• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 846 Views, 9 Comments

To Where And Back After Shot - Ugly-Duckling123

  • ...
7
 9
 846

Chapter 3: Suspissions

All through the dinner, everyone not sure about The Belledam, kept an eye on her, especially Thorax.

Something about her seemed familiar, and for someone who was raised by an evil queen in a Hive that was separate from everyone that seemed a bit strange.

"So Miss Belledam," he said getting almost everyone's attention, since before he spoke there was silence because everyone was eating "Please tell us a little about these 'Gallopagos Islands'," he said seeing Princess Twilight sneakily handing her dragon assistant Spike a quill and some parchment.

"Well as I said Thorax, they're a bunch of new islands out at sea," she said helping herself to some spaghetti "My ponies and I made our home there, a few years ago when we were sailing and got caught in a storm there by ending up on those islands," she explained.

"Oh my I hope nopony, or possibly animal was hurt," Fluttershy commented pausing in eating her salad.

"No, no, no animals were hurt, but I myself did sprain my wing a little, and since I was the only Pegasus Pony in our little group, we couldn't send out for help," Belledam explained.

"How long have you been there, if I may ask?" Twilight asked curious as always.

"Only a few years, Princess Twilight," she replied.

"Oh and um, what kinds of little animals live there?" Fluttershy spoke up wondering.

"There are all types of wildlife there," Belledam replied "But to cut it down, there are birds, reptiles, fish in the sea, mammals, and lots of exotic and different types of plants."

"Like what?" Twilight asked excited.

"Oh there are too many to say Princess Twilight," Belledam said smiling a little "However I can show you some berries that came from one of the plants," she said bringing out a box from her bag "I thought I should bring them as a sort of hand out gift..." she said smiling.

As Thorax thought about this smile, and the way Belledam was acting, mostly about not knowing what exact animals live on her islands, he began to think back over all the schemes Chrysalis had cooked up over the years she had been Queen.

Seeing his face Starlight Glimmer gently leaned over and asked if anything was wrong.

"I'm not sure yet," he said in a whisper "But I don't trust her..." just then the box of berries was passed to him "And I definitely do not trust these so-called berries." he said picking one out and placing it to one side before passing the box along, whispering in Starlight's ear to 'Take one but don't eat it - pass it on.'

This only reached Starlight, Spike and the main six.

As the box returned to Belledam, she looked around making sure everybody had one before excusing herself saying she was very tired.

"Of course, would you like me to ask one of my guards to escort you to your room?" Celestia asked as Belldam stood up.

"Oh no thank you Princess Celestia," she said kindly "I'm sure I'll find it on my own. Goodnight."

And with that she left the room an unseeable grin on her face as she left.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took me so long to get this up...

I have a short attention span, writer's block, and a life away from this website

But if this can reach 20 likes before next week, I'll see if I can get the next Chapter up soon than I did this one.