• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 14,643 Views, 283 Comments

Dash Eats Meat! - theRedBrony



Gilda's eating lunch at flight camp and Dash gets a little curious...

  • ...
51
 283
 14,643

Wait, There's More?

Sup ponies. Gilda here. What, were you expecting someone else? Thanks a bunch for all the views, positive feedback, fav's, thumbs ups (hehe ponies don't have thumbs!), and three days in the feature box! I really didn't expect this much attention for my little one-shot! But hey, I guess it's those crazy one-off little memories that make cool stories. Or I just got lucky. Who knows, right?


Anyways, Dash Eats Meat was meant to be a short one-shot from the get-go. It was just one of those old times that I was thinking about all day long, so I figured I'd put it on paper. I didn't think it'd get all this attention! Not that I'm complaining... I think I had a smile plastered on my beak for those 3 days that would make that pink pony jealous.


I know this was a one-shot... but I couldn't help writing down some more of me and Dash's flight camp fun. I know a lot of ponies wanted a continuation, but if you didn't, don't hate me for it. But if you do hate me, that's OK... a lot of ponies hate me... even... *sniff* ...her.



Here ya go:

This One Time, At Flight Camp


So, if you haven't already, it'd be rad if you 'watch' me, because I'll have some interesting stuff coming out. I got a lot of cool stories cooking up. I'll try not to make a bunch of blog posts that fill up your notifications list when you're watching me. Cuz it bugs me when the dweebs I'm watching post a blog for every little 'hey, check out this ponytube link!' (If I'm watching you, forget I said that...)

Comments ( 43 )

SECOND

HI GILDA! I loved the story, would fu- err... watch. Yeaaaaahhh. Smooth.:moustache:

Too bad I cant watch/fave/thumbs more than once or I would! The stories are awesome!

I'm proud to know that I was thumbs up number 666~
Seriously this was funny. I hope That One Time at Flight Camp is this hilariouis.:rainbowderp:

Well, this was fun. But it was really short.

And, to be honest, it wasn't what I expected. Sure, I liked reading it, but this was so hyped and everything. I guess I just feel 'under-done' or something... she ate meat. It was funny. The end. Where is the razzle, dazzle, perp-and-fazzle that everyone was talking about?

Oh, well...

*upvotes*

Not to sound mean, I'm just a bit confused. :trixieshiftright::trixieshiftleft:

1461392 Well that was kindof the idea. Short and sweet. Idk. I started a continuation though, read ch2 for link. But yea, I see what you mean, it was kinda hyped up. It always sucks to go in expecting something awesome and get something that's just good. :trixieshiftleft:

And um... were people really talking about this fic? That'd be awesome, if it left enough of an impression to be spoken about.

Thanks for the thumb and the read though! :yay:

1461421
Well, I don't know... it was featured... I just had totally different expectations. I agree with the "go in expecting something awesome and get something that's just good" comment.

Then again, I've been featured as well, and each time it was something that sort of made me go "Huh? Why is this popular?" so whatever :derpytongue2::derpyderp2:

I'll probably read the sequel shortly.

1461447 I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO. 'Why is this popular?' Yea. This and Last Brony are my featured ones, and neither did I expect to be so.

1461460
So many FEELS

In my case it's:
Nightmare Date (Rule 63 Twist asks a victorious supreme ruler Nightmare Moon out for a date)
A Nightly Romance (Sequel where Rule 63 Twist gets more serious with now-Luna, with the implications of a moral/immortal relationship discussed)
Help me, Nurse! ("You" fic where a human falls to Equestria [literally], gets injured / rescued by Pinkie, and falls for Nurse Redheart)

All three of those were total surprises, especially given my choices in shipping material! (Seriously, people enjoy reading about male Twist with his glasses and his stutter moving his hooves along Nightmare's cheeks and whatnot? :pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy: )

I can't say that I'm not proud of those fics, though. I am. I'm just surprised. Honestly, the feature-box often surprises me. It makes neither rhyme nor reason.

And-- look-- you should be proud of Dash Eats Meat! It's a good and well-written story, just a rediciously overhyped one as well I guess :raritywink:

Be proud!

Dash has tasted meat..... Let the slaugther commence!:rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy::rainbowkiss:om nom

1818269 I did leave it pretty open-ended lol. :pinkiecrazy:

1818349
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::scootangel::rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::rainbowwild:..........:rainbowkiss:om nom

1867672 I thought it would...
1890864 lol glad you liked it!

What does fluttershy do with those chickens anyway?

2006536 Indubitably.

2392890 EW! THAT'S SICK! jk :rainbowwild:

Good persanal thoughts-I was shocked that someone made a story like that. I'm impressed on it the fact you made it a Guilda more of a nice griffon better then in the offical episodes. I also like that you made RD eat chicken great.

Bad persanal thoughts-I didn't like that you killed RD for me she was the one pony that I found really funny you killed it in my eyes.

Over all- I give it a seven yeys :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: out of ten yays :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

2607463 Well... Gilda, really pay attention to her in the one episode she's in. Yea, she's a bitch. But look at her face, right when Dash tells her off. For just a split second, she looks down. In that one moment, you can see that her heart has been shattered. A tiny glance into her soul. She's really a big softy under that hard facade she puts up. :twilightsmile:

Anyhow, I guess Dash wasn't particularly funny in this. It's all circumstancial. But hey I'm glad you liked it anyway!

I'm envisioning this as backstory to a future incident:

The Mane Six are in a distant land on some sort of quest or diplomatic mission or something. They find themselves faced with the local delicacy (probably some sort of fungus). Dash is the first to work up the nerve to try it. She takes a bite, chews for a while, swallows, and says, "Hmm... tastes like chicken."

Hilarity ensues.

2621332 Ohohohoh... lol! Oh yea, that would be a conversation starter there! She says that and Twilight just looks at her like :twilightoops: lolwut

1902341
What does Fluttershy have in her shed, hmm? We've all seen the meme.

2639937 Chickens. And Derpy.

2621856
Of course, you can't have animal eating without Fluttershy nearly bursting into tears. :fluttercry:Sweet, salty tears.

6147618 And which way did you flip it, I wonder?
EDIT: I found out :pinkiehappy:

6167192 Meh, same as my sister I guess. Hopefully you enjoyed the story. :yay:

6558354 Glad you liked it! :twilightsmile: If you liked that part, you might enjoy the first picture in this old blog post of mine. (It's not that exact moment in the story, but still.) And thanks for the compliment! I... personally find comedy a little hard to do, and I'll admit it's kind of hit or miss with me, but if you want another piece of RedBrony humor, I'd suggest this one.

7141913 Thanks! Is it serendipity? Look at your avatar! :pinkiecrazy:

I finally found this fic! This proves that pegasi CAN eat chicken. Now if this took place in any other city in Equestria, eating poultry would prolly be considered a crime.

7992176 lel
7993057 You were looking for it? And personally I see no physiological reason why ponies couldn't eat meat. Horses can. It's not entirely healthy for them to eat nothing but meat, just like it's not healthy for a human to eat nothing but lettuce. But I like to think that it's a cultural... I want to say 'taboo' but I feel that's too strong of a word. Let's say it would be frowned-upon in general. Kind of like 'ew, wtf is wrong with you, that's gross.' That kind of thing. A lot of folks around here have a thing that pegasi normally eat fish, which is my pet peeve. I honestly don't see that happening. But like anything, probably 10% of ponies in general are omnivores by choice. :moustache:

7993195 So it's kinda like being gay or a girl wearing pants in the fifties?

Well she didn't eat it with its intended special sauce!

8361062 It's a little dumb, but haven't you ever noticed? Pony tongues are orange.

8363734
I guess not lol now I'll have to look back and see :P

That was an entertaining story.

Login or register to comment