• Published 17th May 2016
  • 3,234 Views, 64 Comments

Finding a place - orioncorey



A young man named Manus is sent into Equestria, a personal dream of his. Of course, that was a while ago. 6.4 billion years ago enough to be considered a while? Then, there's the thing that he can use powerful magic.

  • ...
5
 64
 3,234

4: The show's starting

Author's Note:

Yay! It's up! Sorry it's such a short chapter, I'm going to make an extra-long next one to compensate.

Enjoy!

Manus’ POV, day before Nightmare Moon’s return, random Ponyville alley


“Again, where have you been? You’ve been just… wandering? AGAIN!? GIVE SOME WARNING OR… SOMETHING NEXT TIME!” Time was mad. I’d explained that I’d been wandering again, just searching for some quests and doing universal maintenance.

For example, I’d tracked down an Unspeakable from the Abyss that had gotten into Tartarus. It was scaring the shit out of all the prisoners, even the ones that had murdered dozens, or raped, or tortured. I vividly remember Tirek screaming like a filly as it walked by his cage.

Remember when I said that ‘I created the Abyss and Tartarus, to trap the things that shouldn’t ever be free, and will never be because of me’? Those are the things I’m talking about, the Unspeakables.

I spent 3 of the 4.3 million years that I was gone slumbering, though. When I wander every 800 million years or so, I get into a deep, philosophical mood. Those 3 million years were spent pondering knowledge, and meditating in a sleep state. It’s ridiculous, really, that mortals have such small lives. I mean, I spend about 500,000 years in a nap, yet they have less than 100 year lifespans.

“Okay, just… just relax. Okay? Relax. It's not like I spent 30 million years out there, only 4. Besides, I’m back now, and for a very specific reason.

“See, the Elements of Harmony are here, right now. They’re in this city, and Nightmare Moon is coming back, too. I know a lot of things about Destiny and Fate’s ideas and workings, seeing as how they’re practically my daughters.” I tried to calm her and simultaneously convey what my plans were.

Time knew the importance of the Elements, and also especially of Nightmare Moon’s return. I felt tempted to tell her everything I knew. Discord, Tirek, Starlight Glimmer, Chest of Harmony, the Dazzlings, all of it, but I knew better than to interfere with stuff like that. I’d have to keep it a secret, or at least for now.

She visibly relaxed a bit at first, but tensed back up as I told her about the Elements and Nightmare Moon. She held a tiny grudge against Nightmare Moon. Against any Nightmare, actually. She despised evil in any shape or form, and I mean despised.

“Wait, Nightmare Moon is coming back? And the Elements are here, too? All 6? That hasn’t happened in… a long time, and, ” She said, slightly frowning, “Does Celestia know of this?”

I shook my head and said, “No. She doesn’t know, but I am sure that Nightmare Moon is coming back, and tomorrow, and that all 6 Elements are here. Even they don’t know, but they’ll be brought together, and a chain of events will lead to Nightmare Moon being purified and restored to Luna.”

She was silent for a count of ten. Then, she said, “I guess I won’t smite that bitch, then. I kinda missed her, anyway. But, ” She glared at me, “You wouldn’t know her, would you, being gone for 4 million years?”

I winced. “Um, I kinda did a quest for them a couple thousand years ago, in disguise as a powerful unicorn. I hunted some Chimeras and Manticores whose populations were getting out of control, plus some other small things.”

Her eye twitched. “You could talk to the Royal Sisters, and do a quest for them, but YOU COULDN’T TALK TO ME!?”

I sighed. “Just tell Space to watch the Summer Sun Celebration, and to do it ethereally. You show up, as well. We don’t want any incidents happening with us being revealed, though.”

She growled. “I guess. But I demand a full apology. Now.”

“I hate you, but fine. I, Manus, God of Wisdom… ”


Night of the Summer Sun festival, 23 hours later


“Sup, Space. You miss me?”

“What? Oh… wait… ” Space grinned and turned to face me, “Manus! Wazzup? How was your adventure?”

I’d met up with Space, Time, and a few assorted gods and goddesses to whom the word had gotten out to about tonight. I recognized some of them, like Fate, Destiny, Death, and Gaea, but there were some new faces around. They must have come during my absence.

I smiled. “It was pretty cool. I learned all sorts of new things, and met a whole bunch of ponies, but, ” I pointed at the newcomers, “Who are they? The new ones, I mean.”

He glanced over at them. “Oh, we had an explosion of gods, since you were gone, and Ponykind needed more wisdom. They were taking up the space that you left. I don’t think they’re too happy to see you, though, since you’ll be taking their job. That’s Illusion, Mind, Intelligence, Intuitivity, Curiosity, etcetera, etcetera.”

I noticed a few of them eying me, and some of them looked a bit pissed as they glared at me. If they tried to jump me or kill me, they were in for a surprise.

“Whatever. They look like they’re going to try and jump me. Let them. Anyways, let’s watch the show… It’s beginning in 3… 2… 1… NOW.”