• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 2,312 Views, 77 Comments

Where to begin. - biomecheon



"My life has gone through some weird changes, only for some to be undone. Why? Because Magic, why else?

  • ...
9
 77
 2,312

Where to Next?

"I can't believe I'm going back. It's been years since I left that damn place." I was currently on a train heading for the capital of Equestria, more specifically the castle that sites over the side of a mountain. Seriously, what kind of idiot builds a city floating off the side of a mountain. Magic or not, that's just stupid.

Anyways, I'm heading back there because the princess had asked for help finding her brother. The lost alicorn prince of the stars. Most ponies would freak out if they learned such a thing, like when Luna came back, or they Sparkle-corn became Twilicorn. Personally, I don't care. I'm only doing this for a few shiny bits, and you won't find any as shiny as a royal one.

Before you ask, I am a mercenary. I take the the jobs the day guard are scared of to busy for, and the night guard don't have time for. A few 'nobles' have approached me with job offers where no wasn't an option. It's ponies like that make me want to throw...

... I just figured out why Cantorlot is on that mountain.

Moving on from that Genius not true or realistic thought. The last time I was in the castle was around the time my sister ran away. Princess Celestia refuses to tell me what happened to Sunset. Since I couldn't get a straight answer from the royal sun butt herself, I ran off to find her myself.

And get away from BlueBlood, but that was just a bonus.

It's been years since I've last set foot anywhere near that mountain, and I'm still no closer to finding my sister since that first day. With everything I was doing, I was running out of bits fast. So I had to...

... I already talked about this, didn't I? You know, just once I would like to be able to keep my train of thought going in a straight line for once.

I got a couple more hours until I get to the next stop, some town near the base of the mountain. I'll just go to sleep and see if my thoughts are any more clear than they are right now.


"For the last time dear nephew, we are still waiting for Twilight and her friends to arrive." Said the monarch of the sun to the whining prince.

"But aunty I have a party to attend to in three hours. I still have to pick a suit, the guards to escort me, the chariot, and find a mare to bring."

Unknown to the prince was that, despite her calm expression and motherly smile, Celestia was trying not to beat her head against the wall. Luna, on the other hand, was off to the side enjoying the misery that the older alicorn was experiencing at the moment.

"Blueblood, I assure you that what my sister and I are going to reveal will be well worth the wait." Celestia said with a barely noticeable twitch in her eye.

Blueblood was about to respond when the doors opened and in walked two ponies. Seeing the chance to escape her overly spoiled nephew, the princess quickly rushes over to greet them both. Blueblood, however, had decided to explain why his time would be better spent preparing for an event he wouldn't show up to for another four hours. Luna took the chance to place sound proof shield around the ignorant stallion.

"Candace, Shining Armor, glade you two could make it. How are things going in the Crystal empire?"

"Hello aunty Celestia, aunty Lina. The Empire is fine, if a bit slow with catching up to modern times." The youngest princess said while her husband gave a salute.

"So what is this secret you two are going to reveal? A colt friend perhaps?" The princess of asked with a hopeful grin.

"That is going to have to wait until the others have arrived, dear niece." The night princess stated. Gaining a smirk when Blueblood realized he was the center of attention, which he started to throw a tantrum over.


"Can somepony please tell me why we're taking a train to Canterlot?"

"Because Rainbow, the princess sent a letter saying she had something that she wants to tell us." I roll my eyes as I remind rainbow on why it is we're heading to the castle.

"I know that Twi. What I want to knows is, when you're a princess, why we're taking the train instead of a chariot?"

"Because we, um..." She does have a point.

Suddenly Pinkie(feel free to skip her next few lines)

"Because we're going to meet a new pony who's going to help us on the mission the princess is going to send us on, silly. Oh, what do you think this new pony is going to be like? Do you think they'll like parties. Hey, why are not listening to me? I mightsaysomethingimportantandyoumightmissitandthenyouwillbeallsadandIdon'twantanyponytobesadHeywaityouaren'tapony*gasp*doyouwanttobefriendsdoyoulikeparties..." Don't think about Twilight. It's just Pinkie being Pinkie.

Before anything else could be said, the train pulls into the station. Not many ponies are getting off since Ponyville doesn't have any major attractions, unless you count my castle. We make our way on board and find our seats as the train starts pulling away. There's only one other pony in here.

A deep blue pegasus stallion with ice blue mane that turns to white near the ends. He seems to be dress like he's been on the move a lot. hopefully Rarity doesn't decide to 'help' him. He's also asleep if the snores are anything to go by.

"SURPRISE!"

"SWEET MOTHER OF THE GODS!" Never mind, Pinkie got to him.

Author's Note:

"There pinkie, I put up another chapter and you're in it. Now will you leave me alone?"

"..."

"Pinkie?"

"..."

"O...kay then. Let's hope she doesn't find her way back. Anyway same stuff as always. Been putting up with a lot of stress, so sorry for the wait. No idea about the next chapt-"SURPRISE!" DAMMIT PINKIE!"