• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 2,989 Views, 63 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Masters of Tomorrow - Golden Flare



Your name is Eternal Void and you have had an ordinary life as a Keyblade wielder at Crystal Prep; no friends, hardly any family, and no lover to hold...that is, until, you met six unique people.

  • ...
9
 63
 2,989

Chapter 5: A Piece of Peace

After a lot of thought in a short time span, you made your decision...the girl who at first been cruel to you, but warmed up to you and tried to protect you from harm. It wasn't really that hard of a choice.

"...Let's go, Indigo."

Both girls gasped, Indigo in surprise and Sour in shock of who you chose. Sour soon had a bit of a sour look (no pun intended) before she joined Lemon in battle. Indigo beamed in happiness at your choice, but quickly hid it as you turned to her.

"Ready to go?" you ask.

"Yeah." she answered.

She went to your side and propped you up, you two of you limping to your home as you gave her directions.


The sun was beginning to set as the two of you arrive at your house, neither one of you eager to say goodbye.

"Well...guess this is it." you say.

"Yeah..." Indigo said, downtrodden.

You noticed this and cupped her face with a hand, making her jolt in surprise, "Hey, we can still hang out, it's not like this is goodbye."

Indigo blushed, "Y-Yeah, but...I guess...I'm just..."

You knew what she was trying to say, "You don't want to leave just yet."

Indigo shook her head.

You smile, "You wanna hang out at my place for a bit? Maybe...stay the night if you want?"

Indigo blushed even deeper, "Yes...I mean, yeah, yeah that sounds good."

You turn away from her to open the door, but then Indigo punched your arm, making you look at her in shock, "That's for scaring me back at that farm."

You look down, "Sorry..."

Just then, she kissed your cheek, "That's for...choosing me."

You look at her and smile before opening the door to your home and allowing Indigo in. The whole night, you and Indigo watched TV, played video games, and ate dinner, all while your aunt and uncle watched you two with a smile. When the time came for sleep, Indigo wanted to sleep in the same bed as you, but made one thing perfectly clear the moment she grabbed you by your shirt:

"No funny stuff, got it?" she said with a glare.

You nod speedily as she let go and you two spent the night together. She was warm, very warm, not only that, she left you warm on the inside too. You didn't know what this feeling was...but you kinda liked it.


The Next Day

You woke up to the sound of your bedroom door being knocked upon, but Indigo remained asleep. Groggily, you got up and went to the door, but when you opened it, you saw something shocking: Twilight, Shining, Ginger, and Taffy standing before you with what looked to be their parents, the latter group tried to stifle their giggles as you were still in your sleepwear.

"Did we come at a bad time?" the women that looked similar to Twilight asked.

You rub your eyes and sigh, "No, no. So, what's going on here?"

The man next to the woman nudged Shining, "Go on, apologize, young man."

The woman then nudged Twilight, "You too, young lady."

They both sighed and said begrudgingly, "Sorry, Eternal."

"Ginger, that goes for you and Taffy, too." another woman that looked to be Ginger's mother ordered.

The two girls said, "Sorry."

"...Uh, you know what? Water under the bridge." you say.

"Hey, Eternal, what's the peanut gallery doing here?" Indigo said, finally waking up.

"Apparently, their parents found out what they tried to do to me yesterday...somehow, and told them all to apologize to me."

"Well, how about that?" Indigo mused, "Oh, that reminds me, we should see if the girls are alright...after breakfast, of course."

You chuckle, "Yeah, alright." you turn to the group at your door, "Look, we've got things to do today, so..."

Twilight's mother smiled, "That's fine, we have to go anyway," she then scowled at her children, "we have punishments to sort out."

Twilight and Shining stiffened.

The group then left the house, leaving you and Indigo standing at your bedroom door, until Indigo started smelling the air, which was filled with your aunt's cooking.

"Is that...pancakes?" she asked.

"Blueberry chocolate chip." you answered, "My aunt makes THE best pancakes in Canterlot."

Indigo smirked, "In that case...race ya there!"

She rushed out of your room, not realizing that she was still in her pajamas. You giggle as you follow her, not caring that you were in your PJ's as well.


Once breakfast was done and over with, the two of you went to the homes of the other Shadow 5 to see how they were holding up after yesterday's events. Turns out, the other wielders did a number on the girls, as their parents told them they were laying in bed, resting off their exhaustion. Also, with the events of yesterday, you slap your forehead when you realize that you forgot to tell your aunt and uncle about your passing of the Mark of Mastery, you resolve to tell them later today.

"Welp, guess we got the whole day to ourselves." you say.

"Yep, seems like it." Indigo agreed.

You two were quiet for a time until you spoke again.

"You wanna...go on a date—"

"Yes!" Indigo noticed what she just said and tried to play it cool, "I mean, yeah sure."

You smile as you grab her hand and run to the park with her in tow. You two played, ate ice cream from the ice cream man that drove by, and sat down by a tall tree to relax, enjoying the morning that was soon turning into an afternoon. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end as Indigo received a call from her parents telling her that it was time to come home and work on her afternoon chores, you two said your farewells and went your separate ways.

Once you did, you remembered something that you needed to do. With nothing else stopping you, you immediately headed for the Apple Family's farm.


After arriving, you walk up to the door and before you can knock, the door opened to reveal Apple Bloom with giddy smile on her features.

"ETERNAL!" she leaped onto you and knocked you on the floor of the porch, "Is it true?! Are ya really gonna make me yer successor?!"

You cough from the impact, but were able to lean up into a sitting position, "Ugh, yeah. But I was hoping for it to be a surprise."

"Sorry, pardner, but Ah can't lie to ma family." you saw Applejack standing at the door frame, looking at you two in amusement.

You sigh, "May I come in?"

Applejack giggles, "Do ya need ta ask?"

She steps aside as you stand up and walk in her home with Apple Bloom eagerly following close behind you. When Applejack closed the door, she called out through the house for her brother and grandmother to see Apple Bloom experience The Bequeathing, a ritual of Keyblade wielders that allow others to be able to wield a Keyblade of their own. As soon as the family piled into the living room, you cleared your throat and mentally prepared yourself.

"Alright, Apple Bloom, are you ready?"

She nods rapidly, but you stop her.

"No need in giving yourself a headache."

Apple Bloom smiles sheepishly as you take a deep breath, call out your Keyblade, and spoke:

"In your hand, take this key, for as long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking, its wielder you shall one day be, and then you'll find me, friend; no ocean will contain you then, no more barriers around, below, or above, so long as you champion the ones you love."

You hold out your Keyblade to Apple Bloom, who slowly moves her hand closer to your key with eyes of wonder. Soon enough, she grasps its handle, officially becoming your successor. The Apple Family cheered as loudly as they could, nearly splitting your eardrums.

Granny Smith put a hand on your shoulder, "Quite the spectacle ya put on there, sonny! From now on, yer part o' the Apple Family!"

"Eeyup." Big Mac said.

With that, you felt like everything was going right for you; not only did you gain a possible girlfriend and a successor, but you've also earned your right to be called a member of the Apple Family. All in all, you were happy...

...That is, until, the Friendship Games finally rolled around.

Author's Note:

Well, there you have it! You all chose Indigo Zap! Thanks for reading!

P.S. Sorry this took so long, been really busy

Comments ( 18 )

Yay! Great chapter! Loved it. And we understand. Life is more important most of the time.

Now, this is a surprise! I didn't expect that they would have a love that fast, I was expecting it to slowly happen until a point but this works too. Great work!

Good to see that Twilight, Shining, Ginger, and Taffy apologized. Even when they were forced by their parents...
Why do I get the feeling that Principal Cinch isn't going to be so forgiving like Eternal Void? Or maybe that's just me. :pinkiehappy:

Also, I thought at first that you rushed the feelings that Indigo felt for Eternal and vice versa. But you actually managed it to work. Nice work Golden Flare! :ajsmug:

Is it wrong that I thought that it was gonna be a harem since there's a huge cast of characters?

Can't wait for the rest of the story!

Question: What other academy is near CHS or CPA?

Reason as to why I'm asking cause I think I want to write a squeal to this story.

Comment posted by Kye Belmont deleted Jul 3rd, 2018

9021890
It's a sequal to this story with another keyblade wielder in another or same school. I'm thinking they and Eternal Void meet but I'm not sure.

9022009
I'm in the process of collabing with Golden myself. So maybe you can ask him to do yours.

i would have get him a herd

9107511
This isn't anthro or ponies.

I hope you'll come back to this, continue with the story, and update because I want to see what happens next.^^

10377823 I hit a road block with the next chapter, but I'll get past it somehow

Managed to get the chance to read this fully.
What will happen next?


Is Spike a Keyblade wielder too? Where is he anyway?

ok i know when this story takes place.
Now can you please tell me which of the KH games you're adapting?

Based on the overview you gave it seems to take place during the events of "Kingdom Hearts Union X\Dark Road"
So please tell me which one so i at least know the context?

When will you continue?

Login or register to comment