• Published 1st May 2016
  • 408 Views, 5 Comments

Violet Skies - Fluttersnake31



A weather scientist falls into a cloud experiment and becomes something more. With her new powers, she's going to unveil Cloudsdale's biggest secret behind their 'breakthroughs' in weather control.

  • ...
 5
 408

Chapter 10 - Pulse to Life

Pulse to Life

The mare slowly came to her senses in a massive jolt of pain. Quickly sitting up in a bed, she noticed her body sparking with tiny bolts of energy as she was shivering. A slightly scorched unicorn doctor had a single defibrillator paddle on his hoof, and the other was laying on the ground. Before Violet could attempt to apologize, a nurse came in to check on the fallen doctor, standing cautiously and stepping towards Violet.

"Are you feeling alright, miss? Please stay calm, we don't know what's wrong with you." the nurse said, trying to carefully levitate a syringe towards her.

Violet noticed what she was doing and tried to counter-levitate it, but she just remembered now that her horn was completely broken off. An intense pain flowed from her stub of a horn as it sparked and fizzed with uncontrolled magic, sending little beams out every which way. Some hit the nurse, who dropped the syringe, causing it to break on the counter as the sedative spilled onto the floor. Taking advantage of the staggered nurse, Violet hopped out of bed, aiming for the door. She overshot, crashing into the door frame before shaking it off and running out down the hall.

The nurse recovered too, and began to chase, pulling a little alarm. While Violet ran, her balance seemed to be significantly off and she felt like she weighed almost nothing. She collided into several walls and other ponies before starting to get some control over herself. There were a few security ponies after her, but Violet recognized that she was in the Canterlot hospital. Once she saw a hallway she remembered, she quickly made a beeline to the exit. The static around her was long gone now, but she knew she would be able to escape before anypony could get her. Passing through the lounge, she shoved open the doors where she stopped in her tracks immediately, almost crashing into the familiar royal guard waiting in front of her.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" was all she could really say as she was surrounded by the hospital security.

The blue stallion glared at her. "Violet, I've been here since you got hurt. They're only trying to figure out what that cloud did to you. Why are you trying to run when they just saved your life?"

Violet raised an eyebrow, looking around at the security and guards. Why did she run? She wasn't really too sure herself. "Well, uh, I guess I was just really scared. They shocked me with the defibrillator, and I don't know what happened, but I guess it woke me up. I'm sorry I made such a commotion, I just don't know what's going on."

Her father sighed placing a hoof on her shoulder. "You need to go back inside and speak with the doctor. He can explain what they know so far."

Violet nodded, "I suppose I can go back inside. But, how long have I been here? You look pretty tired."

"You've been here for a week and a half. A lot's been going on in Canterlot. That gang of pegasai you ran into showed up again, but not as stealthily. We couldn't take them down, so we had to ally with the Flowercolt, and even then, they got away. We can talk about it more later though. You need to see that doctor." he said, motioning to the security. They began to lead Violet back into the hospital, taking her back to the room.

The doctor was looking over some papers when she returned. He was still slightly charred in a few patches on his coat, but he seemed fine. Violet sat down on the bed she'd been in earlier. When she looked at herself in a mirror on the wall, she let out a horrified gasp. Her orange mane was now almost a lemonade yellow color, with greyish tips. Not to mention, her purple coat had small grey splotches in it, as if she'd spilled some sort of paint on a carpet that stained and wouldn't ever get out. Her short spiky tail still maintained some of her natural orange, but with the soft yellow closer to the base, still with the blue-grey tips. The doctor sighed and turned around.

"Miss Violet, I understand how stressed you must be right now, but it is important to stay calm while I explain what we think may have happened to your body." Violet nodded slowly, letting the doctor continue. "When you fell into that cloud chamber, we think that somehow, the thundercloud fused into you. While you were unconscious, you became as light as a pegasus, if not lighter. Not to mention, there is a sporadic lightning that seems to pulse through your veins and amplifies with your heart rate. But none of that is the worst of it... Your heart rate can drop rapidly at a calm enough state, and when you flat-lined, your body started to evaporate. That was when we used the defibrillator, which returned you to normal and woke you in the process. Now, this is a lot to process, but with time, we can help you and perhaps even find a way to cure you."

Violet's mind spun around this insane idea that her body fused with the cloud. How was it possible? How is she ever going to be normal again? Will this bring a multitude of horrible side effects? She could feel the energy pulse within her, making her begin to shiver. The feeling was like an intense rush and as she thought about it more and more, it just felt like it grew more and more. With her mind so lost in herself she didn't hear the doctor trying to get her attention, trying to persuade her to stay calm. Looking down at her front legs, she could see sparks pulsating out of some of her grey splotches, dancing around her legs and body until it'd return to another small spot. Violet could only stare in wonder, her breathing becoming faster and more sparks floating around her. She was in awe, but was starting to panic. It wasn't something she knew how to control, and now two unicorns broke into the room.

"I- I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on! I- I can't. I feel it so much!" was all she could say, coming out as almost a scream. One of the two security guards that came in tried to hold her in place with a control pole used for aggressive patients or large dogs, but due to the conductive metal of the rod he ended up shocking himself. Violet screamed, the confusion and terror causing her to feel her heartbeat become even faster, faster than any normal ponies' heart could ever beat. Her whole body was sparking like a severely angry thundercloud as she began to feel like she was hovering. She wouldn't even notice in her panicked state, but the doctor and confused guard saw her legs begin to dissolve and transform into a mass of black cloud. The doctor and guard ran out of the room, awaiting help.

Quickly, normal royal guards came hurrying into the room and two of them cast a large bubble-like spell on the half-cloud, half-pony Violet to hold her in place. Another guard had a dart gun of sorts and fired numerous tranquilizer darts into her neck and upper body that hasn't begun to dissolve yet. The panicked Violet strained in her magical bonds before soon falling asleep, the sparking ceasing as she fell into deep sleep. Sighing in relief, the doctor cautiously came back into the room as Violet's father came in.

The doctor just frowned, watching as Violet's body seemed to reform again. "I don't have any idea what to do, Blue. Your daughter has one of the most unique ailments we've seen here. We may have to put her somewhere that can better take care of her. I fear she may not be stable unless she gets some mental help too, to control her body at the very least. Honestly, I don't want to risk being injured by her emotional fluctuations which seem to be causing all this electrical discharge."

Violet's father furrowed his brow, walking over to place a hoof on Violet's forehead, pulling it back with a quiet wince from a small shock. "Doc, there must be somewhere else. She's a strong mare, I know it. There must be someplace that deals with magical afflictions rather than this place which seems only to be proficient with the common cold and broken bones. I will not take her to that damned mental hospital, not in the state it's been in since the warring in the north and the princesses' absence."

"Look, it may be the best place equipped to deal with her. She'll be safe enough. Better there than she would be here. We don't have the same numbers of doctors and nurses as we did before the ridiculous northern efforts. What good is a frozen wasteland anyways, even if the weather corporation can 'turn it into a hospitable land'. But you're distracting me from the point. She needs a different kind of help than what we offer, and the mental facility could at least calm her so she doesn't electrocute every random pony who gets her worked up."

The tired old guard sighed. He wasn't going to let her go to an asylum. Glancing down at Violet, then over to a vase with a fake rose in it, he got an idea. "I'm going to take her. I know somepony that's helped her out before. I have a feeling he might be able to help her again. I suppose I'll thank you for at least trying to help though." he'd say before lifting up Violet with his magic and setting the unconscious mare over his back, walking out of the room and down the hall.

The doctor tried to follow him, appalled by Blue's initiative. "You can't just take her, she needs a professional. We don't know what is wrong with her, and she must stay in a medical facility until whatever it is that's causing this is found out. We haven't cleared her to leave, only to transfer facilities!"

Blue grunted in annoyance, trying to ignore the smaller unicorn doctor. Pushing through a doorway, he was now in the lobby. The doctor ran in front of him, standing nervously in the way. With ease, Blue just walked past him, "I don't care what your policies are, but I know well enough that she doesn't need your asylum's help." With that, Blue left for a hidden garage on the edge of town that only he and one other pony knew about. Inside was the pony he was seeking, the mysterious stallion Flowercolt.

The vigilante was wearing his full head mask and forest green suit that sported a dark goldenrod cape. Standing up from the chair he sat in, he watched Blue set down Violet softly onto the ground. "Sergeant Blue, what's going on? There was no calls for help, so what happened to this mare?", he asked before making the connection in his head, "She's your daughter, isn't she?"

The older stallion nodded. "Yeah, it is. I know you've saved her life before, and I never had a chance to thank you yet. However, I might need your help again. I need somepony to find out what's wrong with her, and I figured you might know some super-pony that could help her. The doc was saying that she needs to go to the Asylum, but we both know that's where we've been sticking any of those pegasus gang members we've been catching. Figured, you probably are in league with some other heroes out and about in the other towns. Seems like the whole vigilante thing is getting popular. I just read about rumors of one in the Crystal Empire with all the war prepping up there, and another in Ponyville for who knows why. Anyways, she was in a bad accident at the weather factory and they're thinking that her body fused with some sorta' cloud. I don't know, it's a bit over my head. Is there any way you can help?"

Flower looked down at Violet, sighing. "I don't know what sort of comics you've been reading, but I'm not part of any team or league. I don't know who those other ones are, and honestly, I don't have any sort of powers anyways. I grow my dandelion darts and my grapes from specially treated seeds. I dont' know if I can help her, I'm not any sort of medical professional. If it makes you feel better, I can keep her safe, maybe try to talk to her. There's a friend of mine back in Las Pegasus I can ask for advice from, but it'd be a slow process. You know how busy we've been here. With the war in the north about to begin, and the pegasus gang getting better weapons, I won't have very much time to treat her of whatever is wrong with her. Her mane isn't even the same color anymore, and her coat has all those spots. She looks like she came down with some sort of dalmation disease or something."

Frowning, Blue sat down. Flowercolt's reply was dissappointing, but Blue couldn't protect her himself. Not in their little house. "If.. If you can just protect her and watch over her until all this chaos is over, then I'll take her wherever she needs to go. If your friend can somehow help her, even if its all the way from Las Pegasus, it'd be better than nothing. Please take care of her. She's a sweet little mare, and she won't tell anypony of your identity if you have to reveal yourself to her. I'm sure she'll understand the situation when she awakens."

Lifting her onto his own back, Flower went over towards a back door. "Alright. I'll keep her safe. I can't guarantee anything though. I'll let her know you only did this to protect her."

Giving a soft smile, Blue nodded. "Thanks. I'll try to get any information on her from the hospital if it'll help your friend find out what's wrong with her and if we can fix it."

Flower nodded back, pressing a button to call an elevator, stepping inside with Violet. Once the doors were closed and it began shuttling them down, Blue had left the abandoned garage. Violet was in safe hooves now, and he could go home and relax. Or, at least for now.

Comments ( 2 )

(Instagram)

By that you mean the artist was found on Instagram, right?

7418647
Well, honestly, I found her on whisper of all places, and I still wanted to credit her, so she just said to put her instagram. Lol

Login or register to comment