• ...
11
 50
 3,268

Chapter 6: Chaos

Writers Notes: I would just like to thank my great editor: "Erro Rogan" for doing a great job (i now have an Editor! yay~) but expect that every new chapter will be delayed for abit, i still do my writing at work and give it to my editor to spice it up for your reading pleasures, still i will try to make a new chapter everyday (except Sat. and Sun. =D). For all of you who are tracking this story, YOU ROCK! "fus----RO! DAH!"


-----------------------------

Everfree Forest "Castle Entrance"

"So doctor, they are in here?" said a seductive voice.

"Indeed, they seem to not know our presence just yet..." said the brown coated pony with an hour glass for a cutie mark.

"I see now the ti---...."

"However, it seems that Belren has been tracing us." added the brown one.

"Jace, you mean?"

"Yes, madam Vess, the Mind-Sculptor."

"What in the world is he doing here? 'Tis not safe here, or rather what I will be doing isn't." she thought aloud. She contemplated her next move, gazing upon the castle.

-----------------------------

Everfree Forest "Entrance"

"I've found you Lili. Now, what are you planning..."

-----------------------------

Canterlot Castle "Infirmary"

"....mmmmmhg...ughhh...blast it all..." He said, waking from his stupor.

"How fare you friend?" Elspeth said worriedly, looking down with concern upon the bedridden Planeswalker.

"Are you feeling alright now, Garruk?" Fluttershy asked, still finding the name rather odd.

"Elspeth? FLuttershy? Where am I? What happened?" the hunter responded, confused and groggy.

"Rest more, if you need it. It seems that while Discord is loose his Chaos seeps into every living creature here in this plane." Elspeth explained.

"That's why you suddenly burst with rage earlier,are-are you ok now?" asked Fluttershy with a worried look on her face.

"I see...can you please leave me to rest for a few more moments, it seems that my body is still aching from something unknown." said Garruk, still lying in bed.

"Nurse Redheart told us 'twas the effect of the Hearts Desire. She said that you had such an amount of it that, when coupled with the chaos, it gave you the strength that your heart desired, but at a price." said Elspeth

"I see..." was all garruk could say after closing his eyes and falling back to sleep.

"Sleep well friend." Elspeth said with a grin on her face. She sat back in her chair next to Garruk's bed and looked out the window. Fluttershy lay next to Garruk just below his legs.

"My the Light guide us all in the upcoming battle." she prayed.


-----------------------------------

Canterlot Castle "Strategy Room"

"I fear everything has gone from bad to worse." Celestia spoke to the others. Almost all of them were gathered around the table in the royal meeting room.

"Agreed." replied Gideon. "Even if it is just 2 Planeswalkers they are a force to be reckoned with."

"Not to mention that both of them are Elder races, being a Draconequis and a Dragon. We are clearly at a disadvantage even with these kinds of numbers." Twilight added, gesturing to her friends, both old and new.

Gideon stepped forward. "Our best option would be-"

"Where's Jace, by the way?" Chandra Interrupted.

"Now that you mention it, where is the lad?" Turning to the group of ponies, Gideon asked, "Did any of you see where he went?

"Well, I saw him..huh?"
"...I can't..I can't remember..."
"That's weird." they responded, confusion aplenty.

"He must have removed those memories, that fool!" Chandra spat.

"He did? Wow I never thought he could ACTUALLY do that." Twilight said, caught somewhere between fear and wonder.

"Indeed, it seems that he did not leave anything for us to trace." said Celestia

"Blast it all! first Garruk, now Jace? Does no one realize the danger we are in?" Gideon shouted.

The double doors of the meeting room suddenly burst opened with a loud sound.

"Garruk is gone!" said Fluttershy on the edge of tears.

"What?! Where's Elspeth?" said Gideon.

"She followed Garruk. I-I'm sorry everyone." Fluttershy said, trying not to cry.

"It's not your fault dear. Now, now. Don't cry, don't cry." Rarity cooed softly, comforting her best friend.

"But!but!I'm so sorry..." said Fluttershy, tears bursting forth.

"Worry not, my little pony. I'm sure Elspeth can bring our friend back." said Celestia.

"I've got a really bad feeling 'bout all this." added AJ

"You and me both sister." Pinkie Pie agreed, hair beginning to flatten.

---------------------------------------

Everfree Forest "Hydra's Den"

"Now where are you?"

Jace had been following the trails of Mana left by Liliana and her companion. The trail ended abruptly in a cave, irritating the mind-sculptor. Before he could leave, a familiar voice interjected upon his thoughts.

"It's been so long, my old friend. How fare you?"

"You are no friend of mine. Show yourself." said Jace, turning towards her voice.

Liliana appeared in front of Jace, just behind the cave entrance, together with her pony companion.

"Hello Jace." she said, her voice beaconing to some base part of his nature.

"Vess. It has been a while. Who is your companion?" said Jace, gesturing towards the brown coated pony.

"His name is not of importance...and as you've surely learned by now you cannot dive into his mind, not with my wards in place." she goaded, a smile upon her face like that of a viper.

"Indeed." If he was frustrated, it didn't show. "In any case, What are you doing here? What is it that you want?"

"Nothing of your concern, Mind-Sculptor."

"More power i presume? And I see that you have the Veil in your possession now?"

"I just want to try my powers, Jace. Against those two especially." She chuckled, a chilling sound.

"I see...pony, you do realize that you are just being used by her, and that..." before He could finish, the pony interjected,

"-and that i would be discarded after? Yes, I know that pretty well, Sir Jace. But I cannot risk the life of another, especially the life of my daughter."

"Daughter?" Turning to Lilliana, Jace said "You would stoop to such levels as hostages?"

"Yes, Jace. Are you so surprised?" she answered, with a grin.

"You are really a lost cause now..." His gaze full of disappointment

"Hmhmhm. It seems!Farewell, Jace. 'Till we meet again."

"Wait!" before Jace could react, Liliana and the brown coated pony planes-walked and left Jace with a 'gift.' Specifically, a hydra.

"You never change.....hmph, just a hydra?"

Before the beast could so much as roar, Jace pulled mana from his surroundings and spoke a single word.

Unsummon!

With that the hydra dissipated into a blue mist.

"Best to ask permission first, creature, before you speak."

----------------------------------------
Everfree Forest "Entrance"

A great and terrible roar split the silence of the forest.

"LILIANA!!"

----------------------------------------

To Be Continued