• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 657 Views, 18 Comments

Echoes in the Soul - FluttershyAllTheWay



Echo is far from popular, but can he muster the courage to confess his feelings to Soul?

  • ...
 18
 657

Chapter 5

"Crash!" The door near Echo slammed open with great force. A precious purple pony galloped out of Form Room and franticly darted about, looking for Echo in any crevice of the school building. Echo continued to stay slumped in the dark and dusty corner he was in. He felt strangely at home.

Suddenly, he caught sight of Soul's bright eyes staring at him and he saw something click within her. She dashed over to his hooves and lay down next to him.

"Listen, Echo. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought you were cute before and you have a lovely caring personality - along with a great artistic drawing capability." Soul stated blankly. As Echo stared into Soul's eyes deeper he could see full, honest truth and nothing less.

"I just wanted to apologise for my hasty and thoughtless actions yesterday. I was jumping to conclusions. Come here, let me wipe the tears from your eyes..." Soul remarked passionately. Echo felt the soft touch of Soul's hooves wiping away the tears from his cheeks. She felt like a silk cloth, mopping away his troubles. Echo was on a high once more after this. He had been in such a depressed state that recovering from felt impossible. However, the only pony he knew that would be able to turn his life around was perched next to him, gazing into his eyes with a burning passion and sense of deep love.

Echo stood up and reached his hooves out, offering a hug to Soul. She gladly accepted, and Echo just imploded with ecstasy as he felt her beautiful tender coat ruffling against his own. He squeezed his forehooves tighter around Soul, locking them in a loving embrace that couldn't be broken by anypony.

This was Echo's picture. It was happening in real life. The shards he had ripped the paper into started virtually reforming in his mind.

Soul loved him back.

The bell went just then for first class. With great effort, Echo managed to pry his forehooves away from Soul again. Soul just stared at Echo with a great burning desire in her eyes. She leant in to Echo and pecked a soft and sweet kiss on Echo's cheek, causing him to shudder in happiness.

"So... Are we... Together now?" Echo asked with great expectations inside him.

"Of course," Soul replied softly. "I think we should go on a date together. How about we go see a film?" Soul continued. This time, Soul was the one with the high hopes. "I know a good film we could see at the nearby film theatre."

"That sounds wonderful!" Echo burst out. He was so excited he couldn't comprehend it or control it. "Anyway," He went on. "I have Biology now. See you at lunch!"

Echo rotated on the spot to be left confronted with the Bully he had known for an extremely long period of time. It was Bash.

Bash was a broad and muscley grey coated colt. Although his looks left a lot to be desired, he more than made up for it with sheer brawn. Everypony knew he had his eyes on Soul.

"So, I saw you holdin' Soul jus' then." Bash's gruff, flat voice flattened the atmosphere of the school and everypony fell silent and just gawped at the commotion.

"Uhh... I... Uhh..." Echo stammered. He was sweating profusely and panicking. Bash stretched out a veiny hoof and scooped up Echo in one swift maneuvre.

"You buckin' leave that pony alone! SHE'S MY PONY!" Bash shouted at a volume that penetrated the ear drums. Then, with one quick arm movement, Bash thrusted Echo over his shoulder and plodded off at a pace that clearly showed he was flaunting his authority amd relishing in it.

"Echo! Are you ok?" Soul queried in slight panic. Echo had had his fall broken by a cold, hard, metal locker - unsuccesfully. He ached all over and he could taste the metallic tang of his own warm blood: his head was bleeding.

"Let me get you to the school nurse!" Soul fervently said. Soul rushed to the nurse, carefully carrying Echo.
, and left Echo there with the nurse, giving her time to be alone and for wounds to heal and be bandaged.

Echo was practically unconscious now; ecstasy had taken over his body. With one relieving sigh and a dopey smile spread wide on his face, Echo thought to himself: "Could life get any better?"