• Published 17th May 2016
  • 3,234 Views, 64 Comments

Finding a place - orioncorey



A young man named Manus is sent into Equestria, a personal dream of his. Of course, that was a while ago. 6.4 billion years ago enough to be considered a while? Then, there's the thing that he can use powerful magic.

  • ...
5
 64
 3,234

8: Awakening

Author's Note:

It's FINALLY OUT!!!! :pinkiegasp: :pinkiehappy:

I'm very, very sorry for the long wait, but the next chapter is out, and I'll update it every week to a month now! Enjoy the story, and stay tuned!

Nito started walking forward, focused on me.

I cursed and leveled up once more, going to 24,000 power and level 3. I looked at the demons again, who were frozen with shock.

I SAID LEAVE. I said, almost unconsciously, in my “serious” voice; a thing that makes most run in fear, seeming almost to pierce the air with it’s volume.

They snapped out of it and turned into smoke, going back into the underworld.

I turned and pointed my hand, still holding the spell at the 5 creatures before me. They had been slowly approaching me, but stopped when I pointed my spell at them, looking apprehensively at it.

Okay, a bit of conversation, to buy time. “Why, hello, Nito. ” I said while staring him down, for I was sure that he was at least semi-intelligent; the 4 kings were mad, and could likely not speak. “And, why are you here?”

Nito answered in a deep rumble, not opening his mouth. Well, his discernable, frontward-facing mouth, that is.
Straight to the point, eh? We are here to stop you, Manus. You’re long overdue to be taken down a couple notches, back to the bottom of the totem pole.

I groaned. Of course he wanted to fight. I’d always hated his battle, even if the memories I have of him seemed like they were from another timeline. It is true that I’m getting a bit out of hand. Let me just say one thing: going Hollow is not enjoyable, and scares me more than Nito does. It also has no cure. Believe me; I’ve searched for 4 billion years, and I’ve found nothing but dead ends and discouraging results. For now, I’d focus on these guys, and then go from there. I need to focus on the situation now. I turned my attention to the spell I’d been charging, a spell I’d been making for such an occasion as this; Cleansing Inferno.

“Well, you are very powerful, but not enough. I can take you all out with one hit, ” I said, bringing up my hand, ”That you have been kind enough to stand there and let me charge.”

They noticed my hand, holding the spell that had charged while we spoke, and immediately started to move. They tried to get away, but they might as well have been moving in slow motion.

I let the spell loose, making a shield around myself that would protect me, so I could actually observe the effects in the eye of the storm.

Said effects were instantaneous. The fire reached just about the temperature of a supernova, incinerating the creatures that were luckily weak to fire, as well as the imbued divine magic in the spell. I was sure they were dead because of the savageness of the explosion, and the divine might of it.

However, when the dust cleared, they were still the better for wear. Only 1 king had been killed, and the others were just beat up. Nito was barely banged up, as well.

I was in shock still when Nito came up and slammed me with his Gravesword, sending me flying. After I’d landed nearly a hundred yards away, I groaned and stood up, cursing under my breath. I don’t understand. That explosion should have destroyed anything below my… level. Oh, come on. I didn’t check their level before we started, I just assumed they were weaker based on the energy around them. What level are they?

I did an actual scan of their powers, which I should’ve done before, and they’re much more powerful than my current level, which should be impossible. After all, it’s 24,000 alicorn’s total magic packed together. Well, I can go much higher than that, so… It’s not technically impossible.

I guess I just need to level up. They’re about 120,000 power right now total, so… level 5? Yeah, that’s 480,000 power.

I recited the ritual mentally again, leveling up to 4 for now. There was a time limit of about 4 minutes between level ups, which is kinda annoying. I would need to hold them off for a bit. I was strategizing on how to do that when Nito spoke again, startling me.

THAT’S your great attack? Don’t make me laugh.

“I thought it would be enough, ” I said, stretching. “I guess I thought wrong. I based the amount of power on your emitted energy via a raymond-gauss differential P/c^2 leakage rate with a helium-oxygen medium, but turns out you’re much more powerful than I thought you were.That’s a habit of mine I actually need to work on: underestimating.”

Nito was staring at me as I spoke, likely because of me going a bit too in-depth. Afterwards, though, I heard a sort of rumble. Well, actually, heard isn’t the right word. It was more like I felt it. I turned to look around the landscape, then looked at Nito and his friends.

“Please tell me that was you.”

Nito's attitude had turned sober now. ...No. I’m guessing that wasn’t you?

I grimaced, looking for the source. Who knew what kind of stuff had happened: either just normal things that happened here in the abyss or… things awakening due to Nito and the Kings showing up, things even I don’t want to mess with; things that had been locked up since before I came, and some even before Faust had came?

I’d fought and met all of them, and they were mostly just powerful, but one of them made these guys right now seem like children, playing with a gun they’d watched their dad use. He was eventually taken down, after 10 straight days of fighting and several hundred gods, including Time, Space, Death, me, and Faust. True, he was the biggest and the strongest of them all, and I hadn’t put all my strength in, but most were just below his strength.

Then, it happened. Just a quick note: On the immortal level, the fabric of space-time isn’t really that strong. I mean, only about a dozen gods can bend it in one move, but a lot more can bend it, too; it just takes a while. Only three beings in all of existence can rip it, however, which is an almost unimaginable feat: Faust, myself, and the being awakening, Letum. I’d sunk him several hundred thousand miles beneath the fabric of space-time, below the Abyss, and down deeper below even that, but he was coming, drawn by beings he could use to fuel himself back to his full power.

He ripped the continuum apart in an instant, breaking the wards that had bound him for over a billion years, which I realized too late that I should’ve strengthened since their original casting. He was almost 2 miles tall at his strongest, but is about 20 feet tall right now, which is one one of the main reasons why he was so hard to bring down. The worst part? He’s at his weakest right now.

Maybe I should’ve stayed gone… It always seems like everything screws up when I come back… Maybe it’s a good thing if I stay forgotten. Okay, this is no time to go into philosopher mode; I have to focus. I need to stop Nito, the Kings, and Letum, now, though, so this is going to be ridiculously difficult.

I leveled up again, now being level 5. Now, of course, I’ll have to strain my powers to deal with Letum at first, but Nito and the Kings will be easy to beat now. If my powers aren’t enough by level 7, my max, then I’ll have to take drastic measures I don’t want to have to. And if that isn’t enough...

Letum finished surfacing, having broken all of the wards and binds, and stood up, stretching out his fingers, savoring the feeling of the air on him. His physique was similar to that of a human, but he had 4 arms. He was muscular, with biceps that seemed to ripple when he moved due to their sheer size. He was white-skinned, but was still wearing his armor from his last battle, a gold that somehow shone blue when the light hit it. It had an ancient-roman centurion plume helmet, which he carried under his arm. His armor had been made by the best smiths that he could force into working for him, and had almost no chinks or weaknesses in it.

It was magic, healing as soon as you cut it, and was adhered to his skin, which by itself would have counted as armor, a thick scalemail. His armor had an ancient-roman feel to it, as well, and lended an overall impression of power and strength. He leaned over, reaching for his side, and pulled out his sword; Lifebane, an evil abomination of a sword that had been cooled in the blood of the same smiths he’d had make it. It was double-edged, but also serrated, designed to deal as much damage as possible. As he pulled it out, it never caught on the sheath, being imbued with the power to shrug off any negative effects, whether they be rust, dents, spells, or anything. It only let one thing touch it; blood, which it readily absorbed during battle, giving its holder more strength. He was bald, and had only one eye with a brown pigment to it, yet tarnished by the occasional dash of black Darkness; he’d given the other eye up for his powers. His lips were tight, and his nose was the only ordinary thing about him, being a normal shape and size.

He noticed me on the ground, and his eyebrows furrowed in anger; he apparently hadn’t forgave me. As his one good eye swept across the scene, he seemed confused for a second; however, his confusion turned to glee as his lips curled into a menacing smile, surveying the kings and Nito, sources of future power.

“Having a party, without me? How rude of you, Manus.” As he spoke, his voice was like a loudspeaker, at an unbelievable volume. “And I thought we were friends. Other than the imprisonment part, of course. I hope you’ll understand that I might be a bit mad about that, but having a get-together without me, on the site of the deed? Now, that’s just intolerable.”

His stance changed, and he lifted his helmet, putting it on his head. Letum lifted his sword, gripping it with both hands and holding it at the ready.

“Now, to finish what I started; destroying this world, and it’s puny inhabitants, starting...” I could only see a bit of his face, but it had turned into a grimace of anger. “WITH YOU.”

Comments ( 11 )

... damn kids getting into my gun cabinet

7962118 I know, right? It happens all the time! :raritywink:


7962257 Best word to describe the chapter. BEST.

7972017 While you write a new chapter I'm going to pull an Indiana Jones and hide in the fridge to avoid the inevitable fight between More Gods.......

7973288 What?! Who, me? Noooo! Well, maybe. By the way, the fridge won't protect you. :pinkiecrazy:

7973516 FRIDGE DON'T FAIL ME NOW!

7973516
Can I has new chapta nao, I been in da fridge for months...

Need M̵̷̰̘̝̝͖̒ͮ̐̇ͫ͐̉̓̐o̧̟͚͖͕ͬ̒ͨ͒̿́ḁ̯̤̑͋͌͡r̴̮̜̦͎̭̋̾̈ͥͪ.̵̰͕̭̻͌̐.̢̙̎̒̋.̈̌͐͆͜҉͍̗̩̬̻̮̦

Is this story still being updated or is it permadead?

Dang! What happened! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRHHHH!

Good story so far, will it get updated at all?

Login or register to comment