• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 718 Views, 69 Comments

Oak The Shadow Dragon - ShadowDragon6



I rewrote this. Look at the rewrite!

  • ...
36
 69
 718

A New Pony

Pinkie Pie threw a huge party for Oak the Shadow Dragon, and he drank lots of punch, ate the glass punch bowl, and got a lampshade on his head. He played Pin The Tail On The Pony, and got it pinned to his forehead, and everypony laughed, but Pinkie said this was a good thing. Twilight took the tail pin out with her magic. And then he remembered something, and wanted to do a conga line, but everypony said no, because they didn't like the idea of something so powerful and evil living with them or even touching them, even though Twilight said it was being done for research and science.

Oak tried to not let it bother him, but it kinda did. He was also bothered by how compared to everypony else's bright colours, his black scaled skin looked completely different. He felt sad. He spent most of the party alone, and then he remembered something he'd heard once, about how you should talk to girls when you're nervous.

"Hey, it's me, Oak!" Oak the Shadow Dragon said to a cute pony, Fluttershy.

"Um... hello." She said shyly. "I'm mmmmmm."

"You're what?" Oak asked.

"I'm mmmmmm." She said.

"You're what?" Oak asked.

"I'm Fluttershy." She said.

"That's a nice name." He said.

There was a really awkward silence. She didn't know what to say because she was really shy, and he didn't know what to say because he'd lost all his memories.

"He's a Shadow Dragon!" Pinkie said, jumping out of nowhere, scaring both of them.

"A dragon?!" Fluttershy asked in fear.

"Even better, he's a Shadow Dragon! One of the ten mythical beasts said to destroy the universe when they wake up!" Pinkie said. "They must be really cranky at the mornings!"

Fluttershy screamed and flew away.

"Pinkie Pie! Why'd you do that?" Oak asked angrily.

"I... I just thought everypony should know!" Pinkie said, scared. "And it's fun to be scared!"

Oak hugged her tightly. "Don't be scared! I was just angry she ran away. Everypony treats me like I'm a monster."

"Well, you kinda are one." Pinkie said happily.

"I know." Oak said sadly.

"Hey, turn that frown upside down! We helped Luna with this problem, and we can help you, too!" Pinkie said, frowning and then smiling.

"Being a monster?" Oak asked.

"No, Luna isn't a monster! We helped ponies realise she ISN'T one." Pinkie said.

"Oh." Oak said.

And then Rainbow Dash flew over. "Why is Fluttershy scared of you?" She asked angrily. "What did you do to her?"

"Nothing! Pinkie told her I was a Shadow Dragon, and she got scared and flew away, honest!" Oak said, looking so scared he might pee himself.

"Yeah, that sounds like her." Rainbow said.

"You're not going to hurt me?" Oak said, surprised.

"Of course not!" Rainbow yelled.

"But you're angry. ...Right?" Oak said, not understanding.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna throw a tantrum and hurt you. I'm not a foal." Rainbow said.

"Ok. Pinkie? Didn't you say you helped someone- somepony with my problem before? How did you fix it back then?" Oak asked.

"I don't know. Twilight did all of that." Pinkie said.

"I think Twilight would rather cut me open and examine me." Oak said sadly.

"Ew!" Pinkie said.

"Yeah. She keeps running tests on me, too. I don't know what she'll do to me when she runs out of stuff to test." Oak said sadly.

"Oh. Well... At least Applejack likes you." Pinkie said happily.

"Wait, she does?"

"Well, DUH! She took you in, didn't she? She seems to think of you as her new kid brother." Pinkie said happily.

"What's that?" Oak asked.

"A pony younger than her." Pinkie said.

"I'm about as old as her... I think." Oak said. Everypony started to leave, because the party was over.

"She doesn't care. HEEEEYYYY, wanna go eat Ice Cream?" She asked.

"What's that?" Oak asked.

"Come on, I'll show you!" Pinkie said.

"Bye, everypony!" Pinkie yelled as they left.

They rushed over to Sugarcube Corner, and when they got there...

"Mrs Cake, it's an emergency!" Pinkie shouted.

"What kind of emergency?" Mrs Cake asked.

"A food emergency! This Dragon's lost his memories, and he's never had ice cream before!" Pinkie yelled.

"Wait, Dragon? He looks like an ordinary pony to me." Mrs Cake said.

"I'm a Shadow Dragon, shapeshifting is one of our powers." Oak explained.

"Of course it is." Mr Cake said sarcastically.

"Here's proof!" Oak said, his eyes glowing purple. He grew a Unicorn horn and giant Dragon wings, and they turned back into purple magic after a few seconds of showing off.

"Woah!" Mrs Cake said, scared.

"Isn't it cool?" Pinkie asked happily.

"Nice wings!" Rainbow Dash said happily.

"Wait, you two aren't scared?" Oak asked, surprised.

"No! I think it's cool." Rainbow said.

"Me too!" Pinkie said. "So, Mrs Cake, do we have any ice cream? I'll pay for it with my wages."

"You don't have to do that, dear. This one's on the house." Mrs Cake said, going back and getting a bowl of vanilla ice cream. She gave it to Shadow Dragon, and he started to happily eat it.

"Sure, you give HIM a treat." Mr Cake said sadly.

"Hush, he's new in town." Mrs Cake said angrily.

"Just the way you like them." Mr Cake muttered.

"What did you say?" She asked.

"Nothing." He lied.

Oak frowned, and felt something inside him activate. His eyes glowed, and hearts appeared in Mr and Mrs Cake's eyes, and above their heads. They rubbed their heads together, and then he kissed her on the cheek. And then, for some reason, Oak felt much better.

"Wait, you can do love magic?" Rainbow asked, surprised.

"I... think so." Oak said, surprised.

"Looking at you, that's the last spell I'd expect you to know." Rainbow said.

"What would you expect me to know?" Oak asked.

"Black magic, because you're black." Rainbow said.

"Oh." Oak said sadly. He kept eating the ice cream, and he felt much better. "I love Ice Cream!" He yelled.

"Me too!" Pinkie Pie said happily.

"And me." Rainbow Dash said.

The three of them stayed together in Pinkie's house for the day, eating desserts and having fun, talking about Equestria. Rainbow Dash talked about the Wonderbolts and how awesome they are, and Pinkie Pie talked about all the amazing parties she had, and both talked about the adventures they'd been on and all the fun they'd had with their friends.

When it was night, Oak kissed Rainbow Dash, who was surprised. Her lips tasted like blueberries. Her eyes shrunk, and she pushed him away, her wings spread out. "What was that?!" She asked angrily.

"I don't know! I saw Mrs Cake do it to Mrs Cake, and she seemed to like it." He said, scared.

"We've just met!" Rainbow yelled angrily, her eyes becoming normal again. "You only do that stuff if we're in a relationship! And we're not!"

"What's a relationship? Is it something you eat?" Oak asked.

Rainbow groaned angrily. "It's when two ponies like each other a lot." She said.

"Or more than two ponies!" Pinkie said happily.

"Yeah, yeah." Rainbow said.

"Oh. Well... I like you two a lot. Does that count?" Oak asked shyly, a red blush appearing on his face.

"Maybe, but not right now! They develop slowly, over time." Rainbow said.

"Oh. How long does that take?" Oak asked.

"I don't know, it's different depending on the couple. My parents got together after their first tour." Rainbow said.

"My parents knew each other their whole lives, they grew up in the same town, and they were an arranged marriage." Pinkie admitted.

"What's that?" Oak asked.

"It's when your parents decide who you're going to marry, not you." Rainbow said.

"What's marriage. Is it something you eat?" Oak asked.

"Not everything in life is for eating!" Rainbow yelled.

"But I like eating stuff." Oak said sadly.

"Would you eat us?" Rainbow asked.

"No!" Oak yelled.

"See? Not everything is for eating. Marriage is when ponies decide to be together their whole lives, and they make it official with a ring and a big party called a wedding ceremony where a bunch of ponies watch to prove that yes, they really are married." Rainbow said. "It's kinda dumb, but also kinda cool."

"Oh. What are parents?" Oak asked.

"They're... the ponies that gave birth to you. But... Wait, do you have parents? Or were you just sorta there the whole time, like Princess Celestia was?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know. I can't remember anything." Oak said sadly. "I don't like not remembering stuff. I could have been through so much stuff, but I wouldn't know, because I can't remember it. I don't know who my parents are... or if I had any... I don't know if I had any brothers or sisters, and I don't know who I am."

"Well, now you get to make lots of new memories, and you can be whoever you want!" Pinkie said happily.

"And if your old memories were with monsters like the Shadow Dragons, they probably weren't very good memories." Rainbow said.

"Yeah..." Oak said. He wondered why he always felt a little sad when he thought about his home, wherever that was. Did he have friends, back there? Were they like him?

"Hey, it's getting pretty late. Applejack will probably want you home with her." Rainbow said.

"Oh. Hey, Pinkie Pie? I kissed Rainbow Dash because I like her, but... I like you, too. Can I kiss you?" Oak asked, blushing.

"Sure, go ahead!" Pinkie said happily, pointing her head forwards. He kissed her, and her lips tasted like strawberries. He kissed her for a little longer than Rainbow Dash, and then they moved away.

"That was nice." Oak said, blushing. "Did you like it, too?"

"It was okay, for your first kiss." Pinkie said happily.

"Meeeh, I've had better." Rainbow said, looking away.

"I was wondering... Why do you two sound normal, but Applejack sounds American?" Oak asked.

"I don't sound normal." Pinkie said.

"What's American?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know." Oak said sadly.

"It sounds funny." Pinkie said.

"Yeah." Oak agreed with her.

"Applejack is an Apple Pony, they talk like that." Rainbow said.

"I thought Twilight said she was an Earth pony." Oak said, confused.

"She is." Rainbow Dash explained. "Me and Fluttershy are Pegasi, Pinkie and Applejack are Earth Ponies, Twilight's an Alicorn, and Rarity is a Unicorn."

"Who?" Oak asked.

"She wasn't at the party, she was super busy with clothes." Pinkie said.

"Wait... This world has clothes? Why are we naked?" Oak asked.

"Because it's Ponyville, duh." Rainbow said.

"That means I've been naked this whole time!" Oak said, shocked.

"Duh." Pinkie said.

"Man, the guys back home aren't gonna believe this!" Oak said happily.

"What guys?" Rainbow asked.

"I... I don't remember." Oak said sadly. "But what's an Apple Pony?"

"A pony in the Apple Family. They're a big family Applejack's a part of." Pinkie said. "And I might be one, too!"

"What's a family?" Oak asked sadly. The word made him feel sad.

"It's the group of your brothers, sisters, cousins, and parents." Rainbow said.

"What are-" Oak said.

"We should get you back to Applejack, you can ask Twilight all this stuff during tomorrow's tests." Rainbow said. "She'll probably have a bunch of books you can read."

"Ok..." Oak said sadly.

Oak followed them to Sweet Apple Acres, and they took him to Applejack.

"There you are!" Applejack said happily. "I saw you leave with those two, I just wasn't sure what time you'd be back. Tell me next time, ok?"

"Ok." Oak said.

"Bye!" Rainbow and Pinkie said, leaving.

"So, let me show you your new home." Applejack said, taking him to the barn.

She pointed at a pile of hay bales, and he looked at it. "That's where you sleep..."

And then she pointed at a pile of hay in the corner, and he looked at it. "And that's where you do your business."

She put her hoof on the ground, and he looked at her. "If you need anything, just shout, but don't come inside. Knock the house's door, and I'll come down to see you. Big Mac doesn't like it when new ponies show up on the farm, so stay in the barn until he warms up to you."

"Ok." Oak said, getting onto his hay bale bed and pulling some hay covers onto himself. "Applejack?"

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Today was the best day of my life." Oak said. "Sure, it sucked when Twilight shot me, but I got to meet you, and Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. I'm their friend now, too. It's nice. Also, I found out I have love powers! And I got my first kiss, AND my second one!"

"Hold up, who kissed you?" Applejack asked.

"I kissed Rainbow. She was surprised and angry, but it turned out ok. And then I kissed Pinkie, because I like her too and I already kissed Rainbow."

"Oh. Well, don't go around kissing every mare you see, alright, sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"Okay." Oak said, and she almost left the barn.

"Applejack?" Oak asked.

"Yeah?" Applejack asked.

"Rainbow's mane is so pretty... and Pinkie Pie is, too. And you are. How come I'm not colourful like you?" Oak asked.

"Well... We're ponies, and you're a Shadow Dragon."

"Oh. What's family?" Oak asked.

"A'll... Tell you tomorrow." Applejack said. "Goodnight, Oak."

"Goodnight, Applejack." Oak said, going to sleep.

For a moment, Applejack stayed in the doorway, watching him sleep. Even though he was bigger than her, he was just like a little foal. Her own little brother.

She shook her head, leaving the barn. He wasn't an Apple Pony like her. He didn't even look like one! Granny Smith wouldn't like it, and neither would Big Mac. Besides, if Twilight's research was right...

He wouldn't be here long.




MEANWHILE, IN TWILIGHT'S HOUSE...

Spike burped and got a new letter. He read it, and got confused.

"Twilight?" Spike asked.

"Yes, Spike?" Twilight asked.

"I've got a weird letter for you." Spike said.

"Burn it like the rest." Twilight sighed. Being a princess sucked sometimes.

"But this one is-" Spike said.

"Burn it like the rest!" Twilight yelled.

"But Twilight, it's made of really fancy gold paper, with red ink made from crushed gems and some other stuff. I can smell rubies. It looks fancy! Maybe it's from somepony important, like a Prince of another country!"

Twilight was surprised. "What does it say?" She asked.

"It just says 'To my brother', and then there's a picture of a butt." Spike said, confused.

Twilight groaned. "Is that all? What kind of immature foal sends a butt letter these days?"

"Yeah. Hey, do you recognize this Cutie Mark?" Spike asked.

Twilight looked at the butt, and saw a black butt with three red Sharingan.

And she could smell what the red ink was made of, besides crushed rubies.

She screamed.