• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,321 Views, 50 Comments

Fluttershy In Efrafa - KartalTheWriter



When Angel disappears, Twilight turns herself and Fluttershy into rabbits to investigate.

  • ...
3
 50
 1,321

Explanation

Despite Twilight’s fatigue, her force shield was holding. The rabbits were still going strong.

“Fluttershy, can you use your wings to blow up enough dust to hide our escape?” Twilight asked, her voice strained. Fluttershy, still transfixed by the rabbits, didn’t answer.

“Fluttershy!” Twilight said more forcefully. The pegasus shook her head to clear her thoughts.

“Yes, I can try.” Any other day, the task might have proved too difficult, but today, Fluttershy was too afraid to consider protesting.

“I’m going to drop the shield and we’re going to run to my house. Do you understand, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy nodded.

The magenta aura that had protected them fell slowly, like a slow explosion.

“Now!”

Flapping her wings harder than she had ever done, Fluttershy managed to raise the dirt in a giant dust cloud. The rabbits were soon obscured by the dirt, but just because something is hidden does not mean it is gone.

“Twilight?” Fluttershy’s voice was even softer than normal as she felt the tips of the rabbits claws. “Oh!”

Suddenly, she felt a nip on the tip of her tail. It was enough to get her into motion and remember the plan.

“I’m coming, Twilight!” Wings tired from churning up dust, Fluttershy ran, desperately hoping she ran into Twilight. Ahead, she saw a faint glow. She sped up, hoping it wasn’t some cruel trick. The dirt cloud she had created was very effective; Rainbow Dash would have been proud. This comforted Fluttershy, for it was a normal thought, and Fluttershy had the feeling she wouldn’t be having many more of those after today.

“This way!” Twilight’s voice called from up ahead, up where the faint light was starting to get brighter. Fluttershy followed that voice thoughtlessly, and finally she and Twilight had reached the library. Immediately, they were inside.

“Spike!” Twilight shouted in a scary tone that sounded almost recklessly urgent. The little dragon, recognizing the Twilight meant business, hurried downstairs.

“What’s going on?” Spike asked, yawning and scratching his scales.

“I need Watership Down.” Twilight said.

“But you just read that last week.” Spike protested.

“Just get me the book, Spike!” Spike groaned and yawned again.

“Twilight, what did you mean earlier? It sounded like you had met that particular group of rabbits before.” Twilight was on her way to her book stand, Fluttershy following her.

“I do know them, unfortunately. I had no idea they were real, though. The aggressive nature, the scars on their flanks, the desolated eyes, it all fits. Efrafan rabbits.” Spike had finally found the book and was about to carry it to Twilight when a magenta glow enveloped it violently and jerked it out of his claws, causing him to fall.

Fluttershy, though still recovering from her previous shock, rushed to help the little dragon up. Twilight, meanwhile, was flipping through the book furiously, nearly ripping out pages in her hurry.

“Twilight, what exactly is going on?” Fluttershy knew instinctively that Twilight was very busy and wouldn’t take kindly to being bothered, but she was scared and worried for her animal friends.

To her surprise, Twilight answered.

“I thought this was a work of fiction, but apparently it wasn’t.” She began, finally stopping on a page with a map on it. “Here it is! This is a map of Efrafa, but it looks different from how it used to look. See, this is the center of Efrafa, the Crixa. Right here is their patrolling area. Right here would be Watership Down, but that’s not important now. This is a pony town; it resembles Trottingham, but the author never calls it by name because it’s not important. Since we’re seeing Efrafan rabbits, that means this is Trottingham, which would make the Crixa…” Here Twilight, who had been pointing at the map and showing Fluttershy all the places she had read about, suddenly stopped speaking.

“The Crixa’s in the Everfree Forest. That’s really close.” Twilight shuddered and closed the book.

“Well, they’re just rabbits. Even if they are extra wild rabbit--” Fluttershy was cut off violently
.

“They’re not just rabbits! They’re dangerous, and if I were you, Fluttershy, I’d go and check on your animals and make sure they’re still there.”

This, to somepony who didn’t know the story, could have been a very disturbing piece of information, but to be disturbed by the information, one would need to lose enough confidence to feel paranoid. Otherwise, it just sounds completely laughable, impossible even.

Fluttershy, unfortunately, thought Twilight was overreacting, as she’s prone to do on occasion.

So she left Twilight’s house to check on her animals, but it was only because Twilight seemed like she needed some time to calm her nerves. Fluttershy took her time smelling flowers and stopping to chat with birds and squirrels, and occasionally one of her friends.

If only…

When Fluttershy finally arrived at her house, nothing seemed to be wrong. All the animals were in their places and they all looked just a little distressed by their strict retention in Fluttershy’s house. The first thing she did, in fact, was allow every animal out of the house and back into their natural habitat in her yard. Angel should have been the only one left inside, but he wasn’t in the living room. Fluttershy smiled; Angel had always loved a good game of hide-and-seek. But she didn’t feel like looking for him right now. It was late evening, and Fluttershy wanted to talk with her bunny friend. He’d surely get a kick out of what had happened to her today.

So Fluttershy called for Angel.

At first there was no answer, so Fluttershy called louder. Then she flew around her house, calling for Angel. Finally she screamed his name, unsettling a whole branch of birds in her backyard.

Finally, Fluttershy had to admit that something had indeed happened to poor Angel.

Comments ( 21 )

about time you updated, my friend. =3

Can't wait til next chapter.

But if I may ask, will Hazel and Fiver appear in the story? =3

806170 I'm planning on focusing on the Efrafan rabbits, so I'm not thinking that the Watership Down rabbits will ever make sense here. But if I find a way it makes sense, I'll see what I can do.

I read, I liked, I noticed a few things, I remembered how I'm not perfect either, I faved, I commented, I wait for the next chapter, I go on to read my other 10 read later stories. :derpytongue2: Great concept, and I want to see how this plays out! (A cross between my favourite novel and my favourite show, even if this was bad I would read it!:pinkiecrazy:) Keep up your great work! :twilightsmile:

809171 Only 10? You must be more discerning than me! I've got 86 in my read list

809639 :rainbowlaugh: I keep it to a 15 maximum. I read other stories and read comments so I know how to improve my own stories. :pinkiecrazy: 86 is just too many:pinkiegasp: and I read yours over the other 10 that have been sitting on my read later list for......... 2 weeks now.:rainbowwild:

809661 Aw, that makes me feel special :twilightsmile:

Well, your story is an amazing crossover idea! I had to read it ASAP. :pinkiehappy: BTW when is the next chapter coming up? :rainbowderp:

Frith is definitely Celestia, or would that be the other way around?

809777

That would make Luna-rar the Black Rabbit. Inlé translates as moon or moonrise as well as fear and death.

809777>>826218 I can make that work and I'm using it!
Oh! You've ended my writer's block! Thank you!

Awesome crossover concept! Can't wait for more!

nice Story! Liked the usage of the characters, and the crossover idea (saw the watership down cartoon when I was little, very creepy! :rainbowderp: Though I can't see any rabits, even THEM, being any kind of threat to ponies with a high potency of magical powers.

856952 I am so sorry you saw that as a little kid. I saw it not as a kid, but...meh, I was old enough. I thought it was really weird at the time, but at the same time I found it utterly fascinating. And still do.
Yes, thank you for the thought. Don't worry, THEY are certainly a threat. But it's not the ponies you should worry for just yet...

809686 Sorry, I just noticed this was here. :ajsleepy: Next chapter is about halfway done, I think. I'll take another look at it and see if I can finish it up and stick it here.

892407 :rainbowlaugh: Don't rush yourself. Make sure you're totally 120% happy with it.:pinkiehappy:

I enjoyed Watership Down, and this seems like a really cool idea. I enjoyed the first two chapters, I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

This is getting really cool. The third chapter just totally took it in a different direction. "Oh yeah, Watership Down is actually real, Flutter Shy. Go check on your animals"

I am excited to read more.

I only know the name Watership Down because of the tagline "In the tradition of Watership Down" on the Redwall books, but I'm intrigued nonetheless.

im gonna read this

It's a shame you didn't continue with this; I've always wanted to read an MLP/WD crossover. There are some interesting ideas here, too. I do have a few issues with some of it: I don't think Woundwort (or I!) would describe Campion as "next best" after Vervain; he's clearly better, including in the General's estimation. Still, I'd have read on if I could have done.

3768025 This is sooo old but I"m glad you were interested! Sorry about that, I've just grown far too unreliable with such things. Better to nip it here before I really screw up somewhere.

Login or register to comment