• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 623 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 623

Spelunking

So, now that I have help, we should be able to take the element.

Twilight is the first to speak up, "So, we are here. Now what?"

I answer promptly. "We need to open this door. I sensed Sombra using Dark Magic to open it, but I am not certain what spell he used. Assuming, of course, that he used a spell. He could have just fed it some mana to open it. Does anyone here, aside from me, know how to use Dark Magic?" Celestia, Twilight, Luna, and Discord nod. Cadance looks at them all, as if asking 'really guys?'. "Okay, well then. Discord, open the door please." Discord snaps his talons, not sure how that is possible, since the snapping sound comes from the smack of skin on skin, but whatever, and the door disappears. Also included in the package is a pair of trumpets and a herald announcing our arrival. "You could have been a bit more subtle about it."

He shrugs. "You said open it, not open it subtly." Well, it's open. Although, I would have done the same, so no hard feelings.

"Let's go in. And be ready, he could have done any number of things with the element in his possession." They all adopt battle stances, ready for an attack. As we move through the rooms, I take note of the fairly simple decoration. The first room is just a simple room, the ceiling is higher than usual, but there are no distinguishing features. Not really any decoration around here, but, if it is a devil, then he has no use or care for worldly possessions, only keeping what makes his task easier. As we pass through a hallway, we all note the paintings hung on the wall. They are just of Sombra, but that still doesn't explain why they are hung up in the first place. It is possible the devil could have developed an appreciation for art, but it is highly unlikely, as they are very objective-oriented creatures.

We come into what appears to be a trophy room, containing many items of considerable power if you really look at them. But the element is not here, not that I had expected it to be that easy, but hey, I can hope, right?

"So," Twilight begins nervously, perhaps hoping to get some courage later, "how are you an alicorn?" That question. How much do I tell them? All of it, genetics and all? Or maybe just some of it.

"I made myself an alicorn. I will tell you details later, if you wish, but right now," here I pause dramatically for effect, and breath, but I prefer to think it's more for effect, "we are currently trying to sneak around in a hostile area, so please be quiet." Twilight nods, satisfied with my answer and reasoning for now.

We continue on to the next room, finding nothing of particular interest in here. The next room isn't much different, just what appears to be a throne room, no decoration on the carved stone walls. The throne itself isn't remarkable either. It is simply carved from stone, and presumably this cave wasn't here before, as the throne is fully attached. The throne is currently unoccupied, but there is a doorway to the left of the throne.

I motion for everyone to follow me, pointing out the doorway. They all nod, except Discord, he just looks like he's brooding.

We move as one, horns, or talons in Discord's case, charged and ready to fire. Sombra then comes around the corner.

"Hello everypony. Many thanks for coming, I hope your trip was uneventful?"