• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 2,312 Views, 77 Comments

Where to begin. - biomecheon



"My life has gone through some weird changes, only for some to be undone. Why? Because Magic, why else?

  • ...
9
 77
 2,312

From a Prince to a Teacher?

My sisters and I have decides to take on apprentices. Why? I have no idea, Luna and Celestia won't tell me anything. Heck, no one tells me anything until that last second. I'm not kidding. An ambassador from the minotaurs was stopping by, they sent word about a month ahead, and I didn't find out until the guy was knocking at the door. I didn't even here why he was here until he told me during the meeting.

I'm getting off topic. For some reason they both thought it would be a good idea to start taking in students. I saw no point in that what so ever, but if I didn't then I would have to put up with my sisters constant nagging. I do that already, but even I have limits.

Celestia took up a unicorn named Star Swirl. I found it weird that his mark was similar to my own. Although mine looked like a nebula. His looked more like a bunch of stars being flushed down a toilet. Minus the toilet part. Also he was a colt.

Luna took up a Pegasus by the name of Whirlwind. Again, it was a colt. Dude was ash grey with dark brown mane and tail. His mark was, you guessed it, a whirlwind. Shocker, I know.

I found an earth pony filly to teach. She had a orange coat and a red mane with a single forest green stipe one one side. Her make was actually an apple pie with a slice taken out. Her name was actually Neon Light. Okay, how many of you believe that? Her real name was Apple Slice. Weird when her mark is alarmist a full apple pie with a slice missing.

My sisters said I would be begging for their help within a day. Well, Tia said that. Luna just face palmed, who she thought was being stupid is something I didn't care about. Instead I just took Apple Slice off to start teaching her. Wasn't that bad for a first day.


"So Apple Slice, is there anything you want to know before we start?" We were outside in the castle gardens for the first day.

"N-No your majesty." She was shaking and had a slight look of fear on her face.

"Apple Slice." I said with a stern tone and a serious look.

"Y-Yes?" The kid is now cowering.

I stair her dead in the eyes, then crack a grin and said. "Call me Nebula." That might have been a bit mean, but now she looks more confused than anything else. "Okay Apple. I'm going to explain how this is going to work, okay?"

"Okay?"

"Okay. So I'm going to be teaching about different things. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask. I'm new to this teaching thing, so I am going to make mistakes." I would have continued, but the filly decided to cut me off.

"But you're a prince! Prince's don't make mistakes!" All things considers, quite the opposite.

"That is where you are wrong Apple Slice. Everypony makes mistakes."

"... Even royalty?" As if to answer her question, my sister called me.

"Nebula! We require your assistance with Whirlwind!"

"Nebula! Star Swirl is not listening to us. Get in here Nd help!"

I looked Apple Slice in the eye with the biggest shit ratting grin I could muster. I turned in the direction my sisters and gave them my reply. "Sorry girls! But Apple Slice is just to sweet to leave right now! I'm sure you both will figure something out!"

"NEBULA!"

I looked back at Apple Slice with the same smirk. She was trying to hide her giggling behind her hands. The only think that did was make her cuter.

Forget that last part. I said forget, not go back and re-read it.

"Do you still think royalty can't make mistakes?" She just giggled and shock her head. "Good. Now the question for both all of us is..."

"Where to begin?" She asked.

I gave a gentle smile and responded. "...Yes."


From that day onward one of use would ask the other a question. We would use that as the base of what would be taught that day. Sometimes I would ask her to teach me so the both of us would be learning something. I showed her a great many things. She showed me how to make a mean apple pie.

Almost got Tia to give up cake for it. Almost, but not this century. Those were her exact words.

Luna and Whirlwind eventually got something working. Whirlwind seems like Hurricanes kid. If she swung that way that is. She showed him how to plan strategies and handle military business. Luna learned that Pegasi don't sit still, ever.

Celestia on the other hand was to busy fighting with Star Swirl every other second. Which is why me and Apple slice had our lessons outside or on the other side of the castle. Star Swirl wanted to learn magic, and magic, also magic, can't forget magic. You get the point. Tia, however why trying to play games with the kid instead of teach him, at all. He got mad when ever she suggested a game. She got mad whenever he 'demanded' to be taught by a professional. I, personally, think they were bonding. Or plan the others murder. Which ever came first.

But like everything else in my life here in magic pony land, someone finds a way mess it up. All things considered, having the nobles demand we teach their kids instead of our current ones could be worse. All it took was saying each one of use would only take one student at a time. That did stop them, nothing ever does. So I decided to turn them against each other and watch them fight to the death from the side lines. I told them that the three of us would be willing to take on a fourth student that each one of us would be teaching. This got the desired effect of having the noble argue among themselves and leave us the Tartarus alone.

That just doesn't sound as good as the human word for underworld.

In the end, the nobles were at each others throats, the students learned (some more than others), and my sisters and I got some R & R out of it. For once, something I thought was bad didn't end badly. Hope it stays that way, but if it does. Just got to figure out...

"Where to begin."

Author's Note:

If any of you think this is the end, you're wrong.
If you think this is why the story is called 'Where to begin.' You're half right. I'm leaving it at that.

If you are wondering, yes, Apple Slice is Apple Jack's ancestor.

Tell me my mistakes, random ideas you have, bla bla bla. You know the drill, do I really need to put it down again?