• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 2,990 Views, 63 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Masters of Tomorrow - Golden Flare



Your name is Eternal Void and you have had an ordinary life as a Keyblade wielder at Crystal Prep; no friends, hardly any family, and no lover to hold...that is, until, you met six unique people.

  • ...
9
 63
 2,990

Chapter 3: Keyblade Graveyard Horizon

After school let out, before you could go tell your aunt, uncle, and the Apple Family the good news, there was somewhere you had to be. You went beyond your usual route, even went beyond Canterlot itself, to your destination, a desert that had strange weapons embedded in the ground, but they weren't just any old weapons, they were Keyblades.

This was Canterlot's Keyblade Graveyard.

The place where your parents did battle with the evil mastermind and perished.

And right now, you were going, not just to pay your respects, but to tell your parents the good news.

Even though their Keyblades were all that was left of them, part of you liked to believe that their souls lived on within them. After what felt like a mile of walking, you finally made it to your parents graves: their Keyblades. You got down on your knees and stared at them.

"Hey mom. Hey dad." You say with no response from the weapons, "Guess what? I'm a Keyblade Master now. I know, crazy, right? Bet you two never thought that I'd be one." Still no response. "And I've got some more good news, I might be taking somebody under my wing soon...if her family will let me." Nothing. You sigh, "I really miss you guys. I wish things didn't have to be like this, but it is what it is." Nada. "Well...I should probably get going, got things to do, after all."

You stand up and get ready to walk away, only to come face to face with the last person you wanted to see.

"Hey."

Indigo Zap.

"Hey..." you repeat cautiously.

She sighs, "Look, I'm not here to pick a fight. I'm just here to pay my respects to my dad."

"Your dad?"

"Yeah. He died trying to stop that mastermind from creating the second Keyblade War."

"...Guess for the first time, we actually have something in common."

"What makes you say that?"

"Both of my parents died trying to stop him."

"...Oh."

The two of you were quiet for a moment.

"Hey, um, if you want, we can hang out later today, maybe try to get to know each other better."

"Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Don't know, I guess because I feel like we're kindred spirits or something."

"...It'll have to be way later today, but I'd like that."

"Really? You mean it?"

You smirk, "When do I never mean what I say?"

Indigo smirks back, "Good point, Mr. Serious."

You two chuckled at each other's playfulness. You don't understand why you're making peace with one of your most hated rivals, but looking at it from another point of view, do you really want to start a fight when there shouldn't be one?

"Well," you began, "I gotta be somewhere, so I'll see you later today."

"Okay, later dude." Indigo said.

"Later."

You left without a moment's hesitation, leaving Indigo to grieve for her father like she wanted to do when she got here. Though, if you stuck around a little longer, you would've saw the blush on her face. She turned to face her father's Keyblade.

"Dad...I think I'm in love."


You made it back to Canterlot and headed for the apple farm to break the news to the Apple Family...and hopefully make Apple Bloom your successor.

Wow, was I always this blunt? you ask yourself in your thoughts.

Before you knew it, you were on the porch of the Apple's humble home, making you a bit anxious. You raise up your balled-up fist and knock on the door thrice. It took a few moments, but the door opened to reveal Applejack.

"Oh, hey there, Eternal!" she said with a smile, "What brings ya here?"

"Well..." you rub the back of your head, "I've got some good news and something I wish to ask you. May I come in?"

"Sure! C'mon in!"

Applejack steps aside allowing you in, prompting you to oblige. You immediately notice the five girls you met over the weekend in her living room.

"Girls, Ah'd like ya ta meet—"

"Eternal Void. Yeah, we've met him." Rainbow grumbled.

Guess she's still not fond of me, you thought.

You sat down in a nearby chair and take a few deep breaths.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced, I am Rarity," the white-skinned girl said, then gestured to the yellow-skinned one, who just waved, "And this is Fluttershy."

"So, what's this 'good news' ya wanted ta tell me?" Applejack spoke up.

"...I passed my Mark of Mastery exam. I'm a Keyblade Master now."

A collective gasp filled the air.

"He's just like us!" the pink-skinned one declared.

"Wait, what?" you ask, dumbfounded.

"In case you haven't figured it out yet," Rainbow began, "we're Keyblade Masters, like Pinkie Pie said."

They all summoned Keyblades of their own. First Sunset Shimmer.

Then Rainbow Dash.

Then Pinkie Pie.

Then Applejack.

Then Rarity.

And lastly, Fluttershy.

You were astonished by this, these girls have Keyblades, and a wide variety of them!

Applejack chuckles, "Guess we left him speechless."

You shook yourself out of it, and spoke again, "Okay, now about the thing I wanted to ask. There's no easy way to say this so I'm gonna come right out with it. Applejack..."

The girls looked at you, expectantly.

"...Would it be alright if I made Apple Bloom my successor?"

They all looked at you wide-eyed, not expecting you to ask that.

"I'll understand if you say no, but I thought it was worth a try—"

"Show us your Keyblade."

You look at Rainbow in surprise, "What?"

She forcefully jams her Keyblade into the wall next to your head, a loud clang filling your ears, "Show us. Your Keyblade."

You were scared now. You've never seen anyone this serious before.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack chastised, "Have ya lost yer mind!?"

"I knew this guy was trouble the moment I laid eyes on him! Show us your Keyblade, or I'll end you right now!"

"If you're going to kill me, can we at least take this outside?" you say in fear.

"We will, AFTER you do what I say and call your Keyblade."

With hesitation, you raise your hand forward and summon your Keyblade, doing exactly what Rainbow said. She looked your Keyblade over thoroughly and glared at you.

"I knew it." she growled.

Rainbow pulled you out of your chair and pushed you out the front door, ignoring the protests of her friends as you tumbled down the steps, leaving you in a daze when you hit solid ground. You tried to stand up, but Rainbow's Keyblade forced you back down.

"Rainbow Dash, stop it!" Sunset yelled out from the door.

"No way! He's gotta go!" Rainbow raised her Keyblade over her head, ready to strike you down.

Was this the end?

Were you going to see your parents again in the afterlife?

Won't your aunt and uncle be worried about you?

Rainbow brought her Keyblade down...

"Eternal!"

SHING! CLANG!

...Only to be blocked by another Keyblade.

"Indigo!?" you say in shock.

Indigo pushes Rainbow back as the latter's friends come outside.

"Hey, did you lose it or something!?" Indigo asked Rainbow.

"More Crystal Prep wielders!?" Rainbow asked in annoyance, "Get outta my way!"

"No!"

"Indigo, Eternal!"

You turned to see the rest of the Shadow 5 rush to you and indigo.

"Girls," Indigo began, "tend to Eternal's wounds, I'll deal with them."

"W-Wait!" you protest, "Rainbow Dash is the only one who attacked me, the other girls were trying to stop her!"

Indigo looked back at you, "You sure?"

"Positive, don't hurt the others!"

She nods to you and turns back to her opponent, readying her battle stance as Rainbow did the same.

"Should we help her?" Fluttershy asked.

"No." Applejack said with finality in her tone, "Rainbow started this, she has to finish it." she looked at your crumpled form and her expression softened, "Eternal...you've really taken a liking to Apple Bloom, haven't cha?"

Indigo and Rainbow stared each other down and charged forward, Keyblades in hand.

Author's Note:

Eternal's mom's Keyblade:

Eternal's dad's Keyblade:

Indigo's dad's Keyblade: