• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,086 Views, 71 Comments

Death Note: Alight Equestria - DeviousNights



"No matter how smart you are, you alone cannot change the world". This is contrary to the beliefs of Maj. Nightmare Moonlit, who plans to do just that with a mysterious black notebook.

  • ...
7
 71
 1,086

Vivant Moonlit

Attorney General Sawyer slicked his mane back with some petroleum jelly that lie in a gray canister on his desk. Ever since the data deletion incident, he's had to work all day and all night in order to keep the place running. The source of that error never could be found out, but there was a very good suspicion that it had been carried out by this 'L' pony.

Lawrence tapped his hoof onto his desk impatiently, waiting for his expensive laptop to boot up, before a knock at his door snapped him out of his focus.

"Come in." Lawrence answered the knock, moving the computer from the center of the desk to the side as he crossed his front hooves on top of his desk in a very business-like manner.

An unicorn entered the room levitating a large stack of files with a few papers taped to the top of them. She was on the taller end of ponies, and she wore a large set of lens. Her mane was a dark shade of purple, with dark green tips on the ends, and her eyes were a deep red. Her coat was a dark gray color, with an unnaturally vibrant yellow and black bumblebee cutie mark plastered on her flank.

"Ah, you are the new secretary correct?" Lawrence greeted her warmly, extending his hoof for a hoofshake.

"That would be the truth, yes. It is nice to finally make your acquaintance." She responded, returning the smile, though hers was a lot more sullen than his, as if something was actually bothering her. Lawrence sensed this, but decided against saying anything, considering though she was hired a week ago the two had just now recently met.

"And to what do I owe the honors? Actually no, your name, if I may?" Sawyer started, before stopping himself, almost forgetting formalities.

"Vivant Moonlit, Chief Starshooter's younger sister."

"Attorney General Lawrence Sa- wait a minute did you just say Moonlit?"

"Yes. I do realize my family has a somewhat dark past of trying to take over Equestria but I do hope this doesn't get in the way of us-"

"No, no, not at all. I do have a question however. You wouldn't happen to know Nightmare and Dahlia Moonlit would you?" Lawrence questioned a bit intrusively. He wrapped his pure gold magic aura around the doorknob and whisked it shut, then returning his focus to the observant Vivant.

"Nightmare? I haven't heard from him in a long time. Last I've heard he's not doing anything but sitting in a run down shack in charge of a convenience store." Vivant Moonlit responded in a somewhat mocking tone, obviously not having very much respect for her cousin.

Lawrence almost puffed out his cheeks, having to contain his laughter.

"I don't know where you heard that from! He's now the Commanding General of the Equestrian Military."

Vivant lowered herself into one of the seats that Lawrence had set up facing him. She crossed her hooves in front of her. She didn't like having to sit in seats, as she didn't really think much of having her privates exposed in the position she was sitting in.

"That's interesting considering him and Celestial have a long lived hatred towards each other. It sounds like it would take a lot for him to be put in charge of anything, in fact, I'm surprised he even passed the Bar in the first place considering that State Prosecutor Bars have to go through Celestia herself."

Lawrence looked into a different direction, cracking his neck in the process. "Yeah. I know."

"Anyways, I brought a couple of reports that details some missing ponies, one of which is actually Princess Twilight Sparkle." Vivant started, taking the bow off of the stack of papers and beginning to assort them to where Lawrence could easily see them.

"Oh really? They still haven't located her?"

Vivant rolled her eyes. "If they had located her in pretty confident I would not be filing a report regarding her disappearance."

Lawrence chuckled about, noticing how close her personality was to Nightmare's. He also began to silently laugh at the idea of the two talking to each other, as he figured two condescending personalities would make a pretty funny mix.

"With half due respect, I don't think the disappearance of a Princess is very funny." Vagrant said with an obvious sound of annoyance in her voice.

"Ha.. your a brave one." Lawrence commented. She was scraping the line of being an asshole at this point. He smiled at the thought. "Anyways, who else is amongst these missing ponies?"

"Two fillies who were close acquaintances of Princess Twilight, actually. One Sweetie Belle, and one Scootaloo." Vivant said, using her dark gray aura to open up two specific files with pictures of the two missing ponies paper clipped at the front.

Lawrence winced at the mention of Sweetie Belle's name, considering what he heard had transpired a while ago conceding Sweetie Belle, Nightmare, Sycamore, and the Princesses. He shook it off, sliding the pile of reports over to himself.

"According to the Police over at Hoovington, a search team is scouring the area around the forest nicknamed 'Whispy Woods' by locals, and it seems apparent that they have no intention of searching the thick foliage themselves. She had reportedly been last seen by her friend Applebloom."

"Reason for that being what exactly?" Lawrence asked, raising an eyebrow at the revelation.

"I cannot say for sure, as I do not know myself. I don't agree with it though. She could have wandered into those woods and gotten lost that way.

"My new question, what were those two fillies doing all the way in Hoovington anyhow?"

"That, as well, is open to interpretation. It's coincidental that you mentioned Nightmare Moonlit earlier, it seems that that is the very ponies house that the two fillies had tried to enter."

"Wait a second, they tried to break into Nightmare's house?" The surprised attorney general asked, now uncrossing his hooves and putting them both to his sides.

"According to Applebloom, yes. They think Nightmare may have something to do with Sweetie Belle's disappearance, and now Applebloom believe that Nightmare himself is also responsible for the disappearance of Scootaloo. Nightmare has turned into quite the fetishist." Vivant commented, tightening her crossed legs.

Yet another knock then came to the door, Lawrence answering it with the same greeting that he had given Vivant.

"It sure has been a good minute since I've been here, eh, Attorney General?"

And with that familiar mix of a deep tone and a mocking voice, the oh so peculiar presence of the new King of Equestria strolled into the office, followed by one Colonel Sweet Pen, and another Colonel Heaveswood.

"Ah true it has King Gavin! What's been keeping you away?" The elated attorney asked, rising from his seat and promptly walking over to greet the new king. He grabbed his hoof and shook it up and down quickly, playing the part of the best friend whom the other hasn't seen in a long time very nicely.

"Becoming a king has come with a lot of work, some of that work bringing me here. I would like you to properly retire Colonel Heaveswood not only as Chief of Police, but also the Officer in Charge of the Kira Investigation Unit." Gavin replied, stepping aside so that Colonel Heaveswood would come into full view.

"Ah yes. Colonel Heaveswood. Are you prepared for your resignation and meritorious discharge promotion?"

~

"Lord."

The word reverberated through a dark chamber. It was located in a corner of the mountain that bordered the Everfree Forest. It was decently hidden, you would have to go through a hidden underground passageway in the absolute middle of the forest in order to travel to the chamber, and even then, there were many branching paths, and only those of the Cult of Kira knew the correct pathway.

The chamber was filled with twenty Cult of Kira members, hoods cloaking all of their bodies aside from Starshooter and Dahlia, who stood at the front of their respective ends of the crowd.

"I have brought the sacrifices." A deep voice said, entering the chamber with two bodies wrapped in a blue blanket. He allowed them to rest onto the ground in front of him as he looked through his own hood, his deep red and black eyes seeming to shine in the dimly lit cavern.

"Ryuuk. Prepare the Note Deal." Nightmare declared, now pulling out a familiar gray notebook, scribbling both Twilight and Scootaloo's names into it and underlining them three times.

The two bodies then began to float into midair and were surrounded by a blackness that seemed to come from nowhere and envelope the two, it then zipping right into the floating Shinigami's claws.

"Be right back." Ryuuk proclaimed, promptly disappearing.

Author's Note:

As always, comments are appreciated, constructive criticism as well. I apologize for the hiatus between chapters