• Published 3rd Mar 2016
  • 3,316 Views, 222 Comments

Twilight Sparkle has a Pokemon Journey - Darkmetroidz



Twilight recieves her first pokemon and goes off on an adventure. She meets new friends and rivals while striving to be the best Pokemon Trainer in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 222
 3,316

PreviousChapters Next
Quarterfinals Round 3- Rarity vs. Braeburn

Rarity, unlike the others, hadn't spent her time training battling. She was every bit confident in Kirlia's strength, but she had wanted to practice their teamwork in order to make sure that they were completely in sync when they battled. Rarity wore the dress she had spent the day making, and Kirlia the matching bow. They were certainly the best dressed contenders at the event, but as their performance in the qualifiers had proven, they were no slouches in the battling department either. Their opponent would be Applejack's cousin Braeburn, and his Numel. Their performance hadn't been spectacular, but was nonetheless respectable. They showed the level of cooperation that came from working hard in the orchards together. However, Rarity would have to prove her and Kirlia's bonds were deeper.

"Let the third battle of the quarter finals begin!" The emcee declared. His bravado seemed to have reinflated after casting the electrifying battle between Twilight and Prism.

"Alrighty Numel, let's get to work!" Braeburn shouted.

"Kirlia, it's our time to shine!" Rarity yelled back. Kirlia stepped forward with a twirl, the rhinestones in her bow twinkling in the sunlight.

Both pokémon stared each other down as their trainers sized up their opponents. Kirlia and Rarity both held a stoic air, while Numel and Braeburn both looked excited and eager to battle.

Rarity was able to get the first move off. "Alright Kirlia, let's start this off with confusion!" Kirlia concentrated her psychic energies, directing a perplexing blast right at Numel, knocking it backwards.

"Ha, good try, but your attacks ain't gonna confuse my Numel!" Braeburn declared with an overconfident hoof pointed at his opponent. "He's got Own Tempo! Nothin's gonna confuse him!"

Rarity gave a dismissive scoff in reply. "No competent trainer would ever depend on the secondary effects of moves. What kind of an amateur do you think I am?"

"Well then, try this one on for size!" He shouted back. "Numel, use yawn!" Numel let out a massive, tiring yawn, sending an echo across the stadium. Just watching it made her feel drowsy, an effect that Kirlia was feeling even harder.

"Uh oh, looks like that yawn has put Kirlia to sleep!" The emcee shouted, "Rarity's in trouble! Her Kirlia is completely vulnerable!"

"Not quite so!" A knowing smile spread across Rarity's face. She had at least one trick up her ruffled sleeve. "You see Braeburn, my Kirlia has an ability as well. It's called…" She paused for effect, waiting for the ability to activiate. After a minute of silence, Numel fell asleep too, even though he had been fine a minute ago.

"What in tarnation?"

"Synchronize." She finished.

"It looks like both pokémon have fallen asleep!" The emcee cried. Both trainers gawked awkwardly at their pokémon. True to form, both of the pokémon lay asleep on the dirt, leaving the battle at a complete standstill.

"Well, this is embarrassing." She sighed. The trainers stood earnestly, waiting with immense tension. Whoever woke up first would have a major leg up in the battle.

As luck would have it, Kirlia regained consciousness first. "And Kirlia is awake again!" The emcee announced, trying to stifle a laugh. He, like the audience, found the situation humorous.

"Let's capitalize on this advantage!" Rarity yelled to her now-awake pokémon, "Use dream eater, right away!" Kirlia's eyes lit up with an unearthly red flash. A dream cloud projected from Numel's head, making the contents of his dreams visible to all. Rarity saw the small pokémon, frolicking in a field of cakes. Kirlia drew the dream away from Numel, causing it visible pain, while she seemed nourished by the consumed dream.

The shock of having its dream devoured stirred Numel awake. "You alright little buddy?"

"Num! Numel!" Braeburn's pokémon answered.

"Alrighty then! Let’s hit 'em with a toxic!" He shouted.

Rarity just sighed. "Some ponies never learn." Kirlia took the hit without flinching, and Synchronize poisoned Numel right back. Now both pokémon were suffering from the venom, and it was becoming apparent that Kirlia had far more stamina left than Numel. "Shall we finish this dearie?" Rarity asked.

"Kirlia! Kir!" Her pokémon responded, almost as if she was laughing.

"Very well then, finish it with draining kiss!" Kirlia planted a kiss on Numel's snout. At first it seemed almost cute, but rapidly Kirlia began draining Numel's vitality away, leaving the pokémon wobbling. The poison surged one last time, and Numel fell over, unconscious.

"Numel is unable to battle! The winner is Rarity!" The emcee declared, to cheers from the audience. "Rarity and Kirlia will be moving on to the semi-finals, to face the winner of the next match: Pinkie Pie versus Applejack!"

Kirlia and Rarity gave a synchronized bow to the audience. Braeburn tipped his hat to his opponent. "Well done, partner. You and your Kirlia sure are a pair."

Rarity beamed at the compliment. "Why thank you Braeburn. You and your Numel are also quite the combination."

"No need to sugarcoat it, darlin'." He sighed. "You two ran circles 'round us that whole battle. If there's one thing for us to take from this, it's that we've got a long way to go."

"Anypony who thinks they know everything will always be surprised." Rarity said, sagely. "All of us are here to get better, and I am no exception. I believe my friend Twilight would agree that you should be able to take something from each and every battle you have."

"S'pose that's a good way to see things." He conceded. "Tell ya what. I know y'all are close friends with Applejack, and y'all are great trainers besides. After this here tournament's over, how's bout I show y'all some good times 'round these parts?"

"I would like that very much." She smiled.

PreviousChapters Next