• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 850 Views, 2 Comments

Forever - Ella Red



Twilight wants to have her friends...forever

  • ...
 2
 850

Part 1

Forever

The moon hung high in the black sky. The silence of the night was interrupted by the loud booming music that erupted from one particular house on the edge of Ponyville. Ponies bustled with excitement, dancing, talking, and having fun.

A single purple unicorn stood alone, carelessly sipping her drink. The sound of the booming music shook her whole body, but somehow she didn’t seem to care for the extreme volume nor the music itself. Her thoughts were elsewhere; her schedule for the following day, things to be done, places to be.

Twilight Sparkle was a busy and orderly pony. She organized anything and everything that surrounded her; doing everything by a list, not missing a detail or putting a toe out of line. Today, however, her schedule was fixed on Pinkie’s party. Twilight was to organize everypony else’s actions in regards to what they were bringing and when they would arrive.

Looking around the crowded room; they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Twilight sighed with boredom. The seemed to go on forever and she had no pony to talk to. All of her friends were busy talking to others. Twilight set her drink on the nearest table and headed towards the doorway. Leaving the crowded room, Twilight made her way into the hallway, which seemed to be filled with ever more ponies. Twilight pushed her way through the clutter and attempted to find Pinkie Pie.

Finally, Twilight heard loud singing followed by gleeful laughter. That was Pinkie alright. Twilight looked over the sea of pony heads to see her pink friend acting like the life of the party. Things will be fine here without me. Twilight thought. She quickly pushed past more ponies and scurried out the door, trying not to attract any attention.

Twilight Sparkle's hoofs clacked on the dirt ground on Ponyville’s town square. Crickets chirped and owls hooted their song of the night. The unicorn trotted off to her house on the other side of town. Losing herself in passing thoughts.

When she arrived at her house, she carefully opened the door, trying not to make a sound for the sleeping dragon upstairs to hear. The library was an eerie silence. The darkness stayed like a fog over the large room. Twilight spotted her dragon friend, Spike, sleeping on his cot-like bed next to hers. Being careful she tried not to wake him. She laid herself down on the bed and pulled the warm blankets over herself. She turned to face the round window; its wide opening lets the moon’s light seep through.

Twilight noticed the oncoming sky. It was covered by grey clouds that pushed across the bleak night. Twilight turned her gaze away from the window and positioned herself on her back to face the ceiling. Her eyes stayed glued to the dull wall in front of her. Some part of Twilight wished she was still at the party; talking with her pony friends, laughing, and having a good time. She wished she could be with her friends forever. Twilight let the thoughts pass as she drifted into the unconsciousness of sleep.


Yes, she enjoyed her life as an organized, helpful pony. However, there was one thing in life she enjoyed as much as her books and cleanliness; her friends. She loved every second of their company and cherished it. For you see, growing up Twilight didn’t have any friends. Her books and her brother, Shining Armor, was the only company she had as a filly. It wasn’t until recently her mentor and leader of all of Equestria, Princess Celestia, sent her to Ponyville to make friends. And she did just that. She earned the respect and trust of her new friends as quickly as she met them.

Twilight hung out with her friends almost every day. They went to the spa, raced around town, cared for animals, held contests and bets. They stuck together through thick and thin. When the world fell into darkness, when all hope was lost, somehow Twilight’s friendships found a way though. They triumphed over the dangers that faced them and saved Equestria on more than one occasion. The six of them were inseparable. But lately Twilight felt like they were drifting apart. She only saw them once or twice a week and if she did, it was only because of Pinkie Pie’s parties or running into them in town. She wanted more than that. Twilight wanted to be with her friends forever, just like she imagined they would be. She wanted to hang out and laugh like they used to when they first met.

Twilight wanted to do something for her dear friends. She wanted to spend more time with them than the brief time they were already meeting.

The next morning Twilight found herself trotting over to Sweet Apple Acers. She noticed the figure standing next to one of the large barns that were scattered across the farmland. “Applejack!” She called out to her friend. Twilight noticed a big red stallion poke his head around the corner of a barn. “Oh, hey Big Macintosh.” Twilight started as she walked over to Applejack’s big brother. “Have you seen Applejack around?”

“Eenope.” He said with his usual monotone low voice. Twilight’s heart sank. “Oh, well could you tell me-.”

“Twi, over here!” A voice called from the forest of apple trees not far away.

“Never mind Big Mac.” Twilight smiled. She started off into the forest while Big Macintosh returned to his work. Twilight stumbled past the trees and was cautious to not knock over any barrels filled with apples that covered the forest ground. She finally stopped when her gaze met that of Applejack’s. “What can I do for ya, Twilight.” She said as her back hooves struck the bark of the apple tree. Several apples fell from the branches and landed with a soft thud into the baskets that were placed all around the trunk of the tree.

“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out.” Twilight said.

“Well I’d love to Twi.” Applejack smiled. “Just let me get this last tree and we can go. Did you have any sort of plan? Ya know, like what we could go do?”

Twilight felt a pang of joy to hear she could hang out with one of her friends. “Oh I know!” Inspiration struck her like a bolt of lightning. “How about we make some apple pie,” She suggested. “We can use my kitchen, and Spike can help.”

“Well that sounds delicious.” Applejack stated. “I’ll bring some apples from here.” She told the purple unicorn. “You can go and get ready. I have a great apple recipe I’ve been dyin’ to try!” She jumped up with excitement.

“See you in a bit.” Twilight said as she rushed off to her house.

Twilight pulled books off the shelves with her magic, looking to a perfect recipe to help Applejack.

“What are you doing Twilight?” Spike asked as he walked into the room.

“I’m looking for a recipe book, have you seen one?” She asked, hurrying. “Oh.” She said as she dropped the floating books to the ground. She shifted a thick, yellow, hardcover book from one of the top shelves and opened it, “Apple pie, apple pie, apple pie.” Twilight said out loud as she skimmed the pages. “Ah.” She stopped on one page and mumbled the words to herself. “Perfect.” She exclaimed, closing the book and walking it into the kitchen.

“What on Equestria are you doing?” Spike repeated.

Twilight ignored him and placed the book on the counter and began to get the necessary ingredients for apple pie. Spike hopped up on Twilight’s back, then onto the counter. He leaned over and picked up the book from its holder. “Apple pie? That sounds delicious!” His enthusiastic face turned to a questioning one, “Why are you making this?”

“Applejack and I are going to make it together.” Twilight informed him. “And you’re going to help.” She ordered as she pushed his head through a pink frilly apron.

“Aw what?! Can’t I just be the taste tester or something? ” Spike groaned in complaint.

“Sorry Spike, you’re going to help us.”

Spike clawed at the apron, trying to get it off. “Well can I at least get a different apron, this looks ridiculous!” The unicorn shook her head and continued getting ready for her friend's arrival. Spike sighed in defeat and drooped his shoulders. Twilight smiled with pride as she looked at the tidy kitchen counter before her. “Good. Everything is ready.” She said.

A knock sounded at the front door of the library followed by a creak of the door.

“Twilight!” Applejack called as she walked through the door.

Twilight peered around the corner of the kitchen doorway. Applejack spotted Twilight and started over. Two baskets of deep red apples were slug around her back.

“I brought some of the best apple we have. With these babies it’s sure to be deeelicious!” Applejack exclaimed as she set them down in the middle of the floor.

Twilight felt a pang of discomfort. “Actually,” She started. “Could you put the apples over there, on the counter?” Applejack gave her friend a questioning glance. “It would be better over there.” Twilight urged.

“Well alrighty then.” Applejack shrugged and ignored her feeling of discomfort. She did what she was told and set the baskets on the counter. “Let’s get to makin’ this pie then.”

“Yes of course.” Twilight used her magic to bring apples one by one to their workspace. Applejack measured the ingredients and placed them in the bowl. Spike peeled apples that Twilight handed to him and set them in a pile.

“Uh Applejack?” Twilight said.

“Yes?” Applejack stopped what she was doing and looked to the unicorn.

“I couldn’t help but notice that you weren’t reading the book.” She gestured to the book that was sitting on a small stand, opened to the apple pie recipe not for away from Applejack’s sight.

“Er, yeah. I’ve been makin’ apple treats for a long time now.” Applejack smiled. “I know what I’m doin’.” She continued with her work.

“Well of course you do, but wouldn’t it be a good thing to know the proper measurements of the things you’re putting in the bowl.” Twilight nudged the book closer to her friend.

“I don’t need it.” Applejack reassured her, pushing the book back towards Twilight.

“Oh yes you do.” Twilight grinned and pushed the book back again.

Spike peeled the last apple Twilight gave him and set it with the others. He looked to the two quarreling friends and slowly backed away. “I’ll just be going to see what…uh…Pinkie Pie is doing today then.” He said with an uncomfortable tone. Dropping down from the counter, Spike rushed out of the kitchen and out the front door as fast as he could.

“I said I don’t need it!” Applejack’s voice didn’t hide the frustration she was feeling. She harshly pushed the book back towards her friend. Its fell on the floor and hit Twilight’s hoof with a loud thud.

“Ow.” Twilight said. She turned to Applejack, fury burning like a fierce fire. Twilight wasn’t one to start a fight, but Applejack wasn’t going by the rules and that’s one thing that annoyed Twilight more than anything. She picked up a wooden spoon with her magic and whipped it at Applejack.

“What on Equestria are you doin’.” Applejack could help but snort with laughter at her friend’s pathetic display of anger. But Twilight wasn’t joking. She swung again and again and again. Applejack backed up until she felt her flank touch the cold glass case of plates behind her.

“Now that's enough Twilight!” Applejack yelled. “You’re bein’ ridiculous!” She shouted at the top of her lungs in attempt to cool Twilight down. Twilight stopped and stared at her friend. “You need to control that temper.” Applejack made her way slowly to the archway of the kitchen, ready to leave. “Come back when you apologize for this here craziness.” She huffed then started for the door.

“She’s mad? Oh no! Does that mean we’re not friends anymore?” Twilight panicked quietly to herself as she watched Applejack leave. Twilight rushed in front of Applejack, standing in front of her to block the exit. “No!” She protested. “I’m sorry! You can’t leave!”

“Now I know you mean well, but you have to understand that not all ponies do things the way you do.” Applejack glared at her and pushed her to the side. The unicorn lost her balance and fell over into a small round table, knocking over a vase full of flowers. It shattered into pieces that scattered all around the floor. Twilight’s eyes widened as she saw what Applejack had done to her vase. Twilight’s rage bubbled as she turned back to her friend, who was also staring in shock at the broken glass.

Twilight let out a low growl as she pulled her hoof back to her cheek and readied herself. “Stop pushing!” She whipped her hoof towards Applejack. With a loud crack, Twilight struck Applejack and she hit the floor.

“Oh no,” Twilight gasped after realizing what had happened. “Applejack.” She said as she nudged her friend with her nose. “Come on wake up.” Twilight begged. Her heart sank like a rock as her eyes caught the sight of crimson over taking the floor near Applejack’s shoulder. Twilight shuttered as she pushed her friend over to reveal a deep cut from the glass embed in her flesh. Blood poured out of the gash and pooled onto the floor at an alarming rate.

Twilight’s skin flushed as white as a sheet. Gulping back the urge to vomit, Twilight quickly galloped to the kitchen and grabbed any sort of cloth she could find. Hurrying back, she propped Applejack’s head up and laid the cloth on the wound. She pressed down on the white cloth to help stop the bleeding.

Twilight’s hooves were shaking; she never meant to hurt her friend so badly. What should I do? She thought as she looked around the room, panicking. Her breath grew thin. She looked down to the cloth; crimson stained most of it now. The smell of iron filled Twilight’s nose as she tried to calm down, breathing in and out slowly.
She’ll hate me for sure now. Twilight swallowed the fear of losing one of her best friends. Helping Applejack comes first. I’ll worry about our friendship later.

Twilight set the cloth to the side and stood up on four hooves. She took her friend by the scruff and dragged her to the basement, leaving a small trail of blood. Her basement had all sorts of things; science gadgets, older books, and even medical equipment.

Twilight gently propped Applejack’s head on a pillow and ran over to the cupboard on the other side of the room. She flung the double doors open and rummaged through the drawers to get cotton balls and bandages. She knew this kind of injury required much more attention of someone with more practiced hooves, but she had no time to take her friend anywhere else. Twilight did her best to stop the bleeding from her shoulder. After several long minutes, the red started to subside. Twilight let out a sigh of relief and fell onto her flank. She sat in silence.

Spike was going to come back eventually. And Applejack was bound to wake up and see what Twilight had done. What would she say? Would Applejack tell her other friends? Would she tell Princess Celestia? What would they think of her?

No.

Twilight treasured her friends and her mentor. And she wanted everyone to like her. She couldn’t just let Applejack tell everypony. That would ruin Twilight, but what could she do? Twilight knew. She knew exactly what she could do. It was perfect.

Comments ( 2 )

This was interesting. You know, I should really learn to read the tags before I look at a story, but the cover image drew me in. I like how you put the characters in a situation where there is some enmity between them. Something disturbed me, though. I'm not sure if I can trust your Twilight. Part of me wants to sympathize with her, but I can't because I suspect she's crazy.:pinkiecrazy: I don't know, but there's something creepy about her.

Why so many downvotes? the grammar is fine and there just isn't enough crazy!twilight stories around here.:rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment