• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 2,312 Views, 77 Comments

Where to begin. - biomecheon



"My life has gone through some weird changes, only for some to be undone. Why? Because Magic, why else?

  • ...
9
 77
 2,312

How one ended

"So what's the damage?" I said to the overpowered unicorn across from me.

StarSwirl gives m flat look, hangs his head and sighs. "Would it kill you to act like a prince, Nebula?" StarSwirl had grown into a slightly above average unicorn, I blame that on his constant fighting with my sister. His magic had also grown and is now considered the strongest unicorn, as well as being thought of as a wingless alicorn. He also gained a strange fashion sense over the years. I could understand the wizard getup just fine, but does he really need so many bells?

"Yes, yes it would. Now tell me what happened to me before something happens to you."

StarSwirl just rolls his eyes and proceeded to perform a magic scan of me. Normally, I would go to the medical wing if there was something wrong with me, if there was ever something wrong. I swear, becoming an alicorn gave me wolverine's healing factor.

The reason I'm here in StarSwirl's lab is because this is more about what happened with my magic a couple a days ago.

Once his magic scan finishes, StarSwirl's face shows something other than uninterested. And since this is happening to the guy that was born with a permanent scowl, I'm not feeling to good about the news.

"..."

"...Well." I was losing patience with this guy fast. I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that Celestia would try and kill me, I probably would have thrown him out the window right now.

Don't look at me like that. Beard boy made a spell for self levitation and can teleport just fine. Besides, it's only the second floor. and I would be would be more concerned about the rose bushes at the bottom.

"From what I can detect from you, and that's not much since you're an alicorn, physically speaking you're fine. Mentally speaking, you're insane."

"This coming from the pony that said yes when two alicorn mares asked if they their dresses made them look fat. For a stallion that's so smart, you sure are stupid."

"They asked, what was I supposed to do? Lie."

"Let me put it this way. We're still repairing that half of the castle."

"How is that my fault?!"

"Because you're stupid, that's how. Now what did the rest of your scan say?"

"... Nothing good. You're magic has been severely weakened from the spell you used. Add in the fact that you took an unknown curse that appears to be men to remove you're... I'm not even sure what it was supposed to do at this point." He's ranting again, better stop him before he forgets I'm here.

"Is it going to kill me?"

StarSwirl was was broken out of his little world from that. "... Well no, but-"

I am not about to give him the chance to explain magic theory again. Especially after last time. "Is it going to drain my magic?"

"No."

"Am I in any immediate danger to myself or others." At this point I'm just trying to get out of here before he wants to cut me open.

"Not that I know of."

"Then what's the problem?"

"That's just it. We know nothing about this curse, for all we know it was supposed to turn you and your sisters evil. Let's not forget that you took the curse for your sisters as well." He had a point, as far as we're concerned they could have been trying to throw on three different curses with Faust knows what. Now I have all three and no idea what they're going to do.

"... Okay, we'll play it safe and check everything about me on a daily bases... As long as it's relevant to the this and not to feed your sick lust for knowledge." He cringed then glared at me. For the record, StarSwirl has been trying to study my family to see what separates the alicorns from the ponies. As far as I'm concerned, he take his curiosity and give it to a dragon.

"Thank you, and I wasn't going to use this as an excuse to experiment on you."

"Sure you weren't."


It had been a few years since my sisters and I had taken in our students. All three had grown up and 'graduated.' StarSwirl became the head Mage or high wizard or whatever you want to call it, that's what he was. Whirlwind became captain of the royal guard. Apple Slice got the part of royal baker, although she could stand to stop trying to make all our meals perfect.

As for more recent events, we were just recently attacked by the group that sent the assassins. They shredded straight through the castle and took all the guards. A large number of them won't be returning to active duty anytime soon.

I found out about them being there when they burst through the door. We expected them to give some long winded speech about their plans and all that. These guys were surprisingly competent, instead of wasting time, these guys just sent three blasts of magic at us.

It's hard to remember what happened. It didn't go by fast, quite the opposite. Everything was slowed down and I couldn't even think. My body just moved on its own. I pushed both of my sisters out of the way and braced for the magic to hit. I only had one thought going through my mind at the time.

I hate magic.

After the magic had struck, I found myself in a small crater in the floor. I was squatting down like a terminator. I didn't feel any different, I still had access to my magic, and the group had yet to do anything else.

I heard them talking about taking everything of ours for themselves. Power, immortality, knowledge. I'm not sure what they were trying to do with that magic since I didn't feel any different, but I was not about to give them a chance to try again.

I used every ounce, inch, drop, piece I had into one spell I have never tried to use before.

I created a void to lock them away in. It was not permanent, but they would not be getting out without the help of an alicorn. It's still hard to explain what the would be needed to open it, not that I was going to tell anyone in the first place.

All of the attackers had been jailed and I had used all my magic. From what I could tell, the spell was unstable at best, but still worked. StarSwirl had later told me that since it worked, if it was forced open by anything of than what I chose as the key, then the whole thing would have some violent results.

I’m sorry if this doesn’t make any sense, everything gets a little fuzzy after getting hit with three powerful blast of magic at once.

Once my spell was complete, I went about helping my sisters. Luna was a cake walk since she was more concerned about my life. Tia on the other hand...


"Celestia, you okay?" No response. I looked over to my oldest sister to find her curled up in the corner. She had this expression on her face, it wasn't scared, or angry. She looked like had just seen a god (or mom) killed in the most brutal and sadistic way possible. It was so bad that me and Luna were convinced that she had just stopped living altogether.

"TIA!" Me and Luna scream and run over to her. She didn't respond.

Once we were closer, I could hear some kind of mumbling coming from her. Worst part was that she was saying random words. She wasn't repeating the same word, or speaking in complete sentences. Just saying the first thing that she could.

"Sister! What art thee doing?!" Still nothing, although she did manage to make my ears ring again. "Neby! Our sister is not responding!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"We want thou to fix her!"

SLAP!

"Neby!"

"What? I'm trying to help."

"So you slap her!?"

"You never said how." She just gave me a flat stare.

SLAP!


After I had managed to calm my sisters down from their own little freak outs, we went about taking care of the damage.

Once everything had calmed down, we made word of what happened to the public. We got some interesting results, well, I did. I was giving my sisters therapy, mostly Celestia.

Things went okay with the populace. And by okay I mean they were demanding we hunt down the group and take their heads. For the record, ponies have no idea what 'take their heads' means. It's something the griffins say, but wasn't fully explained what it means.

I would have loved to explained it to them, but my sisters would have taken my head instead. Still good to see ponies, even nobles, actually care about us. I'm still not a fan of ponies.

It was a couple weeks after my talk with StarSwirl that I decided to find what that group had left behind. It worked in my favor by giving me a chance to get away from ponies before my curses started taking affect.

My sisters didn't want to see me leave. Platinum was holding onto my leg, saying i would have to drag her through the dirt before she let me leave. I had only lifted the leg she wasn't on when she teleported next to the others. I'm still surprised the prime and proper one even got on the ground in the first place.


"So Platinum, what's it like getting dirty?" I taunted with smug look on my face. The resulting glare and smack was more than worth. "I thought you weren't supposed to smack a prince."

"A prince, no. You." Swish!

"HA! Ya missed, you old hag!"

SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!

I deserved that, but it was still worth it. Although, why Apple Slice, Luna, and Tia decides to join in is beyond me. I look over to the last two members of my family.

Dear Faust, my worst nightmare has come true. The ponies have turned me into one of them.

*shiver* Moving on from that disturbing thought.

"Are either of you going to abuse me as well, or can we move on?"

"I'm saving mine for when you get back."

"If I hit you, you'll either say I hit like a filly or hit me. Most Likely both." The dude had me there.

"Fair enough. Now, anything anypony wants to say before I disappear for the next week, or two?" Or ten. Years.

"You better be there for my birthday next month. You promised to help me set up a new constellation."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world Luna."


After the last of the goodbyes were said, I set out to find whatever remained of the group that wanted to hurt my family. I made the mistake of letting them close to my sisters once. I was not going to give them the chance to try again. Who knows, maybe I’ll find something about what happened to Faust. Hopefully she didn’t join the dark side or something stupid like that.

It’s funny. When I first came into this world, I wanted to just lock everything away and try to find out how to go home. I couldn’t stand all the talk like I was nothing more than a prize for the noble families to fight for. I hated that my family acted like there was no point in trying to find where I came from or how to get me back. I just hated everything about what had happened in my life.

Now I can barely remember anything about what had happened before I came to this world. I know I was human, but I’m not so sure about anything else. Since I’m heading out into the world, might as well try giving them a better reputation than what I did.

I do know one thing about being human. I don't need a mountain of gold, or a beautiful princess. I just need a reason worth fighting for, and protecting the family, my family. Well I can't think of anything better than that.

"Now I just have to figure out where to begin."

Author's Note:

This one is way over do, and I'm very sorry for that.

I would have added something like the crystal empire, drciosD, or Tirek. But all three of those were either terrible or gave me a headache.

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter and please tell me were I messed up.