• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 626 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 626

Tea With Celestia

Waking up, I remember what happened yesterday. And I didn't ask Twilight Sparkle if she could help me get the necessary materials to repair my shit. Oh well, I can ask later today. First is breakfast. I 'borrowed' the ingredients to make the sandwiches Twilight Sparkle made for lunch, and make some more now. Delicious.

Finishing my food, I trot down to my workroom, planning on practicing the spells that are new to me. That train is derailed by the appearance of Princess Celestia in my workroom. You see, one of the protection spells I placed redirects any teleports into the workroom, as well as disabling any teleportation out of anywhere except the workroom, just in case. And yes, last night I had to walk from my workroom to the bedroom.

"Can I help you?" I inquire, curiosity piqued. I didn't think anyone would notice my little cave. She looks around, taking in all the equipment I have here. Gem cutters, gem fusers, mana testers, and a soldering kit. I am old school. Deal with it. Her gaze finally settles on me.

"Yes you can. What are you doing here?" I detect a slight undertone of annoyance at my presence, but not hostile.

"Why, I am just living here, for now. Do you have a problem with that?" She seems taken aback by the arrogance in my voice, but quickly recovers.

"I will only have a problem if you try to harm my subjects." Oh goodie, one of these types.

"I do so solemnly vow not to attempt to consciously destroy your subjects, or your kingdom. Now that that is out of the way, tea and cake? I have some around here someplace."

"Well, I guess I could stay a few minutes." I head over to the kitchen, and cast a spell to instant make a cake. I do the same for tea. I should go out and get some food. The rations are good and all, but they are only supposed to be used if there are no other options.

I return to my workroom a few minutes later to find Celestia looking at everything, inspecting all the equipment, and trying to figure out how they work.

"It's ready. Is there anything you want to talk about? I doubt you came here just to determine my motivations, you also want to know what all this is." I gesture to the surrounding area, which is a bit harder as a pony than a human.

"Yes I do. I would like to know why you are here, what all this does, and how long you are staying." Right to the point. I like that. I hate those diplomats that use one thousand words to say something that could have been said in ten.

"Well, I am here due to a malfunction in my wormhole generator. All this equipment does different things, I could teach you, but it would take a while. And I plan on staying until I have mastered the magical disciplines I have found here."

"Okay. And how do you plan on learning them? I know of three different ones alone. Twilight probably knows of at least five, and maybe Discord or Luna could,teach you something. You do know it takes decades to master a discipline, right?" Well, she does have a point, but I shall shoot it down with a nuke.

"Of course I know that! I personally know four disciplines already, I know they take a long time to master, but I just want to learn them now. I can master them later. Besides, I've got time. I could stay here for centuries, and my kingdom would be fine."

She flutters her wings slightly, I do the same, they were starting to stick together on both of us it seems. I still have my illusion, so I just look like a unicorn to her. "But I will continue the studies I was doing before I came here as well. Which reminds me, I need some raw materials, can you help me get them? Or at least, point me in the right direction?" I want to learn before I leave, but I also want to make sure I can leave.

"Well, we do have plenty of resources. You could take a look to see if they are what you need, but the ponies that have them will want some sort of payment. Can you handle that?" As if, of course I can. But I would not be rude to the nations ruler. It makes for unhealthy relations with the country in question.

"Of course I can pay. Can you tell me if these are worth anything?" I trot over to my saddlebags, and pull out the platinum and gold ingots. I also pull out a few spare gems that I hated. Showing them to her, she looks intently at the platinum.

"Silver? Less valuable than that gold you have there. Those gems look decently sized, and with some clarity."

"That's not silver. It's platinum." I think her assessment of me just went up a notch.

"Oh! Well, as far as I know, that platinum you have is not only worth a lot, but more than all that other stuff put together." Good to know. Gold and gems are either worth less than in my world, or platinum is worth many times more.

"So... Don't you have a kingdom to run? I mean, if you want to stay while I practice the spells I got from Twilight Sparkle, I won't stop you. But the nobles must be getting restless without their ruler."

"In a minute, this cake is good. You must give me the recipe! Then I shall leave. But I want you to show up at court sometime. I would like to learn more about you. I shall leave now. Bring that cake recipe with you!" She then teleports out, leaving me alone in the room

Author's Note:

A nice friendly bit of banter between two experienced leaders. And cake is involved.