• Published 22nd Nov 2011
  • 2,446 Views, 35 Comments

Legend of Twilight: Ocarina of Time - blazing5in



The Mane 6 are invited to beta-test a new game. What could happen?

  • ...
1
 35
 2,446

Third Chapter: There are... Zombies?!

Third Chapter: There are... ZOMBIES?!

Author's note: I'm finally back! Navi locked me in that cage she somehow conjured up, and I managed to escape. So I will be narrating the story yet again. Thank you for taking the time to read. Constructive critiscm is welcome.

It was a bright sunny day, with absolutely no clouds in the sky.

...
...

What? I got nothing to start with.

A rainbow streaked across the sky, bringing good luck and fortune to those who saw it. Then another rainbow appeared behind the first. DOUBLE RAINBOW-...
That's kinda dumb.

Anyway, the one that you all love and know has appeared, minding her own business. Flying across the skies, Rainbow Dash was having the time of her life. She was happily flying around Hyrule field, with absolutely nothing to restrain her. Except for that fairy. Who at the moment, is napping. Her snoring is really adorable.

Anyway, since nothing will happen now, lets have a flashback to after the whole Gohma thing. With RD, of course.

Start FlashBack. Beep. Beep. Beep. MOO.

"What?! Come on! I totally cleared that dungeon in record time! So why is the tree still gonna wither away?"
Navi, who was still not in a good mood, having to drag Fluttershy in a different world, snapped back.
"He has to! The creators of this game don't let him!"
"WHAAAAT?! Then why did they even make us go through this ridiculous dungeon?!"
"So you can prove yourself. And you made record time of..."
Navi looked to the forest ceiling and screamed "AUTHOR! HOW LONG DID SHE TAKE?!"

I can hear you fine. Hmm... I made it 2 minutes 34 seconds.

"You made a record time of 2 minutes 34 seconds."

Rainbow crossed her front hooves, raised an eyebrow and asked "Who's Arthur?"
Navi snapped back. "Author."
"Arthur?"
"Author."
"Nope, I'm sure you said Arthur."
"I told you its-"
"Arthur?"
"NO! AUTHOR! AND LETS JUST GET GOING!"
"But-"

Navi exuded an immense aura of dark power, glaring daggers at RD. Oblivious as Rainbow is, she could take the hint.

"Umm... Okay! Where to next?! Do i get to kick some bad-flank? Oh, oh! I know! How about-"

"Just walk out. No flying out."
"C'mon! Why not?"
"There's a sophisticated barrier. Flying out of the trees is impossible."

Just to test that theory, Rainbow Dash flew full force towards the canopy.


"Aren't you going to say some-"
"...Say one more word, and I'll rip out that fairy tounge of yours."
"..."

Rainbow was in an especially bad mood, since she could not even save the tree, and she was given an emerald jewel, even though she failed to save the tree. That, added with a bleeding nose due to the barrier, caused her to in a horrible mood.

Navi took a glance at the cyan pony. Feeling pity for the depressed pegasus, she was tempted to give a spoiler, but held her tounge. Instead she tried to encourage the pony.

"Hey, come on. Don't get depressed. Sulking isn't going to get you anywhere."

And then Mido appeared.

The orange maned colt was scowling at presumably, Rainbow. And he started shouting at her.

"What happened to the Great Deku Tree?! ... What? You tried to save him but wasn't on time?!"

Navi felt herself gulping down feelings of anxiety. She turned to the sky, eye twitching. Murmuring inaudibly under her breath.

"Thanks to you, the Great Deku Tree is gone! If I, The Great Mido was there, that would never happen!"


And a blue streak flew and nearly landed on Mido's face.

The colt never even reacted to the blue hoof in front of his muzzle.

Rainbow's eyes were glazed over by darkness. What seemed to be a throbbing vein pulsated at her temple.

"Hey."

Navi almost didn't notice the question was meant for her, before replying.

"Yeah?"

"These guys can't feel pain, right?"
"Yeah... they are more like statues you can't hur-"

Even though flurry after flurry of punches lhad anded on the colt, he didn't even register the fact Rainbow was physically assaulting him.

Navi, who was watching, decided to leave the angry Pegasus alone to vent her frustrations. She passed through a shimmering portal through the air, and landed beside me. Wait, what?

"Just hurry up with the scene transistion."
Navi said with an air of sadness. It compelled me to continue writing about what happened before they left Kokiri forest.

The green maned mare met them at the bridge to the outside world. She gifted Rainbow with a fairy ocarina, before wishing her luck on her journey. Rainbow Dash didn't even bother to reply, head hanging low, and slowly made her way to the end of the path.

"What was that mare's name?"
Navi had not expected to hear that question, but regained composure, and answered.

"Saria."
"... I see."

Navi was extremely irked by the sudden decompression of her companion's ego. Sighing, she decided to do something drastic.

Call upon my authorly powers to change the past.

"You can do it, right?"

Yeah, but why should I-

It was then I was faced with the most adorable puppy eyes ever. Did Applebloom somehow teach her that? Anyway, I was so enamoured with those eyes, I couldn't resist any request from Navi. D'aaawwww...

So i changed the past. Re-edited flashback sequence. No violence at all. Enjoy. Oh, and spelling errors are intentional from here till end of the sequence. Insert funny voice for 20% more effect.

Start re-edited flashback sequence.

"You haz killed teh monstar! Here is gem."
A green Gem floated unto Ranbow Dash, which she held gingerly between her hooves.

"Now I musta sleep. Ah eight too many tacos."
"You shell see mee when i turn yong. See 'ya."

And the giant tree slept.

End of re-edited flashback sequence.

Because of this, Mido's lines didn't make anymore sense, which caused Rainbow to ignore him totally.
She properly thanked Saria this time, before flying out of the forest.

Rainbow, however, did fly into the barrier earlier. She didn't seem so frustrated at that, however, even with a bruised muzzle.

"You know, that second flashback scene was horrible. But thanks anyway."
Navi's face showed a small smile.

Back to the present. Navi had woken up from her nap, and Rainbow's cap was falling through the sky. Rainbow passed under the hat at the very instant it was straight up, and was found to be on the rainbow mane of our happy pegasus.

Since the title has zombie's in it, I'll immediately push the sun down. Sorry, Celestia.

The terrain had suddenly turned to nightfall, and Rainbow was shocked by the sudden change of light.
"Wha? What happened? Where'd the sun go?"

"What, afraid of the dark?" Navi grinned.

"Who, me? Never! I'm the bravest, fastest, coolest, awesomest, and radicalest Pony in all of equestria!"

*Insert flashy background and fanfare*

"Okay, awesomest and radicalest aren't words"

Who cares?

"Alright, back to my question." Apparently Rainbow didn't even catch onto what Navi said.

"What happened to the sun?"

"Author. He made the sun go down."
"Arthur?"
"That was funny at first. Now it's not."
"No, seriously. Who's Arthur?"

Navi's wing twitched, and she was about to scream. Just before taking in a huge breath.

"Oh, come on! Im just pulling your hoof. But it really isn't as funny, since I can't see any expression." Rainbow Dash held a hoof below her muzzle.

"Right. And now there's a zombie pony behind you."
"I wasn't being funny."
"Neither am I. Look behind you."

Rainbow turned her head, and found herself muzzle to muzzle with a skull of a pony.

"EEEEEEYAAAAAAARRRGH!!!"

Rainbow was never seen again.


Until ten seconds later. Behind a tree about a few hundred feet away.

"What ever happened with the bravest, fastest, coolest, awesomest, and radicalest Pony in all of Equestria?" Navi commented, sarcasm dripping all over the place. Okay, not really dripping.

"Shutup! I was just... frightened! Yeah, frightened! I never expected that!" Rainbow was trying to hide her trembling voice, without success.

"Right. If you would be so kind, Author, to provide me and Ms. Scaredy pants here a bed, I will assure you I won't have to hurt you again."

"HEY! I heard you!"

Why would i agree to tha-

Puppy eyes once more flashed over Navi's eyes.


Rainbow was last seen sleeping on a wonderful fluffy cloud. Navi took my bed. I can't even get close to it without being attacked.
The zombie ponies were envying the cloud that i generated for her. So I dropped an anchor on them.

---In the Morning---

The pegasus streched her hooves out, and began what was her morning exercise, doing loop the loops, spinning about, rainbow streakes all over they sky. Navi, on the other hand, was still sleeping on my bed. I had to sleep on the couch. D:<

In any case, Rainbow Dash didn't seem to notice the disappearance of our little friend. Since nothing interesting happened, I'm going to use ANOTHER scene transistion. Yes, It's getting boring.

Scene transistion. 15 minutes later.

"SO! Where are we going to now, Navi?"
"To the town of Hyrule. See that white castle all the way there?"
"Where are you pointing at? You don't have hooves."

Since Navi was about to get violent, I'll just skip this scene.

---In Hyrule Town---

"This place reminds me of Canterlot."
"It was shaped after the place, yes. Except for some regions and areas."

A loud gasp was heard from Rainbow.

"OHMYGOSH! IS THAT A WONDERBOLT EXCLUSIVE PREMIUM LIMITED EDITION FIGURINE?!"

She went fangirl on Navi, and disappeared into the store. She promptly walked out a few seconds later.

"Huh! Who does he think he is?! Not selling?! Then why did you put that at the window?!"

This was followed by extreme cursing, and shouting from our beloved pegasus.

---On the way to the castle.---

"I told you, stop trying to fly past them!"
"How'd they always catch me?!"
"You can't be seen, or you'll be caught!"
"SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?!" Rainbow cried out in frustration.

"Leave it to me." Navi smirked.

10 minutes of preparation later.

"You sure this will work?"

"Positive. If they can't SEE you, we can get past them."
"I don't know about this..."
"Trust me."

Meanwhile, at the castle foreground gates, a cardboard box acquired through violence (on me) was seen inching its way past the unsuspecting guards. The pegasi guards were staring into the void, unmoving.

"Psst. Are you sure they won't see us?" Rainbow whispered.
"No worries. This is foolproof." Navi confidently replied, much to everyone's surprise.

After a whole lot of inching, whispering, and running into a dozen trees, falling into a lake, and bumping into the guards.

---At the side of the castle---

"Oh come on! How in Princess Celestia's mane did we get through that so easily?!"
The box had been tossed into the sewage system. Now it stays there, floating so beautifully.
"Because we broke the very rules of gaming. Now let's crawl through this hole."

---In the castle---

"Are you serious? Again?"
An exasperated Rainbow Dash asked.
Navi didn't even turn around, procuring a new box.
"Yes. That or flying over them would work."

Rainbow gave a genuine shocked look.

"Oh come on! Why didn't you say so in the first place?!"
"You would crash into an unbreakable castle if i told you."

Grumbling was heard under Rainbow's breath.

The pegasi guards were patrolling around the small hedge maze, and a certain shadow moved past each one of them. Rainbow Dash didn't seem entirely convinced that they wouldn't spot her, flapping wings and all, but somehow they never noticed the flying pegasus.

After several mazes, Rainbow softly landed in a garden covered in flowers, with a spectacular fountain right in the middle. She was admiring the beauty of the garden before noticing an extremely familiar face past the fountain.


"Twilight?"