• Published 3rd Mar 2016
  • 3,315 Views, 222 Comments

Twilight Sparkle has a Pokemon Journey - Darkmetroidz



Twilight recieves her first pokemon and goes off on an adventure. She meets new friends and rivals while striving to be the best Pokemon Trainer in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 222
 3,315

PreviousChapters Next
Quarterfinals Round 1- Trixie vs. Rainbow Dash

The first round of the tournament placed two of the top performers of the qualification rounds against each other: Rainbow Dash and Trixie. The spectators were extremely excited for the match, as both trainers had dominant runs in the first round and a battle between the two promised to be a spectacle. Both Trixie's Haunter and Rainbow's Pidgeotto were among the most praised pokémon in the entire competition. It would come down to whether or not Haunter could keep up with Pidgeotto's breakneck speeds.

In spite of the excitement surrounding her, Trixie seemed apathetic at best. She barely acknowledged the large number of ponies chanting her name as they waited for the battle to begin. "Can you do Trixie a favor and lose quickly? You aren't the one Trixie has been waiting for."

"That's assuming you can get through me!" Rainbow Dash retorted. "Let's teach 'em a lesson, Pidgeotto!"

"Haunter, let's show them the real meaning of fear!" Haunter came forth and floated to the same height as Pidgeotto, staring the bird pokémon square in the eyes.

The emcee began his narration of the battle, trying to build the excitement in the stadium to even higher levels "Let the first battle of the Elimination Round… BEGIN!"

"Pidgeotto, go for a gust!" Rainbow shouted.

"Counter with smog!" Trixie snapped back. Pidgeotto whipped up a whirlwind as Haunter began spewing a noxious gas, which Pidgeotto's windstorm spread everywhere. Quickly, the battlefield became shrouded in fumes, cutting Rainbow Dash's visibility down to nearly zero. Haunter didn't stop there; quite soon the haze covered the entire stadium, causing the audience to begin coughing as the foul smog darkened the arena.

"What… the heck… are you doing?" Rainbow choked. "That's… so… nasty…" Her voice trailed off as she began to suffocate on the poison gas. Pidgeotto immediately took her attention off of Haunter and towards her choking trainer. Frantically, she began to flap her wing in an effort to clear the smoke so that Rainbow Dash would be able to breathe.

"Haunter, now's your chance!" Trixie barked, "Use shadow punch!" Haunter appeared behind Pidgeotto as the smog cleared, and delivered a punishing strike to her back.

Haunter's punch stunned Pidgeotto in midair, catching the avian pokémon right between her wings. Pidgeotto began to spiral uncontrollably towards the ground, seemingly unable to move. "Pidgeotto! Are you okay?" Rainbow cried.

"Finish it with thunder punch!" Trixie ordered. Haunter floated to the falling bird, cloaking its fist in lightning. Three sickening sounds echoed throughout the arena, as the crowd fell dead silent.

First, the sound of Haunter's punch electrocuting Pidgeotto.

Second, the sickening, pained cries let out by Pidgeotto as the lighting swept through her body.

Finally, was the thud that Pidgeotto made as her unconscious body hit the ground, leaving a crisp imprint in the dirt.

Rainbow Dash galloped onto the field, and recalled Pidgeotto. "That was real low what you did." She scolded, glaring at Trixie with furious, pained eyes, "Trying to choke me and the audience is pretty pathetic, even for you."

"What matters is that Trixie won." She concluded indifferently. "In the end, that's all Trixie cares about."

"You... you're awful." Rainbow said, fighting back tears. She looked at the pokéball of her poor Pidgeotto. "Thank you, friend. Thank you for saving me."

The emcee and the audience remained in a shocked silence. The battle had ended in less than a minute, and in that time one of the contestants had nearly suffocated the entire arena, and then brutally ko'ed Rainbow Dash's pokémon. It was fortunate the tournament was held outdoors, otherwise the smog might have become dangerous if the air hadn't been able to clear. No one cheered for Trixie, but nopony had the audacity to boo her. They did offer her a great number of dirty and disapproving looks, which Trixie completely ignored, and even gloated through.

While her opponent continued to boast, Rainbow walked solemnly off the battlefield, back to the pits and to her friends. Pidgeotto needed immediate attention on account of the thunder punch Haunter used to spike her into the ground. "Rainbow… I'm so sorry." Twilight offered, appalled by what she had witnessed. She had presumed that Trixie would have to show some measure of restraint with an audience present. She had been sorely mistaken.

"Twilight," She sniffled, "Do me a favor?"

"Anything Rainbow." Twilight offered sympathetically.

"Destroy that monster who thinks she can call herself a trainer."

PreviousChapters Next