• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 623 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 623

Malfunction

Flying my ship through a gap in the enemies defences, I succeed in avoiding yet another battalion of fighters. Those things are getting more persistent every day. Training my sights on a ship, I fire, destroying it in nearly a second. Pride does not become the Emperor of Taledine, but I can't help but feel a bit better after getting rid of yet another Maroxian. "Aurthur, we have enemy reinforcements arriving!" The captain of the Endromateis saying over the fleet-wide comm channel. Great, just great. This battle is already close enough without more of them.
I respond, "Pull back all fighters, prepare to retreat." As I am flying towards the Justice, I hear some comm traffic on the opposing side's radio waves. "Train all weapons on the big, fancy fighter." It's nice to know that they can distinguish my fighter from the rest of them, but this is going to take some fancy flying. Weaving to the left, dodging to the right, swerving downwards, and then careening upwards, right into a missiles path. This is going to hurt. With a boom, my shields are taken down, just as several plasma beams converge on my location.

"Computer!"

"Yes, my King?"

"Open the wormhole NOW!"

"At once, my liege." And with that the wormhole opens, I fly through, escape near-certain death, and make it safely home to my ever-loving parents.










Just kidding, the plasma beams hit as I am flying through the wormhole, and seem to interact with the wormhole, changing its intended destination. I can only assume that because of the influx of energy, it is taking me further than I intended to go.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emerging from the wormhole, the ship scans it's surroundings, as well as itself. It prepares ands recites a damage report.

"My King, the wormhole generator is not responding, may be damaged. Plasma engines one-through-four are also down, currently running on maneuvering thrusters."

"Anything else?" I ask.

"There is life on the planet below us, as well as cities, indicating that there is, or was, intelligent life."

Well, if there is life, there is most likely magic. So I decide to do my own scan of the planet. Projecting my own senses out, i find several points of interest about this world. One is that this world has powerful magic, and on closer inspection, there seem to be nine major points of magic, as well as several minor ones. One of the major magic points is very bright, which at this distance indicate great power has been accumulated. If my mental math is right, it would appear that it has more power than me. Or at least me without my equipment. The rest are mostly just a dim glow from here, indicating lesser power, but still fairly powerful. There are several blobs of power that line up with where my computer says there are cities, which makes sense. I will need to think on this. I may have to land in order to fix the ship, but I do not want to disturb the natives if I don't have to. But, then again, the prospect of learning a new way of using magic is too good to pass up. I also notice the star this planet is orbiting is unusually small, yet it gives off enough light and heat to be felt from here. It also seems to be bound to one of the nine major magic points on the surface. Which would mean that either a) something on the planet is powering it, or b) something on the planet is harnessing its power. Either are entirely possible. A star is a massive source of mana, but based on its small size, I would bet on it being powered by something on the planet. Something smart enough to drain mana from a star would not drain it quickly enough that the star itself dies.

Scanning the planet further, I determine that two of the nine major mana points are intertwined, and are possibly related in purpose, or perhaps just came from the same source. Before I decide whether to land, I should determine if I need to in order to fix my ship. Extricating myself from the prison that is usually called a chair (that thing could contain an elephant), I walk to the rear compartment door.

Author's Note:

First story, and I think it is fairly good. Mind you, it is not the first one I have written, but it is the first on this site. As well, if you have any questions, ask them in the comments, and I will answer them. Or not, depending on whether they will be answered later in the story.