• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 590 Views, 28 Comments

Inquisitor of the Moon - Snowliasion



The Princesses, though powerful can't be everywhere at once. To aid them, the Inquisitors were formed to take action against dark arts where the princesses could not reach.

  • ...
2
 28
 590
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 5 )

First of all, I want to say that I am glad that this story is continuing and that you are back to writing!

However, there is something that occurred to me here. This guy apparently wasn't trying to take over the world or anything: he just wanted his family back. Is necromancy really so terrible that it necessitates sending in what apparently essentially amounts to a one-pony black ops team to wipe them all out? Granted, the cliche villain kind of enforces the "necromancy=bad" idea, but it's not enough to really convince me that it's bad, or provide any real evidence for that argument. All that we're really told is that for some reason, it's just inherently evil.

Also, I have a bit of an issue with Nightshade turning out to be bi. I don't have any issue with the trait itself, but within the story, it just feels like it's left dangling: a premise with no real conflict and no resolution. It's just kinda...there.

Criticisms aside, this all looks pretty good! Your character Nightshade is multi-faceted and skilled and sympathetic as a character, and her death was certainly tragic. I am interested to see how her daughter will rise up afterwards!

8773420
Josi she didn't, read it again, there was a reason Nightshade thought she was, there are a few hints which might tell you why Moonstreak and Melodia had such an effect on her. :twilightsmile:

Secondly, dark magic of any kind no matter the reason is forbidden, necromancy dishonors the dead and goes against all rules of nature, the necromancer knew this so should not have been surprised to be paid a visit by an Inquisitor

8774124
1. Ah, right, fair point. Should've read a bit more carefully.

2. Mm, okay, that's fair, I guess. I can go with dark magic being inherently bad because it's such an established trope.

Glad to see this continue, albeit I have to admit, I was in need of refreshing my mind about the previous chapters.

Also, great fight and... rather unexpected, but somewhat fair ending. Curious how this will continue! :ajsmug:

8779185
Thank you, I usually write what inspires me so sorry it took a bit. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment