• Published 18th Jul 2016
  • 1,816 Views, 112 Comments

Rainbows Dark Origins - Orangeblossom1212



This is the true story of Rainbows dark origins, and painful past one she is determined to keep secret!

  • ...
3
 112
 1,816

Home?

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! Sorry I wanted to have this chapter finished sooner, but didn't get a chance until now. Sorry if the spelling and grammar was bad, I was in a hurry to get it finished! I also want to thank Shadow Crystal again for all the help and suggestions made to help me improve my story! Thank you!
- Orangeblossom1212.

P.S. Comet Blaze is Comet Streaks mother. I understand that this may become confusing, also in case in didn't go into description they both have a blood red coat with yellow and orange mix mane Comet Blaze has Green eyes while Comet Streak has eyes identical to Rainbow Dash.

"Okay, here we are Rainbow Dash, have a good day, and always do your best." Comet Blaze told Rainbow

"Okay," Rainbow Dash replied.

"Bye bye, Comet Streak!" Rainbow Dash said giving the young colt a nuzzle.

"Bye bye!" The colt giggled.

Comet Blaze smiled when she saw how sweet they were. "Bye!" Rainbow said suddenly, hugging Comet Blaze. "Hu? Oh bye sweetie, have a good day! Then the bell rang, and rainbow zipped to the school house doors. leaving nothing but a rainbow colored trail behind her. "No sissy!" Young Comet Streak cried. "No honey it's okay." Comet Blaze tried to sooth. "Wwaaaiinbow!" The colt cried, reaching his little hooves in the direction of the doors Rainbow Dash had gone through. "Ssssshhhh, honey it's okay." His mother cooed trying to calm the crying colt, witch proved to be fruitless.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Okay class time for recess!" Mrs.Windith said.

"YAY!!!" Every pony cheered and darted outside.

"Hey Rainbow Dash!" Soarin called

Rainbow grinned "Hey Soarin, come on I need your help! Theirs no time to loose!"

Rainbow dash grabbed Soarin's hoof and together they ran to the woods.

"So what exactly are we looking for out here?" Soarin questioned.

"Just any ware that I could make a shelter that would be water and wind proof and will keep me warm and safe." Rainbow said simply as if running away was nothing, Soarin however had thoughts scribbling all through his head she was serious! She had actually done it she had run away!?! However Soarin was her friend and he would never loose her trust, and Soarin was a pony of his word.

Soarin stared blankly, "Okay" he said uncertain. Still not entirely sure what to look for but he tried never the less.

"How about here?" Rainbow asked,

Soarin trotted over to a hollowed out tree trunk.

"Here? how are you supposed to live in just a hollow tree? The rain can fall straight in from the top and wind can come in from the side not to mention that this will keep you freezing here with nothing to protect you from the elements!" Soarin replied.

"I know but I had an idea! What if we dug here in the center of the inside and made a underground room? We could line it with clouds that would keep it soft inside, and dry! No water would get in and it wouldn't collapse inside because the roots would support it, Rainbow Dash replied.

Soarin thought about it and smiled. "Yeah, I guess that can work. I never would have thought of that!" He said cheekily.

"I know, I guess it's that awesome a plan! Anyway, thanks for your help soar. Now if you don't mind, I've got some work to do, and by work I mean digging!" Rainbow said grinning with glee at the thought of being free.

"Wait, what!? No way am I letting you do this all by yourself! I'll help you, besides my moms working late at the gym. I'm staying in aftercare today. I can come help you more after school!"

"Gee thanks!" Rainbow said with a smile.

Having this be magic ground witch is basically ground with Pegasus magic in it. This was cloudsdale after all, it was surprisingly easy. They finished a pretty good sized bedroom, except for the corners. Those needed to be done. It was like digging in cotton candy that wasn't sticky. They got back just in time for the bell indicating that the recess hour was up.

"Come on in children! We have a review and then class with be out for the rest of the day!" Mrs.windith told them, then her eyes fell onto Soarin and Rainbow. "Oh my! What did you two get into that could get you so dirty? Rainbow and soarin just looked at each other. "Oh never mind." She said, "come on let's get you cleaned up."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After school Soarin and Rainbow Dash ran out to the woods as fast as they could, tagging each other and grinning the whole way, nothing but happiness and bliss filled the air.

"Okay so what do we need to do to finish this?" Soarin questioned

"Well first, I guess we should finish the corners and collect the clouds. How about you collect the clouds and I'll do the corners? or the other way around its up to you either way is fine with me!"

"Nah thanks I'll get the clouds." Soarin said flashing her a goofy grin before taking off.

Soarin had finally made it to cloud level, easier said than done. He was a very weak flyer, and he always envied Rainbow Dash for her flight abilities. Soarin began to look around before he spotted a weather parole pegasus kicking the clouds into none existence.

"Um, excuse me!" The colt called flying towards him.

The stallion turned his head and smiled at the approaching colt.

"Hey anything I can do for you? Your not lost are you?"

"No, I'm not lost. Hey, um I was wondering can I have all of the clouds? you know instead of you kicking them? I need them for a project and I need as many as possible." Soarin said the pleading evident in his voice.

"Sure!" The stallion replied. "Where do you need me to move them?"

"Oh,um. Just move them to the play ground." He said pointing a hoof the the playground at the side of the school.

"Alright" he said turning his direction to the play ground.

Rainbow came trotting out of the woods having just finished the corners and shaping the walls of her soon to be home. She looked up to see Soarin.

"Thank you! Bye!" Soarin said waving as rainbow caught sight of a stallion taking off and leaving.

Rainbow trotted up behind him smiling at all the clouds they had collected. They had a lot to say the very least.

"Hey, soar!"

Soarin turned startled. "Oh hey! think this is enough?"

"Oh, yeah! That's AWESOME!"

"Well" Soarin said blushing, "Maybe I could make a living building clouds, big and strong!" Soarin said flexing his muscles, BIG MONEY IS IN THE HOUSE!

"Yeah well you can't make big money if you leave all the work to a full grown Stallion, can you?" Rainbow teased.

Soarin flushed "Oh,um,da"

Rainbow laughed. "Come on soar or should I say Big Money? She chuckled. "By the way, thanks Soar." She said in a now calm, sincere ton.e

"Y-your welcome." Soarin replied, turning his head so she wouldn't see the blushed that formed on his face, from her using his pet name. He helped her move the first cloud back to her soon to be new home. She was now only a short way away from her freedom!

Rainbow started smoothing out the clouds for installation, she didn't even notice Soarin adding the stairs when she was finally done and turned around she was stunned at the sight to see, a perfect set of stairs so carefully and delicately put into place.

"Do you like it? He asked w-we can always take it down if you don't!" He said quickly.

'What? no, it's awesome!" Rainbow said flashing him a grin

"Oh really?" He said now smiling

"Well in that case, I made this too! He said leading her to the side of the stairs, he used his hooves to part the clouds and inside was a little hidden room with a bed that fit the whole room snugly.

"Huh?" Rainbow questioned

"Well I made this too, so you would have a place to hide or stay hidden. You know in case some pony came here to find you? That way you'd be safe and BONUS you'll never have to worry about falling out of bed. Also I got you this he said pulling a box wrapped in white warping paper and a pink bow hoofing it over to her gently.

"What's this?" Rainbow asked confused

"Well your birthdays tomorrow isn't it? Silly forget you own birthday?" He asked, Rainbows eyes teared up. Some pony remembers, some pony cares! Rainbow thought. He jumped up and wrapped her hooves around him and gave him a pec on the cheek. He blushed and Rainbow Dash giggled.

The room now had a small cloud table and two chairs, the other walls were basically lined with shelves or cabinets. she could store stuff with the exception of the stairs, the room was simple.

"Oh and my Mom helped me get these coupons, and a list off all the stuff you can bye with them, but they only work at the One Bit Store.

Rainbow smiled she hugged them tightly. "Thank you!"

For what felt like the hundredth time Soarin blushed. "Y-your welcome." he said

They went to the one bit store and got groceries and plates ect. as well as lights to light her new home. While their Soarin showed Ranibow Dash how to use her coupons, and that when the cash register went to a negative balance that she could get a rewards card and use it as store credit! Witch Rainbow was more than happy to hear! With it Rainbow got herself some new crayons and pencils as well as a new note and coloring book! And most importantly a blanket! she got a $25 bit credit and spent $18 on school, blankets and lights she still had 7 bits left for emergencies in the future. Soarin helped her carry everything to her new home, but as they got their Soarin's Mom was trotting up to the school.

"I gotta go, Rainbow, but I'll see you tomorrow!" Saorin called

Rainbow smiled. "Bye"

"Bye." Soarin called back before going up to meet his mother.