• Published 29th Sep 2016
  • 3,357 Views, 122 Comments

Lord Of ARMs - Xenoguyver



Displaced story. Guy went to his first ever con as what he thought of as one of the coolest but not so well known characters in video games. Then, he ended up in Equestria. What the hell just happend?

  • ...
12
 122
 3,357

Chaper 4

Author's Note:

Okay everyone. Here is chapter 4, my obviously LONGEST chapter so far (sure surprised the hell out of me that it got this big.) and I hope you enjoy it.

Just a heads up, there is a bit of a..... 'heavy' scene in this chapter.

Constructive Criticism, reviews and comments are, as usual, very much appreciated.

And again, thanks to cyberlord4444 for being my beta reader.

I do NOT claim the ownership of MLP:FIM or anything from Wild ARMs franchises. Again, I am just writing this for fun.

The fact that others enjoy this? Bonus.

Ponyville
several hours after Nightmare Moon's defeat

Guy groaned softly as he woke up as he rubbed his face and eyes to get rid of the remaining sleep dust. "Oh man. What a cool dream. I ended up in Equestria, turned into Knight Blazer and beat Nightmare Moon." He said with a sigh. "Ah I would have really had fun if it was real." He said to himself. He blinked and looked around in confusion as he saw he was NOT in his bedroom. The unfamiliar surroundings made him more awake than a cup of super strong coffee.

"What the?" He said as he looked around. He saw that he was in a circular room, surrounded by shelves of books. He looked down and saw he was laying on a couch, but he was also wearing an outfit he did not remember ever wearing before in his life. "What?" He then remembered what happend to him before. "Holy crap! It wasn't a dream!" Guy whispered to himself.

"You're awake!" He heard a feminine voice speak up. He looked to his right and saw a pink face with curly pink hair less then a foot away from his own face. "GAH!" Guy yelped out as he rolled over to his left and fell off the couch. He landed on the floor with a thump, face down. He laid there for a few seconds then said just one muffled word in a flat tone. "ow." The pink thing he saw a few seconds ago giggled and helped him up. Guy looked at the pink thing and saw it was a pink anthropomorphic pony. A female one at that if her chest and figure was anything to go by. But it was her face, hairstyle and voice that helped him recognize her.

"P-Pinkie Pie?" Guy asked in wonder and confusion. The now identified Pinkie Pie blinked a few times in confusion herself then smiled widely. "Wow! You know my name? And I didn't even introduce myself! Cool! Are you psychic? What am I thinking right now? What is my favorite color? What is my favorite hobby? What-" Guy then interrupted her by putting one of his hands over her mouth. "Whoa. Slow down there Pinkie. Just let me get my bearings for a moment please. Also, no I am NOT a psychic. I WILL explain how I know your name." Pinkie just nodded energetically and Guy removed his hand, looking around the room.

'Looks like I'm in Twilight's home, the Golden Oaks Library. Wait....' Guy thought to himself and then his eyes widened as he made a realization. 'The dream last night. Only it WASN'T a dream! I really am in Equestria. And I actually turned into Knight Blazer. And I beat Nightmare Moon! What the hell is going on here?' Guy thought in confusion and a bit of fear.

"Ah. Looks like Pinkie was right. You ARE awake." Guy looked to a nearby doorway and saw several other humanoid ponies. Guy blinked a few times when he saw them. He saw Luna, Celestia, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy standing in the doorway to the kitchen if the stove in the room behind them was anything to go by. "Um, hi there? My name is Guy. Nice to meet you all. Mind telling me how I got here?"

Luna walked up to Guy. "Of course, but first we....I would like to thank you in what my sister tells me is the proper way for saving me." Guy blinks in confusion but shrugged. "No problem. Just doing what was MMPH!" He said but was interrupted when Luna grabbed his shoulders, lifted him off the ground and gave him a searing, but simple kiss. At that moment, Guy's brain went blank in shock from the surprise kiss.

Behind her, Celestia was giggling with a mischievous look on her face, Rainbow was laughing her butt off, Applejack just grinned,Rarity and Fluttershy blushed at the sight, Twilight stared with a gobsmacked look while Pinkie just smiled widely. A few seconds later, Luna broke the kiss and blushed prettily and bashfully. "I.....thank you for helping us defeat Nightmare Moon." Guy just stared in shock for a few seconds and shook his head to clear his mind. "Um, like I said, no problem. I was just doing what was right. Also, you did NOT have to kiss me. A hug would have been fine."

Luna blinked a few times in confusion. "But Celestia told me that to best way to thank a knight that saved me was to give him a kiss." Guy looked at her then at Celestia. He saw the look on Celestia's face and made a realization. "I think your sister was just messing with you Luna." Luna blinked and turned to look at her sister. When she saw the look on Celestia's face, she blushed an intense red in embarrassment while giving Celestia a glare. Celestia just giggled and smile at Luna. "Come Luna. It was all in good fun. Besides, I never said it had to be on the lips." Celestia said. Luna just blushed even redder at what her sister said.

Guy shook his head and looked at them all. "Look, I'm sure you have some questions. Let's get them out of the way, because I have a feeling I am going to need to get used to things here soon." As soon as he finished saying that, Twilight was suddenly in front of him with a borderline manic look on her face while she held a quill and parchment in her hands. Guy knew he was going to get a barrage of questions soon.

'Better nip THAT in the bud.' Guy thought to himself and let out a sigh. "Look, first we should all introduce ourselves. Also, keep in mind, I will answer JUST a few questions." Guy said as he pointed at Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. "You will have to save the rest for another time. Okay?" Twilight looked a bit disappointed hearing that. Before she could speak up, Celestia walked up and put a hand on Twilight's shoulder, a warm smile on her face. "Of course. We have never seen a being such as you before, so it stands to reason that you would want some space to breath and get used to your new surroundings." Celestia said as Guy nodded to her in thanks.

"Anyway, my name's Guy. Nice to meet you all." Guy said with a friendly grin. At least he hoped it was a friendly grin. Celestia smiled warmly and nodded to him. "I am Princess Celestia. You've met my sister, Princess Luna." Celestia said with a grin, causing both Luna and Guy to blush.

Celestia giggled a bit. "This is my student, Twilight Sparkle." Celestia said, gesturing to Twilight. "Hello." Twilight said as Celestia proceeded to introduce the others, getting various greetings from them. Guy nodded and smiles at them, returning the greetings. He then sighed and sat down on the couch. "Okay then. Ask your questions. But like I said, just a few for now please."

Rainbow Dash spoke up with the first question. "What was that armored form of yours? It was awesome!" Guy chuckled and grinned at her. "Thanks. That was not just an armor, but a full on transformation. At least as far as I know. In that form, I am called Knight Blazer. And like I said before, I inherited it. I guess." He said, the last few words confusing the others.

"What do you mean 'you guess'?" Applejack asked. Guy looked at her and shrugged. "Before I got to this world, I didn't have that power. I come from a different world. I wore it to a convention as a costume originally, bought some items at said convention, then blacked out, woke up in this world in my Protoblazer form, then I blacked out again, woke up again with you girls on the ground and Nightmare Moon about to kill you and then, well, you saw the rest of the story. And now here we are." Guy said. The info about him being from another world had Twilight gain a giddy look on her face.

Twilight then spoke up. "Oh my! Another world? How exciting! What can you tell me about it?" Guy chuckles and shakes his head. "Should have known you would go for that. Can't tell you much about my world. To me, it was just home. And I am not one for being able to describe things well. Besides, I didn't exactly go out much." Guy chuckles some more and looks down at himself. "Besides, I was not exactly 'Prince Charming' in looks back in my world. So my current looks, to me, are a major improvement."

"Oh surely you couldn't have looked THAT bad." Rarity asked. Guy gave Rarity a flat look. "Rarity, back in my world, I was 29 years old, almost 300 pounds and that was NOT muscle, had a receding hairline and had so much hair growing on my body that my upper torso looked like I was pretty much GROWING a sweater. Combine that with my lack of self esteem, then compare that to what I look like now." Rarity blinked a few times and cringed at the image Guy had painted of himself. "Alright, I can see why you would say that your current looks are an improvement." She said, Guy nodding in thanks. He looks at the others and smiled at them. "Sorry about that. Anymore questions?"

Pinkie then spoke up with a wide grin on her face. "You said my name earlier and I hadn't been introduced yet. How did you know that?" Guy chuckled and shrugged. "Well for one thing, in my world, you all are fictional characters." That got a collective look of confusion from them all. Guy then spoke up. "Well, according to the Multiverse Theory, anything that exists has to have either parallels, and anything that is fiction in one world HAS to be real in another reality. At least that is what I got from it when I read up on it once." Guy said. Most of the girls nodded in understanding.

Rainbow had a somewhat confused look on her face so Guy spoke up. "Dash, look at it this way. Your favorite fictional character, whether they are a superhero or a plain adventurer, they may not exist in THIS reality, but they DO exist in another reality. There is just a..........wall, or a powerful dimensional barrier separating this reality from that one." Guy tried to best explain. Rainbow Dash nodded as she understood that at least. But she then blinked and stared at Guy. "Wait, if that is so, how are YOU here?" she asked, causing Guy to sigh and he looked at them all with a somewhat scared look.

"Honestly, I don't know. Hell, as far as I know, by all rights I should be DEAD." Guy said as that caused everyone's eyes to widen at that. "Why do you say that?" Applejack asked. Guy looked around and saw a couple pieces of blank paper. He grabbed them and held them up, showing them to the girls. "Okay, here is an example. This paper represents MY original reality." He said as he shook the paper in his left hand. "And this one represents this reality. Your world." He shook the paper in his right. He saw that the girls were following, confused on why he is going through the explanation all over again.

Guy then pressed the papers against each other. "Now, are they both a single piece of paper?" He asked them, confusing them more, until Twilight's eyes widened and she spoke up. "No. They are not, because there is still the 'space' between them!" Guy nods and puts the papers back where he put them. "And THAT 'space' is the barrier. Some more 'fantastical' theories is that the so called "dimensional barrier" is more of a void. In this one series, it was called "The Dimensional Void", and if a being of any reality was to go to this Void, their body would be badly effected by the "corrosive" power of the Void. And it can connect to ANY reality in existence." Guy said with a shrug. "So even if it was a wall, or a Void, either way, I should be dead." Guy looked at them all with as serious a look he can manage. "The fact that I'm alive is a sheer miracle as far as I'm concerned. Either that, or I had some help. How, I don't know. The fact is, it is impossible for me to go home at this point in time."

Guy looked at Celestia and Luna. "How long was I under? Before I turned into Knight Blazer? Because I remember being first surrounded by frightened people, er ponies, then I was attacked by your Royal Knights, blanked out for a bit, but I VAGUELY remember seeing you two together. The next thing I know, I wake up seeing Nightmare Moon and...well.....here we are. And I KNOW that Luna, as Nightmare Moon was sealed into the moon for a thousand years. So again....how long was I under?" Guy asked them. Luna then spoke up while her right hand grabbed her left arm and rubbed it in nervousness. "You were.....sealed for 1500 years." She said.

Guy had a pained look on his face when he heard that. "I........I need to sit down." He went back to the couch and sat down, his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, his body language telling Celestia and Luna that he is very obviously upset. After a few minutes, Guy looked up at them all, some tears in his eyes and a sad look on his face. "1500 years. Than that means the likely-hood of my home being the same is most likely nonexistent." He said. Pinkie's hair went flat and her colors became muted as she got a bad feeling about what Guy was going to say next. "Whether the 'speed' of time is the same between the two worlds or not, it does not matter. My old home, my family, my friends, my pets......there is a very good chance that they are all gone. Dead. And here I am, alive and well." Guy gave out a morbid laugh as he leaned back on the couch. "It's pretty damn depressing to think about, but I guess.........what I'm really upset about is how I haven't been able to at least say goodbye to them." He said with a tone of voice that sounded like he could start sobbing. Luna and Fluttershy walked up and wrapped him in their arms and wings, both of them trying to give him some comfort. Guy just reacted, wrapping his arms around them. He lowered his head and started sobbing softly. Everything finally hitting him, especially the chances of him going home being nonexistent.

After a few minutes, he manages to calm down. He notices what looked like a handkerchief being held out to him. He looked up and saw Rarity offering it to him. He smiled at her and gently took it. "Thank you Rarity." He said. Rarity just smiled at him. He used it to clean his face up as best as he could. He felt nervous about trying to give it back to her after making a mess on it, but Rarity saw and smiled at him.

"It's okay. You can keep it darling. And, I think I speak for all of us when I saw, we may not know what you are feeling right now, but we can at least understand HOW you are feeling right now." Rarity said, and Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Applejack all nodded in agreement with Rarity. Guy smiled at them all. "Thank you. All of you." Guy chuckled a bit and shook his head a bit. "Sorry. Thinking of heavy things like that tends to really get to me. How about a change of subject? You all have anymore questions?" Guy asked them.

Luna then spoke up as she asked him "I have a question. You said that you believed that 'everything has a balance' correct? What did you mean by that?" Guy chuckled and nodded at her. "I do believe in that. Like I said, Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Life and Death, Day and Night, Order and Chaos. Those are things that are examples of things that balance each other. Too much of one or the other can lead to bad effects. For example, too much daylight, leads to lack of water. Lack of water leads to lack of food. Lack of food leads to starvation, which combined with the lack of water leading to dehydration, would end up leading to a LOT of dead people, er ponies." He said as an example to them.

Everyone here is an example of a balance. You are all nice people, er ponies, jeez I need to get used to the terminology here. Anyway, as nice as you all are, you all have a "negative" quality about you as well. Whether it is being selfish about something or other in one way or another. I think that Nightmare Moon was the manifestation of your more darker and selfish side Luna." He saw that Luna got upset at hearing that. "Before you get upset about it, I think the only reason it got that bad that you turned into Nightmare Moon is because you most likely didn't talk with Celestia about it correct?" Guy asked her. Luna nodded and Guy smiled at that. "Your time as Nightmare Moon is an example of how holding in your darker side is not healthy for you OR others around you. Believe me, I've made the same mistake myself a fair number of times. It just shows that you are not perfect, and that as long as you talk to others about it, then you would be able to control your darker impulses from being self destructive."

Luna looked at Guy for a few seconds, thinking about what he said. She them smiled and hugged him again. "Thank you Guy." She said. Guy just smiled and returned the hug. "No problem Luna." Guy then looked at the others. "I can say that my second battle with Nightmare Moon would have been easier if I had a better weapon. Speaking of my second fight with Nightmare Moon...." Guy looked at Luna. "How the hell was she separated from you Luna?" he asked in confusion.

Luna shrugged, just as baffled. "I was telling Celestia and the others how I felt like someone was..... I guess 'antagonizing' my darker side. Like quiet whispers in the back of my mind. She then spoke up saying how it was more like I was 'cursed' to turn into her." Luna said. Guy got a rather thoughtful, but worried look on his face. "That's......not a good thing. And I get the feeling that it is probably one of the biggest understatements so far." Guy said with a tone of voice to match the look on his face.

It was at that moment, Spike the Baby Dragon, Twilight's little brother/Number One Assistant, came down carrying the Twin Fenrir in their holsters. "Hey Twilight, what are we going to do with these things?" Everyone looked at him and Guy saw the Twin Fenrir. His eyes widened at the sight of them. "Holy..........You kept my Twin Fenrir?" Guy stood up and walked over to Spike. Spike backed up and held the ARMs behind him. Guy stopped and held his hands up. "Whoa, easy there tough guy. I just wanted to look at my Twin Fenrir is all." Guy said. Spike looked at him suspiciously. He looked at Celestia and Twilight. Celestia just smiled warmly and nodded at him. Spike pulled the Twin Fenrir out from behind him and gave them to Guy. Guy grinned at Spike and nodded to him. "Thanks man." Spike smiled back at Guy as Guy took the ARMs.

Guy was surprised at how.....'different' they felt. 'That's odd. They weigh the same and feel the same as when I bought them, but they feel...... different.....heavier almost despite still weighing the same. How? Guy thought to himself. The Twin Fenrir started to glow, surprising him and everyone around him. "What the?" Guy exclaimed in shock. He then heard a voice in his head that was not Lord Blazer. This new voice was mechanical, robotic. "Resonance recognized. Registering Guy Ryugen as sole owner slash user of ARMs Nanotechnology Colony. Currently set for default form classified as Twin Fenrir.

Guy's eyes widened at that and yelled out. "WHAT!?" Guy's shout startled everyone around him. Soon the glow around the Twin Fenrir faded away and they laid in his hands, inert. But Guy knew what just happend. His ARM has essentially 'evolved' from a simple pair of guns and knew things were happening too quickly and too close together to be coincidence. He looks at the girls with a serious look on his face and told them what he just heard in his head.

Twilight almost looked giddy, while everyone else looked confused. Rainbow then spoke up. "Okay, I get how it said that you are its only owner and user, but what's the big deal about it?" Guy sighed and went to sit back down on the couch. "The big deal is this Dash. First, answer me this. Do you guys have video games?" Guy asked Dash, and got a nod from her. Guy was somewhat relieved because it would make his explanation easier. "Remember when I said how I was at a convention dressed up as Knight Blazer? Knight Blazer is from this video game series called Wild ARMs, and these weapons are named Twin Fenrir, but they are a weapon called an ARM. The word ARM is actually an acronym, but the definitions of what the words that make up the acronym ARM is always different in each game, but they generally are simply a name for a WEAPON! Things that are designed to either maim or kill. POWERFUL and CRAZY dangerous weapons." Guy sat down on the couch again. "The fact it said that instead of being just plain twin guns and is more of a "Nanotechnology Colony" tells me that these might have more shapeshifting capabilities. That is what ARMs were in the fourth game. As far as I know, I might have the equivalent of an entire army's firepower in my hands here with these weapons." He said, that last statement caused everyone to widen their eyes in shock and stare rather fearfully at the seemingly harmless items in a new light.

Guy looked at his Twin Fenrir as he finally realized why they seemed 'heavier'. They represented great danger, great potential for destruction. But he then remembered something. An old phrase from a popular comic book series. One that inspired the hero of said series. 'With great power, comes great responsibility.' Guy thought to himself. He stood up and looked at everyone around him with a serious look on his face. "I need to train. A lot. I want to use all my power, both of my ARM and my power as Knight Blazer to protect those that need it but I need serious training."

Celestia and Luna smiled warmly at Guy for this resolution he reached. Everyone else smiled at him as well. Guy then looked at the holsters for the Twin Fenrir that Spike was still holding, then back at the Twin Fenrir. "Hey Spike, I think the holsters you have for these is going to be a bit redundant." Spike blinked a few times and tilted his head to the side. "Why do you say that?" Spike asked. Guy looked at the Twin Fenrir and focused on them. There is a small flash of light and they were gone. Guy nodded at that. "Thought so. Because of them being a 'colony' bonded to me, I can probably 'command' them on a certain level. As far as I know, they are probably in a subspace pocket only I can call them from. You can keep the holsters Spike. I get the feeling you can find a better use for them than I can right now." Spike looked at the holsters and shrugged.

Guy chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of his neck. "Now I just need to figure out how to train in the use of my power." Before anyone else could speak up, a portal had appeared under him which caused him to fall into it with loud shout of "WHOA!". Before anyone could react to try and save him, the portal closed up and disappeared leaving everyone standing in stunned shock at what had happend.

Little did they all know, that Guy was about to get the training he wished for, and much more.