• Published 10th Dec 2016
  • 515 Views, 3 Comments

A Guard's CFVY Break - Moonlit Novel



A spell goes Awry and sends the captain of Luna's Royal Guard to another world

  • ...
 3
 515

Chapter Three: Preparations

Chapter Three: Preparations


A year later:


Moonlit stretched as he made his way to the door, the person there had been knocking for the last few minutes, waking him from a sound sleep. Pulling up the pants he had grabbed along the short path to the door and fastening them, he opened the door.


“HEY!” he shouted as team CFVY came rushing into the room nearly running him over. “What in Tartarus?” he asked as he shut the door, they had seen him after a fight with Glinda Goodwitch, which had left him virtually naked from his white clothes clinging to his sweat covered body as she used so many attacks, most keeping his semblance at bay, he had been asked who he wanted to fight. He smiled and without a hint of smugness pointed at the woman. There had been no victor, time ran out before they could finish. But now, Coco openly took in his appearance, and Velvet blushed heavily and looking away, obviously this seemed a bit more intimate.


“Nice to see that what we saw in class wasn’t a lie” said Coco with a smirk and Moonlit merely rolled his eyes.


“Is there a reason you have barged into my room at,” Moonlit glanced at the clock on the wall, “03:00 in the morning?” Coco smiled and tossed her Scroll at Moonlit who caught it with one hand still glaring at Coco before opening the device. “Ozpin can’t be serious, can he? He wants to send me to take out several grimm?”


“Well you aren’t going to be alone, we’re coming along for the ride” said Coco and Moonlit sighed and shook his head.


“No”


“No? Why not?” asked Coco and Moonlit pointed at Velvet and then to Coco causing he to bristle before Moonlit spoke up.


“I know you can fight, but Velvet, and yourself, Coco, have and interest, and an open interest in me. If earlier has any indication. Even if that interest is one hundred percent sexual, it might take your mind off the task at hand, and could at at the most inopportune time leading to one or all of us being killed.” said Moonlit and Coco glared at him through her sunglasses. Moonlit simply frowned at her.


“Are you saying you aren’t interested in us?” asked Velvet in a rare moment of confrontation making Moonlit go wide eyed, as this was dangerous territory.


“That is another reason as to why you shouldn’t go, I can’t afford to be distracted, I might throw myself between either of you, any of you for that matter. And we know I can survive getting slashed in half, we know I can reattach any severed limb that was cut off, but what if it is a Gryffon? What if instead of slashing, it bites off my arm, or half my body? Okay, the last one was a bad example, that has happened—”


“Wait which one?” asked Fox clearly interested and Moonlit tilted his head in confusion before it clicked.


“I have been bitten in half, swallowed actually, my Semblance went haywire ripping me out and reattaching my body to its legs, damned Aura isn’t consistent all the time, scared the hell out of the professor at the time,” Moonlit chuckled, “apparently there hasn’t been a death at the school in a while,” he looked thoughtful for a moment, “I think you were out on a mission that week, well it was used as a reminder that anything can happen, and that if my Semblance wasn’t so intent on keeping me alive, I would have been dead” he frowned. “Now I am getting off track, there are too many things—”


“Unfortunately, Mr. Novel, they are going” said Professor Ozpin as he opened the door, Moonlit frowned, no, outright glared at Ozpin, the hostility was almost palpable. “No, this is not to undermine you, Mr. Novel. There are far too many to allow you to go alone, if you are incapacitated by such an event such as being cut in half again, they are there to hold them off, you may be able to take on thirty-one opponents at once, but the numbers we are recording are well into the hundreds. And they are already on their way to the village” Moonlit shook his head sighing.


“If time was not of the essence then…”


“Perhaps you should make your way to the airship, time is of the essence, We will expect you back in a week, but will send enough ammunition for longer, just use your scroll to request more if needed” said Ozpin making Moonlit frown, but he nodded and team CFVY and himself made their way to the airship platforms…


- - -


“What do we know?” asked Moonlit as team CFVY and he waited to arrive at the village the ship bumped in the air as they hit some turbulence Moonlit a center of calm in contrast to the person he had been before getting on the airship. He had been rather angry when Ozpin had ordered him to accept team CFVY's aid. Which lead to the girls getting an earful, not that the boys escaped his ire, when he was done verbally ripping Coco a new one, he turned to them and handed them their asses when they snickered. Velvet on the other hand was treated softer, much to team CFVY's surprise, but she got an earful that she needed to give a hundred and ten percent so he didn't worry about her.


“The village isn't all that big which makes the appearance of so many grimm concerning” said Coco falling into her mission mode as the boys called it, not that Moonlit had ever seen it otherwise he would not have been concerned with her being distracted by any lingering sexual or romantic tensions.


“They may be fearing for their lives, and it has led to more grimm gathering to attack?” offered Velvet, Moonlit gave a nod before motioning for Coco to continue.


“That's about all we know about the village itself, it is rather new the amount of grimm is concerning, but like Velvet said; it may be as simple as they saw few grimm patrolling and instead of keeping calm, the patrol freaked attracting more and the fear grew.” said Coco, Moonlit frowned, he hated the lack of information. However he will make a plan when they arrived now was time to get some rest before they started.


“Go get some sleep, these villagers are going to need us at our best, and arriving with a full night's sleep will do that” he ordered and team CFVY looked at each other before staring at Coco who frowned at them as she headed to one of the bunks.


“You heard him, get some rest, and Velvet no hitting on the pony-boy, you get some rest too” she ordered causing Velvet to blush heavily as she scurried off to a bunk and climbed in quickly pretending to be asleep. Something that made Moonlit chuckle before he got up and went to one of the remaining bunks. Obviously Beacon Academy mission airships were built with a team and teacher in mind, that was fine, it suited the purpose of this mission.


- - -


Moonlit awoke the moment one of the crew entered the room, crawling out of the bunk he stood up and glanced at the crew member. With that one glance he knew something went wrong. Waking team CFVY who was a little groggy until the crew member said they were coming in hot, what ever sleep remained evaporated and the rushed to the weapons’ locker to gather their weapons.


“I hope you are ready, cause this time I am trusting you with my back” receiving nods Moonlit nodded to the crew member who led them to the side door that began to open as they started to fly low, grimm starting pour into the village. With a grimace, he activated his semblance and jumped out of the airship, followed closely by team CFVY…

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment