• Published 22nd Nov 2011
  • 2,445 Views, 35 Comments

Legend of Twilight: Ocarina of Time - blazing5in



The Mane 6 are invited to beta-test a new game. What could happen?

  • ...
1
 35
 2,445

First Chapter: Learning the game

First Chapter: Learning the game

Author's note: Yes, this was uploaded right after the first chapter. The first two chapters were done over a week. Constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read.

“Ugh… Where am I?” Twilight rose from the wooden bed, and jumped up with a start. “Huh?! Where am I?! Why am I wearing this ridiculous outfit?!... And where’s the others?!”

Twilight was wearing a pointed green cap, green tunic, and brown boots and was waving her head about, trying to make sense of things. Suddenly, A shrill voice in the air spoke. “Would you quiet down? I’ll tell you when you calm down.”

At that point, Twilight frantically searched the room with her eyes to find the source of the voice, but all she saw was the interior of a tree, a bed, and what seemed to be a wooden door. “Up here, look up.” Twilight found her mark, and it was a small blue orb with translucent wings.

“What in the name of Equestria are you? From that body shape and wings, you seem similar to a parasprite, but-” Before she could finish, the blue orb flew all over the room, yelling her lungs (If she had lungs) out.

She halted in front of Twilight’s eyes, and screamed, “I AM NOT A DIRTY, STUPID, UTTERLY DISGUSTING, PARASPRITE!!! TAKE THAT BACK OR ELSE I’LL-” and immediately stopped screaming.

The orb wandered aimlessly, and turned (Or seemed to be) to Twilight, and started to speak in a menacing voice, one that could cut steel.

“My name is Navi, and I am not a parasprite. I am a fairy, one of this world you currently reside in, and given that you have no adequate information about your surroundings, I will say its fair to forgive you this once. Don’t do it again.” Navi gave what seemed to be a glare, except for the fact she did not have a face, limiting its effect. It, however, got through Twilight, who nodded vigorously.

At this moment, Navi took a seat on the dusty pillow, and spoke. “I know you still aren’t familiar to this world, but let me tell you a few things. Firstly, your friends are in a similar yet different world with my alternate selves, who are exactly like me.”

“Secondly, I’m the only one in this world who is able to interact differently to you. My job is to be a guide, and a listener to those who play this game, since residents of this world will not treat you as who you are, but as another single entity, known as Link. Any information relevant to this world will not be given by me until deemed necessary. I can give you advice on your current progress though.”

“I can monitor your friend’s progress as well, and so can my alternate selves. I can tell you how far and how well they have done so far, and vice versa. Got that?”

Twilight, who was listening intently, took awhile before she noticed the question, and nodded her head furiously.

“Thirdly, Ill tell you about different interactions and features throughout this game when you require it only. So when the time comes, I shall explain how to do whatever it is you are doing. So if you are ready, take the first step out of this house, and into the world of this game, The Legend of Twilight, Ocarina of Time!”

Yes, I know. Bad Naming sense. Forgive me for this.

“Why is it named after me?”
“Need-to-know basis.”
“…”

“Okay. Storywise, you are supposed to meet the great Deku Tree. Get moving.”

“Deku Tree? That doesn’t sound like any species of tree that I-”

“It's a fictional tree. It doesn't have to be real.”
“Oh.”

Twilight stepped out of the door, to reveal the beauty of the lush green forest that stood in front of her. The short, stump looking wooden houses that stood in front of her in disarray, was shockingly soothing and refreshing to the lavender pony. She took in a deep breath and smelt the very essence of natu-

“Yahoo! Hi, Link!”

The shock of hearing another pony’s voice had shook Twilight enough for her to nearly stumble on the wooden platform, and managed to prevent herself from falling due to a certain blue fairy that caught her with amazing strength.

“That was obviously me, you stupid author.”

Wait, you can talk to me?

“Being a trans-dimensional character, I gained the abililty thanks to two certain Alicorns. The rest of the mumbo-jumbo you can figure it out yourself. No prizes for guessing who.”

Oh great. Another Pinkie Pie.

“Who?”

Never mind. Lets just continue.
Anyway, Twilight was staring at the fairy who was incoherently mumbl-
“Talking to you.”
Right. She was quizzically staring at you. Before she noticed the other pony below.

Sporting the same tunic as her, the pony had a mane as green as the forest, with a coat of beige, the pony had called Twilight again. “Link?” Twilight was dumbfounded for a moment, and then instantly remembered Navi’s words.

No flashbacks. Just scroll up if you can't remember.

She instantly replied with a, “Um, yeah, what is it?” which was filled with hesitation.
Being treated as a different pony was tough, and she couldn’t act as another pony even if her life depended on it, but it's a game, and it can’t tell the difference.

“Wow, is that a fairy? Finally, a fairy came to you, Link!”

“Huh?” Was all Twilight could utter before Navi broke in.

“Oh, backstory. You didn’t have a fairy till now. All Kokiri have a fairy when they are born, except you don’t.” Twilight gave another confused look. “Why?” Navi sighed and responded. “Story plot. Now get moving.”

It was then Twilight noticed the other pony was rambling on some subject and didn’t notice she was totally ignoring her. “I’ll wait for you here. Hurry along, the Great Deku tree must be waiting for you!”

“The great what now?”
“The giant tree you are supposed to meet. Now get moving.”

Twilight strolled across the small nature village, looking at the young mares and colts that were minding their own business, when suddenly…

“Hoi! Stop right there!”
Twilight instinctively jumped backwards.
An orange maned colt stood in her way, hoof outstretched, implying the obvious meaning, ‘Stop.’
“Are you going to meet the Great Deku tree?”
Twilight thought for awhile before hesitantly nodding her head.
“The Great Deku tree won’t meet you, unless he called for you! … Wait, that fairy … did he call for you?! No, that’s impossible! Even I, the great Mido, has never met the Great Deku tree! How can a wimp like you be called?! … Fine, but I won’t let you in unless you have a sword and shield!”
Twilight was a little shocked at what the colt had uttered.
“Sword? But those are weapons! Are you saying I have to injure something in this game?”
“Ugh. Yes. You have to. Its not real anyway. Adventure theme in mind, hello?” The despondent fairy replied.
“Well, he’s blocking the way. Lets head somewhere else.”
Screen Transition.
10 Minutes later.

“So these jewels are called rupees.”
“Yes.”
“This is the currency of this world, like bits.”
“Yes.”
“And I found it in the grass.”
“They had to put it somewhere easy enough to obtain.”
“And what am I supposed to buy with these?”
“A shield. You have to find the sword.”
“There are shops in this game?”
“Yes, obviously. Now buy that shield and find that sword.”
“Where do I find the sword?”
“Plotline. Can’t help with that.”

Twilight was seated at a small table in the only store in the diminutive town, before she noticed something about these ponies.

“They have pointed ears.”
“They are of an elfin race called the Kokiri. And its fictitious.”
“Also all those that I met here don’t seem to have cutie marks, not to mention they are all fillies and colts.”
“Kokiri don’t age.”
“But that's impossibl-”
“This is a game. Deal with it.”

Twilight cringed a little at each of Navi’s short answers, and only managed to learn so much from it. Navi didn’t seem on planning to let out too much info.

“So, where do I find the sword? I already got a wooden shield. Doesn’t look too sturdy though.”
Navi then grumbled and muttered something under her breath. Before Twilight could even wonder what she said, Navi responded.
“Just look for a sign. Geez.”
Twilight raised an eyebrow, before asking. “A sign? Why would anyone put a sign to show where the sword was?”
“So that people like you won’t get lost at the beginning.”
Twilight was about to argue back when she held her tongue. “This is a game,” she had thought, “I might as well play along with it.”

After several minutes of searching, she found a peculiar sign on top of a small hill that had the words, “Kokiri Sword past here.” Carved on it.
“They aren’t very subtle at this.”
“Precisely why I don’t bother even doing my job.”
“How does tha-”
“That even relate to each other? They don’t.”

Twilight could only give a perplexed expression, before whipping back to the sign, and the small grass maze in front of a small, dark, creepy, scary, dank, wet, eer-
“Stop describing the stupid cave. Its annoying.”
Right. Anyway, both the purple pony and blue orb breezed through the maze, and into the cave they went.

Another screen transition.
15 minutes later.

*Background music begins to play.*
“I got a sword!”
“Why is it always I hear that same dumb music every time you get something new? And you stating the obvious too, no doubt.”
“I don't know… some outer force compelled me to.”
Namely, me, and two Alicorns. And a machine.
“Sigh….”

Third Screen Transition.
10 minutes later.

“Alright… … um …”
“Mid-”
“Mido! Yeah, Mido! I got the sword and shield!”

“… WHAT?! How did you manage to get the kokiri sword?! No one has ever found it!”


“Navi, are the engineers of this game serious?”
Navi proceeded to faceground herself.
“I’ll take that as a yes.”

“Hmph, you may have gotten a sword and shield, but you will never be accepted as one of us by the Great Mido!” and after the heroic speech, Mido just walked to the side and stood there.

“Well, let’s finally meet the Great Deku Tree. Who knew it’d take this long.”
“I’m actually sort of excited to meet this Great Deku Tree. I wonder what he looks like?”
“Surprise surprise. I’m sure you will be surprised.”

Twilight, faced the great forest beyond the trail, which was once blocked by a certain colt, and broke into a gallop, into the unknown dangers that faced her ahead.

The End.

“Its not end of their stories yet.”
Shut up, I’m trying to make this cool.
“Well, its not really the end of her story either.”
Whatever… Look Forward to the next chapter of these series.

The End.

“You wrote that twice.”
Oh shut up.

All copyrighted material used in this story belongs to their respective owners.
"Are you going to put that everytime?"
That includes you, Navi, except for your character. I made that up.
"Whatever. Anyway, thank you for reading."



My Little Pony and all related materials belong to Lauren Faust, Hasbro©, and all other related people and/or companies, and all Legend Of Zelda material belongs to Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo©, and all other related people and/or companies, Please support the official releases.