• Published 18th Jul 2016
  • 1,813 Views, 112 Comments

Rainbows Dark Origins - Orangeblossom1212



This is the true story of Rainbows dark origins, and painful past one she is determined to keep secret!

  • ...
3
 112
 1,813

Escape

Rainbow had to come up with a plan!

"Where would I go where would i live and eat!" Rainbow dash thought to herself, "I know I'll go to the woods across from the school, their has to be a good place their to build a shelter! And no pony would ever think to go looking for me their! I would be forever hidden! And I could coupon,to get food for free!! Soarin showed me the basics with how his mom does it! And I could get coupons from the recycling bins! I'll never go hungry again unlike I do here! and I could always go looking for bits! Or pick up a small job in the time square! Like I could clean windows normally they give me about $5 for that."

Rainbow grinned, "but I need to get ready! I need to leave as soon as possible! Either way! No matter what happens, it's guaranteed to be better than living here!"

Rainbow began to pack the few belongings she had. A worn saddle bag with old supplies from last year. Her father wouldn't even spent one bit to bye her a new notebook, instead he spent all their bits on cider and drugs. So she always had to make do with what she had, or bye new supplies with her bits, their was never any playing or doodling all her supplies was strictly for school! It wasn't that she minded paying for it, it was the fact that because of her age she couldn't get a job to support herself. She knew it was very unlikely that she would go the collage.

Rainbow looked at the scars on her back, only a hateful reminder of her Father! Marks that would forever mark her flesh till the day she died. She knew her father knew he would get in trouble if some pony noticed the scars. Their was only a week left of school when he did this, so he kept Rainbow Dash locked up inside her room for the entire week and summer! Their was no end of the year party or snacks or fun or saying goodbye to friends. Her dad made sure that no pony would see the scars, her fur covered them now. However if you looked for felt her smooth looking coat you could feel the scars hidden under her cyan colored fur.

At least he fed her. Or at least used to before Firefly came into their life. Oh how she hated that day, she hated it more than the day her mother died. Rainbow Dash shook the painful thoughts from her head and opened her saddle bags. She straightened everything up and pushed it to one side so she could carefully slide in her most cherished possession, her scrap book. Looking at it hurt, But she liked it. She remembered all the things she did with her mother! This made her happy, but it made her hart hurt at the thought of never seeing her again, playing with her.

"It's not fair!" Rainbow Dash said as she allowed a single tear to escape her eye before putting it into her saddle bags. "Why?" Rainbow whispered,

As she opened the other side of her saddle bags. It now only held one item, a cloth. She picked it up and peeked inside, only to let out the breath she had been holding. "Oh thank goodness, it's still here!" She said placing it down as if it were a delicate piece of glass. Inside were two small carrots. A normal pony wouldn't care, just two small carrots, but to Rainbow Dash these two small carrots were a blessing! She placed her saddle bags on top of them and they were hidden from sight but she still had easy access to them. All rainbow had other than this, was the sheets on her bed and toiletries.

"I'll pack the sheets tomorrow." Rainbow said, to litterly no pony.

She brushed her mane and teeth and packed the mane/ tooth brush. She took the shampoo and even the soap it's not like her father and Firefly would notice before she was gone anyway. Now all Rainbow Dash needed was here birth certificate, and information! And unless the file was moved, witch she doughted it was. It Would still be in the office. Rainbow's Father forgot to dead bolt the door, so it was now or never, this would be her only chance at escape!

She opened her door silently, and poked her head out. She got on her elbows and crawled as low as she could to the edge of the stairs. Where she heard laughing she bravely peeked down the stairs. Their she saw her Father, Rainbow Blaze and Firefly clank their drinks together.

"To us!" Rainbow Blaze said,

"Sure, I'll drink to that!" Firefly said.

They both downed their drinks before the both of them collapsed and intertwined with one another, quickly escalating into a make out session. Rainbow dare not make a sound but Instead darted past the stairs! She went as swiftly and quietly as she could and entered the hall! She quickly mad a right and entered the office, and darted to the desk. She pulled open the bottom drawer and just like she thought at the very top of the stack was a file. It read 'Dashies Birth Certificate', in long smooth loopy cursive writing. Her mother's writing. Rainbow smiled, she missed her mother so much!

Then she heard approaching hoof steps. Rainbow gasped as panic started to rise. She quickly shut the drawer and jumped into hiding. She saw a shadow approaching and it stopped.

" Actually, honey I forgot, I think I left the cider under the coffee table!" Spectrum Blaze called as he turned and made his way down stairs.

Rainbow poked her head out from under the desk and finally allowed allowed herself to breath. She peeked out of the door and darted quietly to the stairs. She once again peeked down once the coast was clear she went straight to her room and closed the door.

She sighed in relief, but couldn't help but crack a victorious grin! She quickly checked and made sure everything she needed was in the file, thank goodness it was! Then slid it into her saddle bags and climbed up in bed after turning out the lights. She needed to get rest to tomorrow was a big day. Maybe the most important one of her life!

Author's Note:

Hey everyone!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I think I might make the next one, shorter. I haven't decided. I think I might also start another story, so it may be awhile before I post the next chapter. If you all really want the next chapter leave a comment, and I'll make sure it gets done. Also I'm so SORRY I wanted to have this chapter done yesterday, because all I had was editing to do! But I was sick with a fever! I made my self edit it because I didn't want you to wait, only to find out I forgot to save it!!! My luck, anyway I'm sorry it was late! And I'm better now! My fever is gone, for those who were concerned. Thanks for all the nice comments! I don't think I've got one negative comment!
Thank you!
~Orangeblossom1212