly throw in the question right after Fluttershy went back to the kitchen. The other ponies also seems to notice it too, and they all looked at Jino, their faces full of equally disturbing smiles and intentions. Dear Lord...Why Now? Jino could't tell them how he feels about her. His eyes moves rapidly around trying to cut the topic.

" It's complicated...errr.....errrr.....I meant.....arrr...." Jino's voice starts to stumble as he tries desperatly to cover up. As the atmosphere intensify, Fluttershy returns from the kitchen. Phewww....saved!!

" How about we do a little roleplay?? Angel here will pretend she is sick and we will observe how or what you do...." Fluttershy gave her suggestion , letting Angel on the ground , pretending to be sick. *cough cough*....

" errr....how about some carrots? Sup? Pills? " Jino tries to convince Angel to eat but he wouldn't budge. After a few minutes it seems hopeless. " Well this is hopeless..." Rainbow Dash add. Refusing to give up, Jino try something else. He took a deep breath, then he sings......

"Come on now little one's....strong of heart and soul you will be.....but hush now it's time for you to know....
.....my little one's.....you will make me proud......hmmmm...hmmmmmm" Jino sings with his heart, trying hard to get the ryme right. Although it's a little scratchy, but it seems the animal around Fluttershy's cottage starts to gather near, settling down to listen. The other ponies were stun in amazement as Jino continue to sings, their jaw drop wide open. Jino noticed the comotion around him and stop.

"eerrr......was I too loud? hahaha? " Jino rubs his still confuse head.

" Loud? That was amazing!!! I didn't know you could sing that good...." Fluttershy hovers to Jino and hold his face. Jino face immediatly turn steaming red, eyes spining. " ohhh....I'm so sorry" she said as she let go of Jino's face. Dear Lord, this is going to be the longest day of my life........