• Published 8th Jul 2016
  • 1,416 Views, 12 Comments

The Melody Within - BroadwayBaby9700



Fluttershy is a very shy animal lover who isn't very confident about anything. Especially her singing voice. But when a new resident starts to cause chaos in Ponyville, will she despise him like the rest or will she find the melody within him.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,416

Chapter 1

What is this place filled with so many wonders

Casting its spell that I am now under!

Squirrels in the trees and the cute little bunnies

Birds flying free and the bees with their honey

Honey!

"Hey Fluttershy!" Pinkie Pie shouted, frightening the yellow pegasus and her animal friends. "Oh, hi Pinkie." She whispered as she began to coax her animal friends from hiding. Once all of the animals were out, she began feeding them as Pinkie began to talk more.

"You know, you have a very pretty voice, Fluttershy! You should be in the talent show that the town's hosting."

Because of the many damages that Ponyville had taken during the many battles that the Mane Six had to face, Mayor Mare had decided to host a talent show to raise money to pay for the damages and rebuild many homes and businesses that were demolished in the crossfire.

"Uh,I don't think I would-"

"Oh, nonsense! Fluttershy, trust me. You'll be the best one there. Besides, it's for a good cause." With that, the pink earth pony bounced off, leaving Fluttershy flustered. Well, Pinkie does have a point. She thought. It is for a good cause after all.

She sighed as she continued to feed her animal friends and singing all the while.


Deep in the Everfree Forest, Discord opened his golden, red eyes as he heard a beautiful voice rouse him from his sleep. As he got closer to the sound, he saw a beautiful yellow pegasus mare with a long, flowy pink mane and big, beautiful teal blue eyes singing her song.

I don't know who you are, my dear, He thought to himself But soon, you will be MINE!

With that, he began to think of a way to get close to her.


Back in Ponyville, Fluttershy and the rest of the Mane Six were talking with Mayor Mare about preparations for the talent show.

"Oh, thank you for helping us with this." Mayor Mare said with relief.

"No problem, Madame Mayor." Twilight replied, taking out a book titled How To Set Up a Talent Show.

"Okay, so we need a stage, some curtains and a backdrop, concessions for the audience, and some performers.

The others got to work. Rainbow Dash and Applejack helped to set up the stage, Rarity went to her boutique shop to design the curtains and backdrop, and Pinkie Pie went back to the bakery to bake a bunch of sweets and such for the audience to munch on. Fluttershy helped Pinkie Pie bring all of the stuff on the table and began to sing.

There's music in the treetops,

And there's music in the vale.

And all around the music fills the sky!

There's music by the river,

And there's music in the grass.

And the music makes your heart soar in replyyyyyy!

As she finished singing, she noticed that everyone was looking at her, their eyes wide in awe.

"Oops. Too loud?" She whispered, embarrassed. Twilight just smiled.

"I think we've found one of our acts."

Author's Note:

How was that? Please let me know in the comments!:heart:

Comments ( 10 )

Keep going! I am excited to be reading a brand new Fluttercord fanfic! :twilightsmile: :yay:

7375764 Yay!! I'm glad you liked it. :yay: Don't worry, I'll update as often as I can! :heart:

Well, I'm in love. This is too cute. Keep at it! :heart:

I enjoyed it very much! Though, I hope you make your chapters a little longer next time.

it needs narration and more details. But sense this is your first fiction you get 3 points for the idea and 2 points for trying. average 5/10

You need to make more description of the surroundings and how she's feeling as she sings etc
If you need to know more of what im talking about read storys Like draquanequus of noter mare and ather things.

7376681 That pretty much summed up my opinion.
Oh yeah, and Rigoletto was one of my fav movies as a kid. Wish we didn't get rid of all our VHS tapes.

great story and i do have some problems that other users have pointed out:

I enjoyed it very much! Though, I hope you make your chapters a little longer next time.

it needs narration and more details. But sense this is your first fiction you get 3 points for the idea and 2 points for trying.

You need to make more description of the surroundings and how she's feeling as she sings etc
If you need to know more of what im talking about read storys Like draquanequus of noter mare and ather things.

but other than that great job on the fluttercord fanfic

Can't wait for more! It vary interesting... in a good way

Login or register to comment