• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 3,099 Views, 31 Comments

The Power Of Harmony: Lunar Prince - TheUnicornWriter



Nobody knows this but long ago Princess Luna had a young alicorn colt but she never saw him again when Nightmare Moon took over. But now that Nightmare is no longer around, how will her son Night Sky react and cope with his mother being Princess Luna

  • ...
5
 31
 3,099

First Day Of School

The sun had just risen over the horizon, and started to shine down upon the peaceful little town of Ponyville. The birds were chirping, and Luna was dragging Night Sky out of bed.

Luna in her Blue Moon form stood in a room with white walls, the ceiling was painted to show the night sky, and a soft blue carpet, one corner was filled with boxes and a unfinished wardrobe right next to it, in front of her was a small colt sized oak bed with power ponies covering, and sticking out from under the covers was a black short messy tail with a pure white streak going through it. "Thou hast one last warning" Luna warned, she still hadn't managed to properly stop using old Equestrian. She was instantly got her answer when a muffled no came from the covers.

"Thou hast been warned" Luna said, a blue light began to take the shape of a horn on her forehead and the same blue light began to cover the quilt, the quilt was instantly thrown aside to reveal a small colt with a short messy black mane and tail with a white streak going through them, his coat was a dark blue, his small wings were spread out, his small horn was covered up by his mane, and his face was buried into the pillow, he slowly raised his head and looked at his mother with tired blue eyes. "Do I have to go?" the colt know as Night Sky asked his mother, but she just stared at him with a blank face and replied with a simple "Yes". He dropped his face back into the pillow with a loud groan

Ponyville School House

Night Sky hid behind his mother, as they stood in front of the door that lead into the school house. "Sky, you can't hide behind me all day, you have to go inside" Luna said, trying to get the young colt out from behind her. "But what if they don't like or I d-" Night Sky said, but was cut off by his mother.

"Everything will be alright, my little star, just be yourself and everything will be okay" Luna reassured him, she gave him a small nuzzle and a light push towards the door. "I'll see you later, okay?" Luna said, and he gave her a small shy nod.

"Bye, mommy" Night Sky said to his mother as he approached the door to the classroom. "Goodbye little star, have a nice day and stay out of trouble" Luna waved goodbye to her son as he entered the classroom, closing the door behind him.

Miss Cheerliee stood at the front of the classroom with Night Sky just standing slightly behind her to her right. "Okay class, as you can see we have a new pony joining us today, his name is Night Sky and I want you all to make him feel welcome because this is his first day of public school" Miss Cheerliee introduced the small colt to the rest of the class.

Diamond Tiara looked the colt over and then started to look at him in disgust when she noticed that his hooves where muddy and that his mane and tail hadn't been brushed in what to look like years.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were interested by Night Sky since they heard a lot about him from Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow dash but had never met the young colt.

Miss Cheerliee directed Night Sky to a seat next to a earth pony colt called Button Mash who seemed to be playing on a GameColt, and a unicorn colt called Writer. Night Sky got along well with Button Mash and Writer since they all shared a love for video games and superhero movies.

After some time the end of school for the day was approaching which didn't seem too long to Night Sky. As he left the classroom with his new friends he saw his mother waiting for him, quickly saying goodbye to them, he ran up to his mother and gave her a hug.

"How was you day, my little star?" His mother asked as she smiled down at him, returning the hug with all the love she could muster. "It was great mummy" the little colt said to his mother, and so they set down the road heading home. Luna trotting at an normal speed, while Night Sky bounced beside her, telling her all about his day at school.

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't been able to update :twilightblush: I've been busy studying since I had GCSE exams to pass which I failed so I just retaked him.

Comments ( 5 )

Update anytime soon?

With great tears of sadness. I must call this story DEAD... It was a great story and would loved to see it finished, but the reality is what it is. With nothing from the writer in over 4 years their nothing more we can do besides morn the loss of another story to the void.

I wish it's story updates please

Login or register to comment