• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 1,030 Views, 30 Comments

The Fallen - Askfoxxy



The Fallen, a group of Monster Mercenaries, Work under Celestia, Capturing evil creatures.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,030

Chapter 3: Sunrise

Chapter 3:

The ponies introduced themselves lively and were immediately lost in conversations. In the far corner, Buckshot was chatting with Applejack.

“So then I scoop the little feller up right before the phoenix got em” he said, acting pompous as usual. He loved showing off for others, watching their eyes imagine him completing marvelous feats of glory. Applejack on the other hoof, didn’t seemed very amused.

“I once bucked all the apples durin’ the harvestin’ season, with a little help from mah friends” she said, puffing out her chest.

“Oh really?” Buckshot laughed and started telling her about himself. Applejack and him were lost in each others stories and tales before they knew it.

Hyper Drive was deep in conversation with Twilight.

“What are all these books for?” she asked, skeptically looking at the shelves around the room.

Twilight chuckled, “For studying. I have a lot of reading to do, I’m the princess’s apprentice you know..”

Hype twitched “Don’t you get bored locked up in this place, reading all day?” Hype said, she couldn’t believe anypony would choose to read books instead of being out in the world, or at least playing video games. She turned around and smiled at Twilight.

“I’m one of her apprentices too!” , she laughed at Twilight’s shocked expression. “Except she doesn't teach me magic.”

Hyper Drive ran into the other room and grabbed her bag. She emptied its contents onto the floor; flashing devices, and whirling lights from mechanical metal objects filled Twilight’s eyes.

Hyper Drive picked up a jagged shining box “Believe it or not, she teaches me about science!”

Twilight looked very confused, she knew she was Princess Celestia’s number 1 student. “But why would she do that? When magic is so much better?” she said innocently.

Hype turned at her furiously, and they quickly started an argument about science, magic, Princess Celestia and other odd things.

In the midst of things, Spike, coughed up a letter. It was from the Princess, the ponies stopped talking as Spike read it aloud.

“Dear Twilight Sparkle,

It has come to my attention that a group of mine has come to Ponyville. Please treat them like family and allow them to stay at the library until they can find residence in Ponyville.”

Hyper Drive interrupted, “She want’s us in Ponyville?!?! For what! This place already looks boring! And we have to stay with the Egghead???”

Rainbow Dash laughed as Spike read on, “ I would also like to tell you, that as of today you are relieved of your royal duties. I only ask you settle down in Ponyville until I require your assistance again.

Sincerely, Princess Celestia.”

“Guess, we’re here to stay” said Silver, he resumed talking with Spike.

Crimson Sky started unpacking his bed and possessions, while Pinkie Pie hopped around him.

“So what's your name? Where you from? Wanna be friends? “she said smiling ear to ear. Sky, laid down, he had no attention for Pinkie and her endless questions, his eyes were focused on the pegasus flying above Hype.

Rainbow Dash was flying circles around Hyper Drive, as they chatted about how awesome it would be if everpony had wings.

“I’ve always kinda wanted to fly” Hyper Drive said blushing. Rainbow laughed and told her it’s a lot more fun than it looks. Crimson was staring at Dash’s magenta eyes, they were so beautiful in the light, he thought. Pinkie Pie stopped with the questions and was now telling him about herself and all her wacky adventures.

“Ooooh! I have a great idea! you can come to the bakery and I can bake you some cupacakes! I live in the bakery with Mr. and Mrs. Cake and their two foals Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake”. Then she resumed the questions “Do you like foals? I like foals. Oh wait! I forgot to ask. Do you like cupacakes? Wy don’t you talk? Do you not loke cupcakes? Hello? well you must be shy. Just like Flutershy over there. Have you met her? She’s really shy. She’s even scared of her shadow!”

Silver Wind walked passed them, Spike look at Crimson Sky, “He doesn’t really talk much does he? Spiked said.

Crimson looked up at Silver and they shared a glance of regret. “No...he uhm...can’t.” Silver said, continuing past them.

Fluttershy stood next to Twilight, listening to everpony. She didn’t think it was a very good idea to chat with these random strangers. Fluttershy kicked at the ground, and looked around the room. Hyper Drive had dropped whatever she was holding and it was now sending sparks into the air. All of these ponies looked so odd, she thought. She noticed the blades on the edges of Crimson Sky’s wings...and dangerous.

Spike was still talking to Silver Wind when he remembered the gems he gathered. Spike and Silver walked over to Rarity, who was sitting by herself reading one of Twilight’s books on fashion.

“So you’re the mare this little guy keeps talking about” Silver said grinning. Rarity looked up at them.

Spike handed her a couple sapphires he had found. “Oh Spikey Wikey!” Rarity said, the reflection of the sapphires, matching her eyes. “They are just wonderful! And I suppose I should be thanking you for these” she looked at Silver who was still thinking of the beast they defeated to get such a trivial prize.

Rarity reminded Silver of the Canterlot ponies he saw while meeting with the princess. “It was nothing really” he said, lying through his teeth, “They weren't that hard to find, and Spike said you really liked gems, so he picked up quite a lot.” Spike grabbed a chest and gave it to Rarity, inside many more gems shined brightly.

Spike went to help Twilight find a book on physics for Hyper Drive, and left Rarity and Silver Wind conversing. Applejack had taken Buckshot to Sweet Apple Acres, talking about an apple bucking contest or something. Buckshot saying that before he joined the royal guard, he was the best colt bucker in Appaloosa.

“Are you all apart of the royal guard?” Rarity asked Silver Wind.

He looked around the room at his friends, “No, only Buckshot, but he’s an ex-guard now, joined forces with us after he quit. Me and Crimson come from a land beyond Equestria if you can believe that.” he laughed. “Hyper Drive joined up with us reluctantly, after Princess Celestia told her to.”

Rarity tilted her head, “Joined what exactly?”

Silver Wind, looked off into the distance, “The Fallen. We work for the Princess, capturing all sorts of monsters and creatures and bringing them to Tartarus, to seal them up for good. Making the land a better place.”

“Why, that’s simply amazing! You must live such an exciting life!” Rarity said, thinking of what it would be like, traveling Equestria. She immediately regretted the thought. Who knew what kinds of dirt and grime was out there. “But why are you called “The Fallen?”

Silver Wind closed his eyes, and in his mind's eye, he saw visions of chaos and death, blood and famine. He saw war and loved ones in pain. He saw the wind that blew his life to pieces. “It’s a long story” he whispered.

Hyper Drive had joined Sky in unpacking, and as the other ponies left, the room grew quieter.

Rarity knew she had hit a sensitive nerve with that last question “Well why don’t you join me at the boutique, and you can tell me about over tea?”

Silver Wind, looked back at his friends, laughing and enjoying the company of the ponies. He thought of Buckshot, at the farm, sitting under a tree with Applejack watching the clouds, or trying to impress each other.

“Sounds like a great idea” He said.

Comments ( 15 )

one, first:yay: second: MOAR! and #3 longer chapters plz, if you can that is.

697729

Got it Got It Got it

Thanks, Fans always keep my spirits high

692237
It's not easily discernible. Try harder.

693267
As bad as it is, I don't think you actually read it. Read it and don't criticize me until you do so. (But please do; criticisms are always welcome!)

697790

I dedicated an entire chapter to them.

If you can't see their personas then i'm sorry but i'm not gonna write you a list.

Follow the story and learn about the characters as the story progresses

697801
I've learned nothing. Most writers can make me learn something about a character within the first chapter.

When I have proper access to a computer, I'll point out the exact problems.

So Rarity just gave the majority of the credit to Silver, even though Spike was the one who went through all the trouble and almost got killed.

700805

Spike would probably also gotten killed if left alone.

701092 Yea so Silver should of been thanked for saving him or bringing him home safely not for bringing Rarity the gems, that was all Spike's prerogative.

701160

Youre absolutely right, I'll make the change when uploading the next chapter

701191 and again to be fair, Buck and Sky did the actual saving, Silver was just kind of there.

701223

Thas true, but Rarity doesn't know that, and Spike doesn't either (seeing as he was knocked out) so it seems logical they would assume Silver helped.

701234 Very true, I just find it kind of funny he keeps getting credit for other peoples actions.

701249

lol I'll be sure to fix that up.

Any other advice?

701292 Well your characterization is mildly lacking, but I assume were going to learn more as we go, most mercenaries aren't exactly the talkative type after all.

The only other thing I suppose is that you make a mistake with your dialect. "You need a comma when you use said he and so," said Cloud. "It should also always be inside the parentheses, same if you end it with a period, question mark, or exclamation mark."

701327

Yeah I was thinking you leave about them as it unfolds.

And dialogue has been always been a weakness of mine, the guy who usually edits and fixes the drafts was asleep when me and Magicolt uploaded this.

Login or register to comment