• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 846 Views, 9 Comments

To Where And Back After Shot - Ugly-Duckling123

  • ...
7
 9
 846

The Flowers

That night, after the party is over, and everyone was in their guest rooms sleeping, a small group of friends gathered together and discussed what Thorax wanted to talk about.

"I took a closer look at the these so called berries, Belledam handed out," he began holding up his berry that was cut in half "And I found that inside there were traces of Changeling royal jelly."

"And that's... bad right?" Rainbow Dash asked hovering a little above the ground.

"It depends on who eats it," Thorax said using his magic to make shadows of an old Changeling Queen and some workers "If a Changeling Royal eats it, then they will have healthy children and the Hive will keep safe," he began now changing the shadows to different types of ponies "However, if anything other than a royal Changeling has it, then they will be put into a trance like state and will become the giver's demoted follower, which they can then use to, if they want, take over cities, countries, of the whole of Equestria."

That left the others in silence for a little bit, before Applejack spoke up.

"But if only you Changelings can make this stuff," she began "Where did Belledam get it from?"

"I sent a message to the Hive asking them to come back with all of Chrysalis' old disuses and found something very interesting..." Thorax said pulling out a piece of paper with a photo list of everypony the old queen changed into.

And right in the middle was Belledam.

"So you're saying that she is her?" Pinkie asked pointing from the photo to the shadow still on the wall.

"I believe she is, Pinkie Pie," Thorax said nodding "And I also believe that she plans on doing what I just said with the leaders, by using the berries. But your law states that we need evidence before we can do anything too dramatic."

"Isn't what you said enough?" Fluttershy asked scared, hugging Spike.

"Not when she can turn back right at me and say something along the lines of..." he said shifting into the Belledam to mock her "You seem to know a fair bit about this 'Royal Jelly' Thorax, perhaps you're the one who made it and switched my berries with them...'" he said turning back to himself.

"Ok so we can't do anything to stop her at the moment," Twilight said trying to stay calm "How do we stop them from being her followers?"

"We either wait, but that can take a couple of days," Thorax said thinking "Or... In the Everfree Forest, there is a clump of flowers called 'Purple Oleanders' he said making a picture come up for them to see "We only need to get them to eat some."

"Right." Rainbow Dash said firmly getting up and stretching her wings "Come on Fluttershy. We'll be the fastest. We'll go get these flowers and come right back."

"Oh but Rainbow, It's so dark outside, do you know what comes out into the Everfree Forest after dark?" Fluttershy asked quietly afraid.

"I'll come with you Rainbow Dash," Starlight Glimmer said coming forward smiling "We'll be back as soon as we can." she said looking to the others "Race you there..." she said to Rainbow grinning, before lighting her horn and dis-appertaining with a light 'Pop'.

"HEY!" Rainbow cried out getting light giggles from the others as she shot out of the window.


Deep with in the dark quiet Everfree Forest, a ball of light came into existence and with a 'Pop' and a flash, there now stood Starlight Glimmer laughing to herself lightly and then lit her horn and started looking around for any signs of the flowers.

Unknown to her however, there were a few pairs of eyes watching her.

"Now?" a voice whispered to the being next to them.

"Yes, before someone comes along and sees anything," the other said nodding to the being on their other side as well.

Starlight had just found the flowers and conjuring up a basket started picking them when she heard something.

"Hello?" she called out, making her horn glow a little brighter, but not wanting it to be too bright in case something noticed her.

Looking around, nervously Starlight saw a glowing green light coming from over by the bushes a little way off the path.

Putting the basket down, Starlight looked up into the sky for a sign of Rainbow Dash, after not finding her, she then heading towards the light to see what it was.

She had been following the light for a while and then something came out and attacked her.

Screaming, and dodging it Starlight turned around to run back to the flowers but that path was blocked by Changelings.

And not the now nice Changelings that ruled under Thorax, no these were the black more buggy ones that were evil and ruled under Chrysalis.

Before Starlight could lift her horn at them, they attacked, stunning her, and knocking her out.


"STARLIGHT?!" Rainbow Dash's voice called out when she finally got there spotting the basket and the flowers "Starlight now's not the time to be playing games..." Rainbow said slowly coming over to the basket looking around, getting nervous thanks to the silence.

Just then somepony came out of the shadows.

"Sorry Rainbow, I thought I heard something and went to see what it was," Starlight Glimmer said, her main back to it's old mane-style, returning to the flowers "Come on we need to get these picked and back to Canterlot remember."

Feeling something was off, but saying to herself that it can be seen to later Rainbow nodded and helped.

Author's Note:

STILL ALIVE!

Sorry it's taken so long to update this, I've been busy with other stories on other sites, (my short attention span doesn't really help either)

But thank you for being patient with me

No idea when the next one will be though... :fluttershyouch:

Comments ( 3 )

So this is now Cancelled.

8571880
Yes, yes it is sorry i just lost the feeling and the storyline

I mighttry again but don't get your hopes up

Login or register to comment