• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 2,312 Views, 77 Comments

Where to begin. - biomecheon



"My life has gone through some weird changes, only for some to be undone. Why? Because Magic, why else?

  • ...
9
 77
 2,312

I'm supposed to what?

Life got a lot more complicated after the three of us took the thrones. For one thing I had to get some stupid pony name for my new role as prince. I wasn't about to start thinking like a pony and made the stupid mistake of saying 'If you got a better idea, then let's hear it,' in front of both my sisters and all three aunts. The number of times I face palmed from that could have payed off the national dept.

For those who want to know how bad my torture was, here is a small list: Silvy, Hot Head, Brute, Sparky, Titanium (guess who suggested that), shrimp, and my personal most hated one Twinkly. I'm still trying to figure how that one came to be. I just left, with two guards who don't understand personal space, and made my way back to my room to think. I can still hear those five arguing over what I should be called. I don't know when it happened, but after a couple of days of hearing them fighting over it, as well as Luna waking me up in three in the morning, I had enough. I decided that the next time I had the five of them in the same room as me. I would give them one word, and leave it at that.


"Nebula."

A collective 'huh' rang out from my family, as well as the guards, as they all looked at me. We were in the middle of dinner when they decided to start up the 'debate' as Platinum calls it.

"It's been almost five days now and you five are still fighting-"

"Debating, dear, we are debating." Platinum corrected me, again. For the eighth time, today.

"I don't care what it's called, my point is that this needs to stop." I responded with a role of my eyes. "So just call me Nebula and be done with it."

"But I like Silvy." I look over to the source of the comment and, Dang it Luna, not the eyes. She was looking at me with her strongest, whatever you want to call them. All I know is that looking into those things for to long was a death sentence. Worst part was that she was sitting next to me, so I had to turn my head to look away. Then she had to make it worse. "Pwease big bwover."

"Oh come on, how is that even legal?" And Que the tears. "Aug, fine Luna. You can call me silvy if you want to-" Quickly pointing at the others i the room. "-But only Luna gets to call me that!" I only got knowing smirks, a few giggles, an Celestia with that evil look of hers. I would have given her a glare, if not for the clomping Luna gave me.

"Thanks Silvy." and like that she ran off. I turn back to the rest of my family and prepare for the humiliation that is about to come.

"... So what's this 'Big Bwover' thing Luna mentioned?" Hurricane asked with a knowing smirk and raised brow. My only response was to slam my head on the table and groin.


As it turned out, I was actually the youngest of the three alicorns. Only because my age was a guess, and they put me at about one alicorn year behind my sisters, who only have a three normal year difference between each other. The only reason Luna called me big brother was that me and Celestia were slightly taller than her.

Celestia never let's me live it down that I'm 'younger' than her. It only got worse when Luna learned why she did it to me. Thanks to that, it was good bye 'Big Bwover,' and hello 'Wittle Sister.'There are times that I wish I could kill Celestia, every time I hear that for example.

Moving on to others things since mom, yes I've started referring to her as mom, sue me. Anyway, Since mom went MIA, we had to learn a lot more than just politics. My sisters had the advantage of already having some schooling. Me, I was doomed from before I woke up as a pony.

The problem was that my 'teachers' gave me long, long winded versions of 'Because you have magic, now do it.' I really hate those guys. Earth pony magic wasn't that hard to understand, it just acted like a steroid or performance drug without the side effects. If any thing it made 'that part' of me bigger. Pegasus and Unicorn magic were a lot harder, especially the ladder.

Learning to fly was a pain in every part of my body. It only got worse when Hurricane had a "Great Idea."


Me and my aunts were currently climbing up a tower, a very tall tower. Except for hurricane, who was fling close by.

"Why are we doing this?" I asked my flying aunt.

"We have some work to do." was the only answer I got. Everyone just stayed quit until we were at the top. Platinum looked like she was paralyzed with how scarred she was. I looked over the edge to see the drop was at least ten stories. How ponies managed to build a wooden tower like this one in such a short amount of time was beyond, no wait, it was probable magic.

"Hurricane, we shouldn't be up here." Platinum said. I know she's annoying, but she does have more common sense than half the nobility, so I had to agree on the matter. Especially since only one of use could fly. I may have wings, but so do penguins. Maybe that's what my wings are for. Definitely safer than trusting my aunts crazy idea.

Hurricane landed behind me and whispered in my ear, "Who's ready to fly?" I could feel the color leave my face and fur at that.

"I don't know about this. He is still a colt, so maybe he's not old enough to fly." Puddinghead said in a slightly nervous tone. Why is it that the crazy happy-go-lucky one sounding scarred didn't calm me down.

Hurricane just looked of at the unicorn and earth pony. "Quit, this is how they learn." And being the idiot I am, I opened my big mouth.

"And how is that?" I said giving my no longing favorite aunt a nervous look, hoping she'll get the message.

"You throw then and they figure it out. It's how I was tout." My other aunts just looked at each other, then to myself, then back to the psychopath of a commander.

Since my aunt didn't seem to get what the problem was, I took matter into my own hands. "Okay, I'm getting down now." Bad move on my part. Not even a second latter, I felt something grab the back of my shirt.

"That's my nephew, and don't worry Aunty is right hear if you need her." If the looks Platinum and Pudding head were giving me were any sign. Then my face clearly made Celestia's fur look black.

"I can't watch this." Princess said covering her eye's.

"Please don't." Puddinghead said with a scared/nervous look.

"Here." The commander picks me up. "We." Turns towards the edge. "Go." And throws me.

Some foals would scream something like 'Weeeee.' Other would start going 'Ahhhhh." Me, I was throwing insult after insult at my nut case of an aunt. The worst part was not a single one was a curse. Although I think a pony curse found it's way in there, if 'pony feathers' counts.

"... He still not flying."

"He will."

"... Still not."

"It will happen."

"... This is a tall tower."

"That's why it's good."

"... You should get him."

"Hurricane!"

"I did that my first time."

"He's getting to close to the ground!"

"You know what, he's not going to fly."


Hurricane was only able to catch me with enough time to pull up a foot before we both hit. Only for her to fly us both through tree top after tree top. Worst part was that the both of us were yelled at for what happened. Hurricane was yelled at by Platinum and Puddinghead, while I was yelled at by Celestia and Hurricane for not flying. Luna was to busy hugging me to help.

This is why I hate ponies.

Author's Note:

The second I decide to put in a flying lesson, my thoughts went straight to this