• Published 10th Dec 2016
  • 543 Views, 16 Comments

Christmas Series: Sunset on a Snowy Hill - goldenrise365



Walking through the park after a snow storm, and just enjoying the fresh snowfall. But that changes when I see someone freezing on a hill. Good nature is the name of the season. I help anyone in need of it.

  • ...
 16
 543

Sunset on a Snowy Hill

I walked across the snow covered park with a smile. I always liked to take a walk after a fresh snowfall. The scenery had a calming a beautiful look to it. The snow would always be pure and untouched. It was always a great reminder of the world's true peaceful nature, rather then having a constant battle going on. I walked down the path carved in the snow. I looked up to my destination, a hill looking over the park. But I saw someone already there. They had a head of hair like fire.

"Sunset?" I started moving a bit faster. Before I made it to her, she collapsed from the cold. I was able to get to her, and immediately got to work. I removed my first jacket and wrapped it around her. I then opened my second coat and moved her closer to me. After closing both coats I lifted her up and rushed back to my car. I got Sunset in, turned up the heater to full blast and waited. The following seconds felt like hours. "Come on Sunset. Please wake up."

After about a minute Sunset gave a cough and opened her eyes. She looked up at my smiling face. "Gold?"

I sighed. "Glad to see your awake." I opened my jacket and brought her out. I helped her sit in the passengers seat. "Now that your awake, WHAT WERE YOU DOING OUT THERE?"

"I wanted to have one last look at the scenery." She looked out the window.

"What do you mean?"

"I just wanted to go out in peace." Her message hit me.

I sighed again. "Sunset, what you were doing isn't right."

"Who cares if I did this?"

"Your friends."

"There only my friends because they feel bad for me. So who really would care?" Her answer made my anger from.

"I would," I said just above a whisper. Thankfully my gloves hid my white knuckles.

"What?" I could see a small blush on Sunset's face.

I relaxed a bit. "When we first net, I sensed something. It was small, but it grew in time. So, when you did this, I had to do something."

Sunset put a hand on my arm. "Do you think we could head to your place? I think I need some soup."

"Sure. Of coarse." I started the car and drove home. I helped Sunset out of the car and got into the house. "You can warm up in the living room. I'll make the soup." Before I got an answer I walked into the kitchen. I got out a pot and put some soup in it. When I turned on the stove, I heard a cough behind. "You should be resting Sunset."

I heard footsteps behind me and then felt cool arms wrap around me. "I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to scare you."

I couldn't let her think like this. I turned and returned the hug. "Its ok Sunset. I just like the fact that your safe. Go wait in the loving room and I will bring in some soup." Sunset smiled and returned to the living room. I finished up the soup and brought it in. "Here you go." I handed her a bowl and a spoon.

"Thanks." She took both and began eating. While she ate I turned on the lights of my Christmas Tree. I smiled and looked to my calendar. Sunset apparently also saw the date. "Its Christmas Eve."

"Yup." I looked to the presents under the tree. There were two for each of my friends, including Sunset. "And tomorrow will be a great day." I sat down on the couch, and Sunset scooted next to me. I grabbed a blanket and placed it over both of us.

Sunset snuggled up next to me. "You know Gold, I feel the same way about you." She then yawned. "I love you."

"I love you too, Sunset." We fell asleep in each others arms.

------------

The next morning

I woke up with a small stir. I looked to see Sunset with a smile on her face. "I hate to wake her, but today is going to be a busy day." I shook her shoulder and she slowly opened her eyes. "Morning Sunny."

"Morning Gold." She stretched a bit and wrapped me in a hug. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas. I hope your ready for a fun day." I was about to get up when I heard movement outside. "Sounds like the others are here early. Think they're under the window sill?"

"Only one way to find out." Sunset pulled out her phone and called up Rainbow. She then set it on speaker. I grabbed an air horn.

"Hey Sunset," said Rainbow. I pressed down the button and blasted the airborne. There was a thud from outside.

"You can come in," I said to Rainbow.

I opened the door to see my friends with a bunch of smiles, except for Rainbow. "That wasn't funny Gold."

"Really? Because I thought it was." Everyone got a laugh out of that. We all gathered in the living room, and the girls gave me my presents first. I ended up getting a new gold jacket from Rarity. "Another jacket."

"I just couldn't help it darling. It just go so well with your skin."

"Thanks Rarity." The next present was from Fluttershy. It was a set of homemade wind chimes. "Thanks Flutters. These are really cool."

"I'm glad you like them. They for the spring. I mean, if you want to put them up."

"I'll be sure to put them on the porch next spring." The next present was from Pinkie. When I opened the box, there was another box. Then another, and another, and another. I counted about five boxes before I got to the present. It was a gold watch. "Thanks Pinks."

"Your welcome Goldy. I got it so you would never be late to any parties."

"If it's one of yours, then there's nothing to worry about." I opened the final two. It was a double gift from Rainbow and Apple Jack. It was a new counsel with six extra controllers. "Thanks Rainbow and AJ."

"No problem Gold. Just call us up when your ready to play it."

AJ hit the back of her head. "This isn't for us."

"How about I hand out my presents?" In order to stop the two from fighting, I gave out my presents. I gave Rarity a new set of scarves, Fluttershy got two new veterinary books, Pinkie received a cook book and a package of confetti, AJ got a new red and green hat and a lasso, and Rainbow got new running shoes and a new game. The girls thanked me for the gifts.

Sunset opened her gifts last. I spent the most on her gifts. The first box held a necklace with her Sun symbol on it. The other held a set of earnings of the same design. The sun was made from a ruby and a gold piece. Sunset teared up at the gifts. She immediately tackled me with a hug and peppered my face with kisses. "Thank you Gold. These are the best things I ever got."

I returned the hug and kissed her back. "Your welcome. I'm glad we could share this moment."

The others were giggling at us as we stood back up. After cleaning up the gift wrap, we all left to go to Applejack's for Christmas dinner. After dinner, I drove Sunset back to my house and we spent the night together.

"Now it's time for my present to you." She pulled me into my room, and into a deep kiss.

Author's Note:

Hope all of you are having a great December. This story is the first of my Christmas Series. Each story will feature a less then dilettante used to be villain, and someone who just wants to spread some Christmas cheer.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Comments ( 16 )

MERRY CHRISTMAS
no seriously
Loved the story

7785397

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I'm working on the next one. It will be... (looks through book of puns) ... dazzling.

7785402 I see what you did there :trixieshiftright:
(I think...)

7785407

Thanks, I just need to decide which one. I know. (Pulls out a spinner with their names. It's still spinning.) Why did I buy this trolling spinner.

This story hints at some darker meanings.

Then why isn't there a dark tag?

Dawww! What a nice little one-shot here. I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

Although an FYI, I spotted a few spelling errors.

7785696

Yeah, I'm not the best.

7785787 I understand. I was in no way trying to offend ya. Sorry.

Anyhoo...keep up the good work.

7785791

Thanks and you didn't. Nothing can bring me down, except gravity.

7785800

Thank you. I'm just happy that I can bring smiles to people's faces.

7785417 THE SPINNER OF DEATH/GLORY
Depends what it feels like really

Great story man! You should check out my own story that I made for the holiday.

Why was this cancelled?

9152409
It wasn't. It's temporarily silent and I'm waiting for the holiday's to continue this story.

Login or register to comment