• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 3,099 Views, 31 Comments

The Power Of Harmony: Lunar Prince - TheUnicornWriter



Nobody knows this but long ago Princess Luna had a young alicorn colt but she never saw him again when Nightmare Moon took over. But now that Nightmare is no longer around, how will her son Night Sky react and cope with his mother being Princess Luna

  • ...
5
 31
 3,099

The Summer Sun Celebration Part 1

1000 years ago (Luna's Pov)

All that I have done, doing, and will do, will be for my young colt, Night Sky so he can have a future where he will never have to see how cruel the world can be.

As my sister casted the spell's to active the Elements of Harmony, I casted my own spell thinking that they wouldn't be at full power without me, making my magic on par with it's own magic but I was wrong. So as the Element's rainbow beam drew nearer, I saw my son in the corner crying his heart out, it pained me to see that the once energetic colt who was always happy no matter what crying, I soon regretted all of this, but it was to late, but to keep him safe and happy I tried to tell my sister to look after him but knowing that I didn't have the time to tell him I screamed out his name "Night Sky!" Those were my final words on Equestria that day.

(Celestia's Pov)

Just before I sent my dear little sister Lulu, who was corrupted by this 'Nightmare Moon' I heard her scream out a name "Night Sky" and soon after came the cries of a foal near by could be heard. When I looked to where I heard the crying coming from and I noticed a young alicorn colt with a dark blue coat, almost black, a black mane and tail with a white streak going through them, and his eyes were so much like Luna's, a light blue, the lightest blue you could get. This must have been Night Sky, so if he is then this would most likely be her son, making him my nephew. I walked over to the colt whilst noticing that my mane and tail started to turn pink meaning that I used up most of my magic. I kneeled down in front of the colt and draped one of my wings around him.

"It's going to be alright, I promise" I cooed the colt to sleep, and to make sure that he will not be sadden by what happened I wiped his memory expect a faint image of Luna singing a lullaby called 'Come Little Children', removed his horn and putted him into a stasis pod made out of magic which will wake him up for when am sure his mother will return, 1000 years.

999 years later

Today is the day where I must put the last part of my plan into motion by sending Night Sky to Ponyville to live with the local animal caretaker, Fluttershy but only for a year.

(Night Sky's Pov)

Hello my name is Night Sky, and I have amnesia for about a year now and Fluttershy, the mare am staying with for now is helping me to get back my memory but the only thing that I can remember about my parents are a mare which I think is a unicorn or a Pegasus, I can't tell because it's too fuzzy, she has a mane that looks like it was created out of the Night Sky (pun not intended), a dark blue coat which is almost dark as mine, the mare was singing a song but I can only remember half of it but whenever I hear her sing it, I feel like nothing can hurt me.
Anyway today is the Summer Sun Celebration and my job is to help the overseer from Canterlot around Ponyville and to make sure that they don't get lost, so basically am going to be spending most of my day with a stranger when I could be trying to get my cutie mark.

I walk into the town center where the pony from Canterlot is meant to be arriving at by chariot. As I was waiting a golden chariot comes down and lands a couple of hoofs away from me. A lavender unicorn and a purple baby dragon, when the chariot left the dragon said something to the mare and pointed at Pinkie Pie, the mare walks towards Pinkie Pie much like Fluttershy would, I could make out a faint "Hi" in a nervous manner clearly showing that the mare has very little social interactions. As normally Pinkie shoots up into the air and zooms off leaving the mare and dragon confused.

I walk up to them and said "Excuse me" the mare and dragon look at me.

"Oh hello, how may I help you?" the mare greeted, as she said this her face changed from a nervous one to a kind and comforting one, you know the ones that a parent would show towards their child.

"Am Night Sky, I assume you'll be over seeing the preparations of the Summer Sun Celebration" I said to her almost sound like a genius which is very different from what I am.

"Yes I am, my name is Twilight Sparkle and the dragon next to me is Spike, it's a pleasure to meet you Night Sky" Twilight says and Spike just gives my a small wave.

"Anyway as am sure you know that somepony will be your guide today in Ponyville in case you get lost, and I'll be your guide" I informed them, they looked a little bit surprised when they realised that a colt would be showing them around. "So where to first?" I ask.

A moment Later (No Pov)

The trio arrives at Sweet Apple Acres, a place where Apple trees can be seen as far as the eye can see. A "Yeehaw!" caught their attention. They saw a orange earth, with a blond mane and a cowboy hat, gallop up to a tree and buck it, causing the apples to fall down and land in the buckets bellow.

"Hey AppleJack!" Night Sky shouted waving at the earth pony now known as AppleJack. AppleJack looked at the group and smiled, the cowpony began to trot over to the group.

"Howdy, Night Sky how's the memory recovering going?" AppleJack asked Night Sky, which peaked Twilight's interest. He must have amnesia but that's almost unheard of.

AppleJack looks at Twilight and Spike "Who are ya friends Night Sky?" AppleJack asked interested in who are the unicorn and dragon.
"This is Twilight Sparkle and Spike, they're here to check on the preparations" Night Sky informed AppleJack.

Sometime Later (Night Sky's Pov)

We had finally finished checking over the preparations, Twilight and Spike learned that I had no family and the closet thing I had to a family was Fluttershy who was following us but I told her to go to the surprise welcome party ahead of us, who I saw as a big sister along side Rainbow Dash, Pinkie who they found out was the pink mare that they met, AppleJack, and Rarity. "Thank you, Night Sky for showing us around don't know where we'll be with out you, and I hope you find your family soon" Twilight said sounding concerned.

"Don't worry Twi, if it's hope I got plenty of it" I said not wanting Twilight to be sad over silly little me, we walk inside because I told Twilight that Pinkie most likely threw a party inside. She was kind of mad at first but when I told her that Pinkie only does it to make you feel at ease here in Ponyville, she calmed down.

So when we walked in side, a moment later the lights were turned on and Pinkie jumped up in front of us out of nowhere shouting "Surprise"