• Published 10th Dec 2016
  • 516 Views, 3 Comments

A Guard's CFVY Break - Moonlit Novel



A spell goes Awry and sends the captain of Luna's Royal Guard to another world

  • ...
 3
 516

Prologue: A Grimm Feeling

Title: A Guard’s CFVY Break
Fanfic of: RWBY/MLP
Rating: T-M
Genre: Romance/Adventure
Pairing: Velvet Scarlatina/OC

Prologue: A Grimm Feeling


Princess Twilight Sparkle had just perfected her spell to transport items without a pony being sent with it, or so she thought. As she invited the other princesses to her castle in Ponyville. With the princesses came their guards and trusted highly ranked Magicians. Moonlit Novel knew not which he was but knew that the blind mare opposite him was Celestia's most trusted Magician now that Twilight Sparkle was no longer a subordinate, but rather an equal.


“Captain, are you prepared to take notes? For surely, if Princess Sparkle has figured out this spell then we will need to get the wards ready so no brigade can teleport explosives into the castle” said Princess Luna and Moonlit Novel nodded, he knew a spell like this had plenty of military applications as well as civilian applications.


“Yes, princess” said Moonlit as he levitated a notebook and pencil in front of himself. A little bit into the demonstration Princess Twilight said she was about to attempt the spell for the first time, and before anyone could stop her upon hearing that, she channeled the spell onto an apple on the table when suddenly the apple disintegrated and the spell flew off and hit the Crystal mirror as Twilight flew back crashed into the wall of the room and passed out as the Crystal Mirror started to billow black translucent clouds and shake. After a little bit the clouds stopped billowing out as everything seemed to calm down a bit Princess Luna was the first to gather her wits.


“Captain, I want you to check on the human world that Princess Twilight has made friends in, make sure it is alright” she said, at this Moonlit nodded and galloped his way through the portal not even looking back…


- - -


Stumbling a bit as he stood up in his new bipedal form, Moonlit Novel looked around, he was in a forest that was pretty dark, on his hip was the rapier he always carried, and his body… his body was a caucasian color and his red hair did nothing to hide the pony ears or red horn coming out of his head. And while he couldn’t feel his magic anymore, he could feel something gnawing at his being before his fighting instincts told him to dodge left. Doing so he managed to dodge a large black bear creature with what looked like a white bone helmet and bony spikes coming out of its arms and back, going on instinct Moonlit grabbed the handle of his sword in his new found hand and drew it and stood in a ready stand as the bear, creature, thing seemed to stand there staring at him for a moment before it roared and attacked him slashing left and right with him dodging before a translucent green appendage seemed to come out from behind him and grab the creature and throw it away from him, twirling around to see what the new threat was… he saw nothing. Hearing twigs snap and more roars Moonlit Novel readied his sword, whatever the green appendage was it seemed to be friendly at the moment he started to move forwards as three more of whatever that beast was appeared and charged at him, not not at him. He realized rather quickly they were after the portal and he tried to force the magic to happen, to destroy the portal, but what happened was that several more appendages flew out and grasped the portal and in short work destroyed, not only his only way back, but these creatures way to harm Equestria as well, a fair price to pay to protect everyone he cared about… he decided that if he was going to be trapped her, well first thing was first. He reminded himself as the appendages wrapped tightly around the creatures and squeezed tighter and tighter until the creatures exploded in a mess of fur, spikes, and blood.


“I suppose it is time to look for water and supplies” Moonlit Novel said to himself before hearing sounds that were unfamiliar to him a constant retort of sound going against his better judgement, his tactical mind decided to head towards the sound. A little while later he came across four beings obviously young people, not children in the traditional sense, but if he had to guess not one of them had seen their eighteenth winter, and they were fighting creatures that were similar to the bear creatures he had fought, but they were surrounded, and even with their unconventional weapons that were currently keeping the creatures away, they were going to be overrun soon as more kept showing up…


- - -


Using his guard training, Moonlit ran and jumped on top of a beowolf run along the top of the enemies and jumped and landed in the circle of the young people surprising the leader carrying a minigun.


“Just who the heck are you?” asked the girl with brown hair and a slightly red highlight near the end of a rather long set of locks.


“I think, we have more important things to worry about for the moment” said Moonlit Novel as he closed his eyes and spread his arms, if those green appendages were his, than this should work. Suddenly up to thirty tentacles flew off in multiple directions and pierced several grimm through the skulls killing then instantly before they started to reach for whatever grimm was close by and started to crush them. Although his tentacles were killing left and right, he was not standing still with his trusty rapier he wove in and out of the beowolves, though one got through and ran at the group, the girl with the minigun let loose a volley of bullets killing the grimm, but also hitting Moonlit unawares. Making him stumble and then get clawed in half vertically and for a moment everything thing stood still as the body of Moonlit Novel fell in two different directions, before the tentacles shot towards Moonlit and wrapped his body up in themselves, for ten long agonizing seconds that the group of young hunters had to fight on their own again, with low ammo and low strength and a disheartened morale from getting their supposed hero killed. As soon as the tenth second passed the tentacles flew off and killed the last remaining beowolves in the area and Moonlit groaned from the ground, standing up as if he had not been slashed at all however the bullet wounds were still there and, not that the fighting was done and the adrenaline was wearing off, was life threatening, however this time the tentacles did not wrap around him, or attempt to heal him. Stumbling to the ground only to be caught by a brown haired rabbit faunus that he didn't notice before.


“I hope you are here to take these kids home, angel, I am not worth worrying about” said Moonlit with a strained smile as the girl blushed, “Strange though for…” he passed out just as the hunter that had been assigned to them appeared a lot worse for wear having been forced away from them by stronger creatures of grimm.


“Hunter! He’s still alive, we need to-” instead of letting the faunus girl finish, he put a finger to her lips silencing her and pulled out his scroll calling for an emergency evac back to Beacon Academy.


“I will do all that I can to make sure this man lives, he kept you four safe when I was forced off, it would be poor thanks indeed to let him die, Coco, status on your weapons?”


- - -


A month later Moonlit Novel awoke in a bed hooked up to hospital machines, and, he lifted his sheet, yep a catheter, he now had a small bundle of scar tissue where he had been hit by the bullets. Sitting up he noticed something was off, he wasn't dead, and he wasn't in Ponyville, like he hoped, making it all a bad dream. His clothes were folded neatly on the chair beside the hospital bed… after waiting for what felt like an hour, Moonlit hit the call nurse button, tired of waiting and within a few seconds a nurse came bursting in, it was obvious they hadn't been expecting someone to call for a nurse in his room so they assumed correctly that he had awoken.


- - -


After a month of being prodded and tested, both on a mental level and a physical level, during which time he learned a lot about the world he was in, like for one it was called Remnant and the creatures that attacked him were called grimm. He also learned that the ability he used was called a semblance and that it was odd that he had access to his semblance but not his aura. Also during that month he learned, to his embarrassment that the girl he called an angel was one of the girls he saved, and she had taken to visiting him on the weekends as did the rest of her team, though she usually stayed the longest every night, she kept that up even after he woke up, she was the one that unlocked his aura.


- - -


“You know, I'll be alright, I can find a job and make a living here” he said one time when Velvet, the girl he had called an angel, commented that her whole team felt guilty about what they perceived as amnesia from practically being dead for ten seconds.


“But Professor Ozpin said he’d get you a job until your memories come back.” Moonlit didn't have the heart to tell her he never lost his memories about this place because he had never been to Remnant before…