• Published 4th Feb 2016
  • 5,901 Views, 521 Comments

Beyond the Looking Glass - Harmony Split



Often a single day, a single event can change our lives forever. But even when that event is over, life will find a new equilibrium of sorts. It’s just a matter of accepting this new ‘normal’.

Comments ( 36 )

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

8825795
Are you seriously trolling me?

8825797
Maybe^^
After two sleepless nights thanks to this story a bit fun is allowed :raritydespair:

It's been so long, I'd forgotten the huge stick up AJ's plot.

But the ever-feisty Rainbow Mush is as adorable as ever. :pinkiehappy:

Such a weird coincidence, I was just thinking about this story last week after forgetting about it for so long. Glad to see an update.

Thank you for the new chapter.

After so, so long, one of my favorite sequels is back again.

Alright. So lots of stuff going on, lots of folks not learning from their mistakes. But unlike last time around, Luna can approach Applejack in her dreams and make her listen, since there's no escape there. She can point out to the farmpony that her own stubbornness is killing the Tree of Harmony, and putting Equestria at risk. Or at least that's how I'd handle the matter.

After reading the author's note section, I was ready to offer up whatever assistance I can for writing future chapters. The only problem is that I'm no good at clop. I can't do passion, I'm solely mechanical.

Thank you for bringing us a new chapter, I know from your latest blogs things hasn't went smoothly for you, so we all appreciate all the effort you brought us here.

I think I see what AJ's problem is, and it's not what even she thinks it is.

You know, if they knew exactly what was going to happen, why did they not attempt to change it? This isn't a predestination paradox after all. Rainbow even said specifically that if they would have talked with Big Mac it might have gone differently. Like, WTF? Why are they squandering this chance?
Dash herself is still being way too rash, it's really weird seeing her consistently resort to violence at the drop of a hat...
Keep going! ;)

What? Update? Is this thing still a thing? That's AWESOME!

Necro pony stories rises!!!!!


Seriously though WB.

welcome back.
it is funny but i do hate AJ in the show i always wanted to hang her up in a tree and beet her like the dirty lying rug she is.

8825930
Unfortunately, "making" some one listen usually doesn't work. It makes the person you're confronting defensive and backs them into a corner. It can also be seen as showing disregard (or even contempt) for their desires (they don't want to talk, but you're forcing the issue anyway) and opinions/feelings (you're wrong and you need to change).

Hopefully between the four of them, plus Luna being involved and Big Mac having an idea of what's going on this time, they can repair things with AJ before too much time is lost.

8827468
That may certainly be the case, but it depends on just what's involved with making one listen, and to what they're being made to listen to. If Luna approaches Applejack in her dreams and leads with the statement about the Tree of Harmony dying, then she's most likely going to have a captive audience willing to hear whatever is being said.

We also don't know just what the physics are behind Luna's dream walking capabilities in this continuity. Maybe hours can pass in the dream world and only a few seconds or minutes are passing in the real world. Maybe in dreams only the mind is present, and free from the chemical reactions of the body that triggers the fight or flight response. There's simply a lot we don't know about how to best resolve the conflict for the sake of the story, especially since there are two outside players who have seen how things happen and know what will and won't work.

Twilight and Dash learn that Big Mac will ask them to leave and get made when they tell him later. So the 5 of them proceed to let events happen in the same order....

8825862
Yep^^
8825899
You're welcome
8825905
Thanks :twilightsmile:
8825930
No Spoilers this time hehe
8825939
Thanks!
8826262
You know how it went in all other chapters, so is it really that surprising?^^
8826399
8827124
8827162
Yeah it's still alive along with me xD
8827415
imgflip.com/s/meme/Smiling-Cat.jpg
8827761
Twi never wanted to tell them in the first place, if you remember.
8827821
8828461
Nope. it's ded. totally ded, ze have to know :coolphoto:
8828350
And going through Big Mac? While Luna is a Princess, she is not dumb.
And they bucked in a public shower where all humans could've caught them already, so no surprise in the sex location

Luna and Dash both snorted, with the Lunar princess answering. “We are afraid, that there isn’t much time. We will return to Canterlot to talk with our sister.”

Um, how about you tell Big Mac that the tree is dying and they need to work it out? It might have been better to have them try to reach AJ before learning about the tree because I really can’t see two of the most powerful magic beings trying to save the world just walk away because one person needs to chill.

8830358
I certainly can't argue with you there. Although I'm a bit worried that if Applejack is being particularly stubborn and unwilling to listen, Luna might actually resort to spanking her to get the point across. And while she could certainly use a good spanking, it might just make the situation worse overall.

Somebody needs to send Celestia and or Luna to the Apple farm and fib on Applejack to GrannySmith and BigMacintosh.
Such a disappointment of a Granddaughter/Sister . . That is not the apple family way . .

"Applejack, we have literal proof that you're killing the magic of friendship. By not working this out with us, you're putting the entirety of Equestria in danger. Put your pride aside before it gets ponies killed.":twilightangry2:

So happy to see this being updated again. Its one of the few fanfics I still keep track of. Hope its not too long before we hear from you again. :twilightsmile:

(First, sorry, I'm way behind in a lot of my reading... I should have commented a hell of a lot earlier than this.)

Alright, another chapter and here we go...

In the last chapter, them Duke Boys were in a heap o' trouble.... (wait, that's not right, lemmie check my notes.... right: ponies, humans, sex, more sex, and a sick magical tree. (And more sex.)) Yes, things were progressing, just not in a good direction. Will two of our quirky quartet survive the rejection of two of their closest friends? Will the Tree of Harmony survive Applejack being a complete prick? Will the two upright-apes ever find their way back to human-land? Will Aloe and Lotus ever get that tub clean again?

Tune in next time for "Splish-Splash, You Take That Back" or "Trees Company, Four's A Crowd"

(P.S. Yo, Harmony, I am still available for pre-reading, editing, just banging around story ideas, whatever. Just lemmie know.)

Miss you Harmony, love the story I just keep re reading it.
Thank you for all that you've done for it.
I hope you are well.

...the alicorn cried softly, her heart damaged as hope drained from her. If this was only the beginning, she wondered what else would come upon them.

Don't worry Twilight. Nothing else ever happens.

“So AJ never told Big Mac about everything?” Dash asked Rainbow.

“No. He didn’t know anything until the end of the whole story, and he was a bit mad at us for not telling him earlier so he could talk to AJ. Granny Smith was mostly the same, said ‘it does not matter who young folks would love or not. All that mattered was the heart’.”

BRANCH ALERT. BRANCH ALERT.

SO CHANGE IT. The opportunity is staring you right in the fucking face.


Obviously, it'd be more than 20% cooler if this story saw some progress...

I hope this story continues, it's great. TwiDash is my favorite MLP ship.

I kindly demand more :)

Thanks for the fic! I hope it continues some day.

8639395
Any update on the story?
Definitly one i'd love to hear from.

Please finish this story.
Many people still wait for an update.

Login or register to comment