• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 626 Views, 130 Comments

Aurthur visits Equestria - James Fire



King Aurthur of the Taledine Empire is transported to Equestria due to a wormhole generator malfunction.

  • ...
9
 130
 626

Damage report

Opening the door, I peer inside. The room is about two-point-five meters tall, one-point-five meters wide, and four meters long. There is a bench on either side with a walkway down the center. Located under each bench is a small compartment-small being a relative term-with an access panel on the front that is used for storage. In actuality, these compartments are fairly large, but I consider them small, as I cannot fit in them. Being two-point-one meters tall does have its downsides, as well as being one meter wide at the shoulders. The walls are a nice silver color, with rainbow highlights. The ships wormhole generator is a gyroscope looking thing in the doorway between the bridge and the storage compartment. The interior is fine, nothing moved significantly from the force of the plasma beam impact. Checking the storage compartments, my android is fine, I have enough food for about a week, and my portable wormhole generator is still in there. Turning to inspect the ships wormhole generator, noticing a few crystals scattered on the floor, I look and do indeed see a few correspondingly missing from one of the rings. Aside from that, I see no external damage.

"Computer, scan the wormhole generator rings for internal damage. Also check the plasma engines, see what is wrong with them."

"At once, your majesty." A light humming sound starts, the one you hear when a motor is running. This is because a motor is running, the sensor is on a robotic arm, and as such needs to move around a lot. Continuing to scan the outside of the rings, I don't notice much more damage. I check my stash bag of equipment and note that none of it is damaged, that's good, because I might be needing it soon. I have almost decided to go down to the planet anyway just to see what new forms of magic there are.

"My King, the internal of the rings show extensive damage. Wires are loose, two of the electromagnets are cracked, and one of the computers has been melted. As well, the plasma engines are fine, but the exhaust nozzles have been melted and deformed. The magnets are still there, but the nozzles are partially blocked, and it would not be wise to activate them, in case the magnetic containment no longer contains it." This news is troubling, if it was just loose wires and a melted computer, I would still be able to fix it and return home. But with those electromagnets out as well, I need to fix them, and that is not easy. As well, the plasma thrusters being unusable is an obstacle, but I don't need them to get home. I am now almost certain I will need to go down to the surface to get the matierials I need. Searching the pilots compartment, I find the device I need. It will allow me to refine and construct the matierials required. But first, I must ensure there are none of the required matierials somewhere in the ship.

I look through the ship, and ask the computer if there is anything I might find useful. The answer was, of course, no. Apparently, one of the engineers responsible for maintenance of my ship removed all the spare parts, so as to reduce the weight. Very thoughtful of him, allowing my ship to have slightly higher acceleration. Guess I am going down to the planet.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maneuvering my ship to face the planet, I engage what thrusters I do have, which includes the microwave engines. Yes, my ship can fly using microwaves, laugh all you want, I can use them to go faster than light. Hitting the atmosphere, my ship starts heating up, nothing it cannot handle. The outer hull is made of a thin layer of nuetronium, placed over a skeleton of diamond struts and supports. It ain't breaking anytime soon Coming down through the cloud layer, I see a large, green plain. Probably covered in grass, and is referred to as a meadow because of that. Mountains in the one direction, desert in the other. The mountain range at its closest point to me is northeast, with a preference towards north, according to my compass. It then extends to the east, going into the horizon. Looking closely at the mountains, I see what appears to be a city, but I am not certain if it is inhabited or not. But the... town? below me definitely is. I can see figures moving about, even at this distance. The city on the mountain looks relatively clean, so something is at least maintaining it, if not living there.

Flying lower, in a roughly straight line, I see a beam of energy fly straight at my ship. Huh, maybe disguising the ship as a meteor was not the best idea. Good news is that the beam does next to no damage, courtesy of my magic shields. It seems there is an intelligence down there, with either powerful magic, or some sort of beam weapon. Anyway, adapting the illusion to that, it shows my little meteor breaking into pieces, with the largest piece as my ship.

Sticking to my disguise, I have my ship plummet downwards at an increasingly fast pace. Heating up my engines, I prepare to stop very fast to avoid damage. Slowing down, I experience massive g-force, but nothing I can't handle. Unfortunately for me, I am not decelerating fast enough, crashing into the verdant landscape, I hang on for fun. And dear life, but that's not interesting to hear about. Deceleration is very quick when on land without wheels, and this is no exception. Skidding to a stop within ten meters, my ship gets scraped and the paint gets scratched. I am going to have to fix the paint later, either before I leave, or after I get home. I again extricate myself from the chair, and head to the rear compartment door.

I walk through the storage compartment, making sure nothing is too heavily damaged. Once that is done, I grab my backpack and open the airlock. Stepping out into the open air, grabbing my binoculars from my backpack, I look out into the plain. Just grass and mountains as far as the aided eye can see. But that city on the mountainside... looks inhabited now, I can see... Ponies? walking around. Whatever they are, they have four legs, and the bigger ones have colorful symbols on their flanks. Of all the places I could end up, it had to be where equines rule. The previous equine species I ran into was not very friendly.

I should be sighing, pulling out my bag, heaving it onto my back, and heading for the nearby town. But first, I need to sleep. Spinning a powerful illusion around my ship, I head back inside, pull some blankets out of a box strapped to the left wall, and go to sleep on the bench.

Author's Note:

Extensive damage-check
Has all his stuff-check
Going to land on an alien world-check
Crazy-probably
Fun-HELL YES!