• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,715 Views, 69 Comments

Soarin, My Changeling - Orangeblossom1212



Soarin and Rainbow Dash are in love. Will Soarin's secret get in the way, will it cause mayhem? Will what he truly is cause him to loose Rainbows trust forever. And will he even ever tell her how diffrent he really is?

  • ...
7
 69
 1,715

Regret, Pain And Idea....

Author's Note:

Hi everypony!:scootangel:
I know I said I wasn't going to update this until my other story was finished..... but I just published two more chapters for that story. So I decided to work on this on a little and take a break. I'm sorry but don't expect regular updates until my other story is complete!
Thank You!
-Orangeblossom1212

P.S. I worked really hard on the grammar! Is it okay? Please comment!!!:unsuresweetie:

I stood there in front of the mirror staring at myself. I was wearing my wonderbolts official cocaptin uniform. And what I hoped was a formal tie. I was hoping to impress Rainbow Dash, Okay Soarin you can do this! I told myself in my mind. All you need to do is go up and talk to her! Come on don't be such a wimp! "I've fought for equestria a million times, lived through deadly stunt flying crashes and more! I can do something as easy as talking to a mare!" I finally said out loud

I sighed and let my eyes drift towards the window. Oh Rainbow, seven years, it's been seven years scents I've really seen you, danced with you. Hopefully tonight will be different. I never even wrote to you or made time to read the letters you sent. By the time I actually went through all the fan mail and found it... I always told myself I was to tired and I'd do it tomorrow. That maybe I'd tell you my secret. The thing I've been debating ever scents I laid an eye on you. Rainbow I was afraid, I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. But time flew by Rainbow, it flew by so fast.

I didn't know how to respond. The thought of telling you made me feel sick. Telling you that I was diffrent. Still I never told you. I never even read any of your letters. When you stopped sending them though, that's what really hurt. Not feeling like I had contact with you. That I blew my one chance. Knowing you probably felt like I abandoned you. All because I never took just a minute to even bother replying. I never read them. Except for the ride here I, read them then I thought to myself. All of them dated and read in order from when I received them.

There were about six months worth of letters one every week. The first few were all excited and happy. Updating on all the stuff you was doing and how collage was going, asking about the bolts. As the letters continued they started to ask if I was okay. Why I hadn't responded and to please write back. But then letter after letter they got worse. They started asking if I even remembered her. If I no longer cared about her because I was a Wonderbolt. Asking if now I only thought of her as just another fangirl. But then the very last letter, it was a letter informing me that her Father has died.

The only family Rainbow had ever sense she was a filly. Any pony who knew her knew how important friends and family were to her. Nothing was more important! Why wouldn't it be? She used to be a filly who was all alone in the world. This is such the life of an orphan. The letter said how she actually thought I cared, but how she guessed she was wrong. That maybe I wasn't part of her family now after all. She said how she wished it was all a lie. That she wanted me in her life. That she wanted me to came and tell her that this wasn't true. She said this would be her last letter unless something changed. Unless I wrote back. That if I cared I would come to her father's funeral.

How for the first time in her life she would be happy to be proved wrong. I did care. I loved her, and yet I felt so distant. Like I didn't belong. I never responded afraid of hurting her. But by doing so I only hurt her more. She was BEGGING me to come. Just so she wouldn't be alone, just asking for a second of my time, to show her that she actually had worth. Something she grew up hearing how that was something she lacked.

She said that if I didn't come it was enough proof, that would be all she needed to know that I never truly cared. How I never truly loved her. How I had just played her so I could get into the Bolts. How she was stupid, but still wanted me to come so she wouldn't be alone. Something that she used to be able to latch onto. That I was, no, used to be her security. She admitted it. That that was her one true fear, of being alone, unloved, a failure.

"I never went to her Fathers funeral."


I said out loud as I allowed a single tear to fall. I felt it running down my cheek. Warm salty tears.... just like the ones that covered the letters. Tears of abandonment and fear. She's never going to forgive me I though. How could she? I never took a single minute to even adknowledge her letters. She would never for give me.

Unless...............